Play Book Tag discussion

In the Woods (Dublin Murder Squad, #1)
This topic is about In the Woods
Archive: Other Books > In the Woods / Tana French - 4****

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Book Concierge (last edited Oct 15, 2017 05:54AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 5813 comments In the Woods (Dublin Murder Squad, #1) by Tana French
In the Woods - Tana French
Digital audiobook performed by Stephen Crossley
4****

From the book jacket: Three children leave their small Dublin neighborhood to play in the surrounding woods. Hours later, their mothers’ calls go unanswered. The police find only one of the children, gripping a tree trunk in terror, wearing blood-filled sneakers, and unable to recall a single detail of the previous hours. Twenty years later, Detective Rob Ryan – the found boy, who has kept his past a secret – and his partner Cassie Maddox investigate the murder of a twelve-year-old girl in the same woods.

My reactions
This is a stunning debut. Gripping and suspenseful, with many twists and turns. I guessed the culprit fairly early on, but was still enthralled by the psychology of the characters – whether police, victims or perpetrator.

I really liked Cassie Maddox and Rob Ryan and would like to see this partnership further explored in future books. (Though I think it unlikely, I can still hope … and if you know the answer, do NOT tell me.)

Steven Crossley does an excellent job performing the audio book. His pacing is good and his skill as a voice artist clearly differentiated the characters.

LINK to my review

Karin | 7018 comments This got 4 stars from me, as well, even though it's a suspenseful novel; she writes this genre well.

Booknblues | 5793 comments I loved this one which I read quite a few years ago, but never went on to read another.

LibraryCin | 8342 comments This is still my favourite of the three in the series I've read. 5 stars from me!