Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > Iron Gold RR#4 [Jan 16, 2018]

Comments Showing 1-50 of 86 (86 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Scott  Hitchcock (lostinthewarrenofchaos) | 8082 comments Mod
Book #4 comes out January 16th and I plan on doing it on audio. Tim Gerard Reynolds is simply one of the best.

Originally this was supposed to be book #1 of a new trilogy. Since the events happen 15 years in the future I'm treating 4, 5 & 6 as a second trilogy for my series challenge.

message 2: by Gelisvb (new)

Gelisvb | 76 comments Yes, I have also done the audiobook version and they were fantastic.

message 3: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new)

Niki Hawkes - The Obsessive Bookseller | 7418 comments Mod
I'm in.

message 4: by Margret, Caladan Brood Face (new)

Margret | 3170 comments Mod
MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

message 5: by Maciel (new)

Maciel | 39 comments I've read the trilogy like 4 times now. I'm soooo in for this one (/*.*)/

message 6: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (vinjii) | 1073 comments I'm in!

message 7: by Brian (new)

Brian | 1081 comments I’m in. One of my favorite series.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments In. Have hardback pre-ordered!

message 9: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Sweet. This is one of my audio series. Love TGR as a narrator.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments I have it in my Audible wishlist too 😊

message 11: by Lee (new)

Lee (leeman729) | 828 comments Anybody still in for this? Trying to bring this thread back to life now that we're only about a week away haha. I think I'll be able to start within two or three days of release =].

message 12: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new)

Niki Hawkes - The Obsessive Bookseller | 7418 comments Mod
Assuming my hold comes in, I'm totally game.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments I'm going to try not to fall out in the floor and pass out!!! I'm glad excited and scaried at the same time!!

message 14: by Margret, Caladan Brood Face (new)

So. Fucking. In.

message 15: by Lee (new)

Lee (leeman729) | 828 comments Awesome ^_^.

message 16: by Chris (new)

Chris  (haughtc) | 1748 comments I'm in.

message 17: by Petrik (new)

Petrik (petrikleo) | 1546 comments Niki Hawkes wrote: "Assuming my hold comes in, I'm totally game."

me too... but I don't think it will arrive on time!

message 18: by Petrik (new)

Petrik (petrikleo) | 1546 comments Margret wrote: "So. Fucking. In."

My fellow Howlerrrrr, are you ready for the next Iron Rain!??? :p

message 19: by Margret, Caladan Brood Face (new)

You’re bloodydamn right I am. Gravboots on and ready to go

message 20: by Frank (new)

Frank | 695 comments I am going to try to squeeze this in!!
Loved the first three.

message 21: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Started this morning.

message 22: by Petrik (new)

Petrik (petrikleo) | 1546 comments Still waiting for my physical book to arrive. Guess I'll be super late for this one.. xD

message 23: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (vinjii) | 1073 comments Still waiting for the physical book, hopefully either today or tomorrow.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments My audio book was here at midnight. But I'm reading the physical book that will be here this evening. I have a few more coming from the U.K. As special editions. Was going to wait for them but I would like to start before.

message 25: by Gelisvb (new)

Gelisvb | 76 comments Aamzon.it still has no physical copy :-(

message 26: by Lee (new)

Lee (leeman729) | 828 comments Starting this morning!

message 27: by Lee (new)

Lee (leeman729) | 828 comments A couple chapters in, and it has been great so far! Slow beginning, but I tend to prefer that, and some solid development of the characters is being done, considering how long the time gap is between books. It's good to be getting caught up.

message 28: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

I like the changing POVs each chapter.

message 29: by J.J. (new)

J.J. I'm excited to read 'Iron Gold" soon. I've read the Red Rising trilogy and it is great, The audiobooks are even better, I had to listen to them again because they're so good. I love crazy ass Zevro, I wouldn't mind a side kick like him.

message 30: by Chris (new)

Chris  (haughtc) | 1748 comments Started last night (late) and listened to two chapters. Feels bloodydamn good to be back here

message 31: by Lee (new)

Lee (leeman729) | 828 comments I'm in chapter 10 now - really am thinking that this has the potential to be Pierce Brown's best yet.

Red Rising was so limited in scope, since we only had Darrow's POV. Broadening that out, and accelerating the story forward, I think is doing great things for my investment in the series. Lysander in particular is sticking out to me as a potentially awesome character, as does Lyria.

message 32: by Margret, Caladan Brood Face (new)

Just started on my flight and about 20% in. I’m loving the dark tone of this book so far!

message 33: by Petrik (new)

Petrik (petrikleo) | 1546 comments Still bloodydamn waiting for my book to arrive. Seriously, I'll drop everything once this book arrives!

message 34: by Margret, Caladan Brood Face (new)

It’s quite good Petrik! I like the dark tone and it feels slightly more mature to me

message 35: by Petrik (new)

Petrik (petrikleo) | 1546 comments Margret wrote: "It’s quite good Petrik! I like the dark tone and it feels slightly more mature to me"

Nice! that's good to hear! It's also crazy to think that this year we get to see not 1 but 2 new book in the RR saga. Pierce Brown is killing it! :D

message 36: by Maciel (last edited Jan 22, 2018 05:54AM) (new)

Maciel | 39 comments Iron Gold
OMG xD sorry. I couldn't wait. I already finished it *0*
Soooo waiting for the second book now!
The torture!!

message 37: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

I finished this afternoon. I liked it more than book one but not as much as two and three. Although I like this series I still think it's more of a guilty pleasure and not truly great. Gratuitous violence, impossible escape, angst over all the killing, wash, rinse and repeat.

I did like getting more character perspective. The series is fun. Zevro is the best.

There's no way (view spoiler)

message 38: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (vinjii) | 1073 comments My library seems to not want to get this one in stock, even though they had it on order forever. I don't really have any opportunity to listen to the audiobook at the moment. So, this one will have to wait a few weeks. I'm a bit apprehensive anyway. I loved Red Rising a lot.. what if this lets me down?

message 39: by idiffer (new)

idiffer | 765 comments I know it'll prolly be good, but... I wanna save it for a book slump or smth. Just like I won't read Crooked Kingdom yet, despite really liking the first book. It's like saving all the good candy for a rainy day. So dunno if I'll make it to this BR.

message 40: by jess (new)

jess (nu6586) | 1722 comments Im still waiting on this from Library! I know I only have one week until competition rules keep me from using it. But i fogure i could finish this book FAST!

message 41: by Petrik (new)

Petrik (petrikleo) | 1546 comments Jess wrote: "Im still waiting on this from Library! I know I only have one week until competition rules keep me from using it. But i fogure i could finish this book FAST!"

I think the competition rules only stated that you have to start within two weeks of the BR date, take your time finishing it. Don't let rushing books ruin your enjoyment :)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments I loved it! =)

message 43: by Petrik (new)

Petrik (petrikleo) | 1546 comments I've only read the prologue, I know it's really short but I'm impressed, Pierce Brown can really write in 3rd person perspective!! It's really good imo and it made me wonder what his fantasy series would look like if he decide to pursue it.

message 44: by jess (new)

jess (nu6586) | 1722 comments I willbe starting Iron Gold Monday at the latest! Im excited so Ive been avoiding the comments for spoilers!

message 45: by Ann (new)

Ann (ann_davies) | 166 comments Starting today!

message 46: by jess (new)

jess (nu6586) | 1722 comments I started last night! Yay, glad im not the only one behind the pack

message 47: by Petrik (new)

Petrik (petrikleo) | 1546 comments I'm starting super slowly with my ebook. Still waiting for my physical book to arrive! It's been 3 weeks, I really hate BD sometimes but it's free delivery and beggars cant be choosers..

message 48: by Chris (new)

Chris  (haughtc) | 1748 comments Wrapped up Part 1 today. All I can say is...Gorydamn!

message 49: by Lee (new)

Lee (leeman729) | 828 comments I'm in the middle of chapter 40. Lysander's POV took a long while to really great my interest, but I'm finally starting to get into it. It was a really great idea boosting the POV count in these books.

Once Brown is finished with this series, I would LOVE to see him write a totally new series from 3rd person POV. Because like Petrik said, I think it's something he can do really well, and would only further showcase his storytelling ability.

Spoiler through 40: (view spoiler)

message 50: by jess (new)

jess (nu6586) | 1722 comments Man, for being the leader of the Free Peoples, Darrow sure is insecure!

« previous 1