Christian Readers discussion

19 views
Scripture Memorization > Is your Jesus the TRUE or FALSE Christ?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 59 (59 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Robert (new)

Robert Dallmann (robert_dallmann) | 1964 comments Mod
Mark 13:22 - "for false Christs and false prophets will arise, and will show signs and wonders, in order to lead astray, if possible, the elect ."

Jesus Himself WARNS of false Christs and false prophets. How do we know if the Jesus we are following is the TRUE Christ or not?


message 2: by Joel (new)

Joel Thimell | 22 comments If they preach doctrines which contradict the Bible, they are false prophets. If they deny the divinity of Jesus, they are false prophets.


message 3: by Robert (new)

Robert Dallmann (robert_dallmann) | 1964 comments Mod
Joel wrote: "If they preach doctrines which contradict the Bible, they are false prophets. If they deny the divinity of Jesus, they are false prophets."

AMEN!!!!


message 4: by Chris (new)

Chris Queen | 75 comments What is an example of what you consider a false doctrine, please so there is some context. Misquoting Logic: What Bart Ehrman Forgot to Tell You about the Coming Apocalypse and Your Place in It by Chris Queen.


message 5: by Joel (new)

Joel Thimell | 22 comments If they tell you that you must "earn" your salvation, that is false doctrine. If they tell you that the Bible promises prosperity for Christians, that is false doctrine.

If they tell you that they know the date for Christ's return, that is false doctrine. If they tell you the purpose of the Church is pushing some political agenda, that is false doctrine.

If they tell you that Jesus is not divine or not enough for salvation, that is false doctrine. If they dispute the Trinity or the Holy Spirit, that is false doctrine.

There are many more, unfortunately...


message 6: by Chris (new)

Chris Queen | 75 comments I've read the Bible and zero commentaries for 38 years. I agree with everything you write Joel. Sir Isaac Newton tried to solve what is revealed in the Book, but was unable from his seat in history. I am the author! I wrote this book because Ehrman has been successful in leading 20,000,000 (books sold) of those without much Bible knowledge, including a young impressionable and important member of our own family, into an abyss making exaggerated claims while omitting facts that would tend to blunt his own argument, which he subjectively makes as though it were objective. It is not!
In Scripture within Daniel 12: 3, 4 the angel of the Lord said: "Those who are wise will shine like the brightness of the heavens, and those who lead many to righteousness, like the stars for ever and ever. 4 But you, Daniel, roll up and seal the words of the scroll until the time of the end. Many will go here and there to increase knowledge.”
Daniel 12: 9,10: "He replied, 'Go your way, Daniel, because the words are rolled up and sealed until the time of the end. 10 Many will be purified, made spotless and refined, but the wicked will continue to be wicked. None of the wicked will understand, but those who are wise will understand.'"
Daniel 12: 13: “As for you, go your way till the end. You will rest, and then at the end of the days you will rise to receive your allotted inheritance.”
Realizing also (having personally studied the scriptures for 38 years since my own born again experience on June 14, 1979) that God in Isaiah boasts himself; Isaiah. 46: 9, 10:
“Remember this, keep it in mind, take it to heart, you rebels. 9 Remember the former things, those of long ago; I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me. 10 I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. I say, ‘My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please.’"
As a mechanical engineer (BSME) this author immediately realized there are word problems, with time pins here in the Scriptures of the Old Testament and Revelation and Jesus (Matthew 24) makes reference and gives clues to them. Investigating the Scriptures and the math and building on the work of others and crediting their work to them I have solved many very interesting word problems of God from scripture, laying them out with the Scriptures, which very specifically state them. Realizing also the solutions fitting precisely on the timeline in history as specifically stated the claims of Ehrman the scriptures are not inspired are UTTER POPPYCOCK.
Therefore, also hearing from David and Joyce, their daughter had come home from college saying "The Bible is just a book" as the ignorant (Ignorance: The modern science of ignoring the facts) (New academic authored Dark Ages) professors spewing nonsense in the face of Objective Evidence which will stand in any reasonable court of law (I dare you) will have to come to an end.
Recently voters declared "we want our country back." This author comes hard and bold, with Objective evidence the Lord of Israel has written a single source prophetic encyclopedia in 66 books written by 40 authors, over 3500 years as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit as Peter said in II Peter 1: 19-21 telling those in Christ we "will do well to pay attention to the prophetic record as a light shining in a dark place until the morning star rises in our hearts."
To professors committed to the common ignorance, and mental laziness, and the seminarilly confused who want RESPECTABILITY rather than truth (Respectability, not a gift of the Spirit) the author boldly says "We want our young family members back." Lord glorify your name in your own words. You want your glory and I want you to have it! I have put the arithmetic with your word, to your glory. Ehrman is a modern Balaam cursing the people of the Lord, and the Lord himself for pay and that makes me the talking donkey. (Numbers 22). Chris Queen. I am taking the fight to the foundation where their argument cannot survive the illumination. Please read and review my book here and on Amazon where the book appears with Ehrman's books. Objective evidence that will stand in a court of law.


message 7: by Robert (new)

Robert Dallmann (robert_dallmann) | 1964 comments Mod
Joel wrote: "If they tell you that you must "earn" your salvation, that is false doctrine. If they tell you that the Bible promises prosperity for Christians, that is false doctrine.

If they tell you that they..."


AMEN Joel!


message 8: by Chris (new)

Chris Queen | 75 comments Jesus, my all time hero and savior who leads me beside the still waters and restores my soul said, "Let the dead bury their own dead." Gift: Ephesians 2: 9-10. I have received a gift and walk in the Spirit of truth promised me by Jesus. My book is not apologetic it is prophetic objective evidence from the mouth of God boasting before the entire creation. One of the most powerful books ever written. Praise your name Lord. It is written to reveal the Lord's glory in his boasting backed up with evidence that will stand in a court of law. The Lord wants his glory and I want him to have it. Glorify your name Lord.


message 9: by Rod (new)

Rod Horncastle You're boasting that your book is one of the most powerful ever written???
Hmmm, where have I heard that a thousand times? Every charismatic on every corner. Yawwwn.


message 10: by Rod (new)

Rod Horncastle Telling people that you've read Zero commentaries is rather embarrassing - reminds me of the guys who founded the Jehovah's Witnesses cult.


message 11: by Chris (new)

Chris Queen | 75 comments Rod wrote: "You're boasting that your book is one of the most powerful ever written???
Hmmm, where have I heard that a thousand times? Every charismatic on every corner. Yawwwn."
Commentaries and top down world mentality is how we got to near zero growth in the US churches.


message 12: by Chris (new)

Chris Queen | 75 comments Rod wrote: "You're boasting that your book is one of the most powerful ever written???
Hmmm, where have I heard that a thousand times? Every charismatic on every corner. Yawwwn."


God boasts himself of the things I have written under the leading of the Holy Spirit. The young are being ravaged by Ehrman (20,000,000) book sold destroying the faith of many young college students and people like you ridicule those who stand against this.


message 13: by Chris (new)

Chris Queen | 75 comments Rod wrote: "You're boasting that your book is one of the most powerful ever written???
Hmmm, where have I heard that a thousand times? Every charismatic on every corner. Yawwwn."


No such thing as a non charismatic relationship with the Father through Christ (You must be born of the Spirit) the Spirit of truth who takes from what belongs to Jesus and makes it known to you. John chapter 14-17 the geography of faith.


message 14: by Chris (new)

Chris Queen | 75 comments Rod wrote: "Telling people that you've read Zero commentaries is rather embarrassing - reminds me of the guys who founded the Jehovah's Witnesses cult."

People who have the Spirit of truth dwelling within them, as Jesus promised the Spirit speaking not on his own but from Jesus don't need the security blanket provided by commentaries. I don't place faith in any teacher my faith is Jesus.


message 15: by Chris (new)

Chris Queen | 75 comments Rod wrote: "Telling people that you've read Zero commentaries is rather embarrassing - reminds me of the guys who founded the Jehovah's Witnesses cult."

People who have the Spirit of truth dwelling within them, as Jesus promised the Spirit speaking not on his own but from Jesus don't need the security blanket provided by commentaries. I don't place faith in any teacher my faith is Jesus.


message 16: by Chris (new)

Chris Queen | 75 comments Rod wrote: "Telling people that you've read Zero commentaries is rather embarrassing - reminds me of the guys who founded the Jehovah's Witnesses cult."

Or the WesCalvianists? Infants. I Corinthians 3: 1-9. But lets look at Romans 1-2:4 because you are slandering me with out any investigation. Please Read the book or kindly close the pie hole. Than you.


message 17: by Rod (new)

Rod Horncastle So which translations of the Bible are you using?

You don't seem to realize that THAT is a commentary in itself. Are you saying that the Holy Spirit has made it impossible for you to make a mistake?

I'll say it again: no two theologians agree on every issue. Even Peter and Paul had disagreements.


message 18: by Rod (new)

Rod Horncastle Comically: how do we choose between 10 charismatics stating 10 contradictory teachings?
(Hint: assume they are ALL wrong.)


message 19: by Rod (new)

Rod Horncastle Chris,
Your pie hole has given us no reason to even look at your book. Thankfully, your boasting was a wonderful Red Flag that something was very wrong- but then your lack of research and books read shows us you're just another Goodreads author who failed to do their homework. (I've come across 20 people just like you - are they Holy Spirit inspired as well???)

I'm still not sure what your book is about... but you're going about it all wrong. Don't EVER boast in front of Christian theologians who actually have discernment. That crap only works in gullible charismatic settings.


message 20: by Rod (new)

Rod Horncastle 18 Let no one deceive himself. If anyone among you thinks that he is wise in this age, let him become a fool that he may become wise.

Don't deceive yourself. Assume you are the fool.


message 21: by Rod (new)

Rod Horncastle "God boasts himself of the things I have written..."

Do you not see how Freakin Weird comments like that are Chris???? Your Not the Apostle Paul. How and why do you claim your Authority?

On Goodreads: only 2 people have read your book. Best not to boast just yet.


message 22: by Chris (new)

Chris Queen | 75 comments Rod, God boasts in Isaiah he tells the end from the beginning. In Daniel he say through the angel at 12: 3, 4: Those who are wise[a] will shine like the brightness of the heavens, and those who lead many to righteousness, like the stars for ever and ever. 4 But you, Daniel, roll up and seal the words of the scroll until the time of the end. Many will go here and there to increase knowledge.” Daniel 12: 9, 10: He replied, “Go your way, Daniel, because the words are rolled up and sealed until the time of the end. 10 Many will be purified, made spotless and refined, but the wicked will continue to be wicked. None of the wicked will understand, but those who are wise will understand. THAT IS GOD SPEAKING AND BOASTING OF THE THINGS ABOUT WHICH I WRITE. NOW THE TRUTH IS ALL I SPEAK. THE SCROLLS ARE UNSEALED. NOW ROD AS TO YOUR DISCERNMENT AS GREAT THEOLOGIANS I AM UNIMPRESSED. BASED ON THE CONVERSATION TO DATE, I PERCEIVE YOU AS AN ABUSER OF PERSONS. PAUL TOLD YOU NOT TO DO THIS AS ALSO JESUS. Isaac Newton tried to solve word problems that are clearly there in scripture. My solutions are correct and completely disprove the ideas of all skeptics that the scriptures are not inspired. I'm not here trying to convince those who will not believe. The book was written because a family member went away to college and came back as an Ehrman disciple. A friend at church said his daughter came home saying "The bible is just a book." I have 9 grandchildren and they will each receive a copy when they are old enough because the reality the Lord has revealed concerning word problems to an engineer (pretty sure he'd have a hard time doing it through a theologian) build faith and faith is what Paul thanks God for in the preamble of most of his epistles and faith is the substance of things. Now what is humorous to me is knowing my past and the gift of God and his demonstration of power that led me to these things of which the Lord has revealed to me and of which I have written clearly brings your claim of discernment into question. Lord you see all things. Judge between Rod and myself toward your glory Lord. I did not say I boast Rod. I said the Lord boasts and I have provided you the scriptures here. 1 Corinthians 1: 18-31 also seems to put your claim of discernment into question.


message 23: by Chris (new)

Chris Queen | 75 comments Rod wrote: "18 Let no one deceive himself. If anyone among you thinks that he is wise in this age, let him become a fool that he may become wise.

Don't deceive yourself. Assume you are the fool."


I Corinthians 1: 18-31. Numbers 22: 18-38.


message 24: by Chris (new)

Chris Queen | 75 comments Rod wrote: "Chris,
Your pie hole has given us no reason to even look at your book. Thankfully, your boasting was a wonderful Red Flag that something was very wrong- but then your lack of research and books rea..."


Read the book, or don't judge it or me. Your momma told you not to judge a book by its cover. But you don't listen to your momma or the Lord.


message 25: by Chris (new)

Chris Queen | 75 comments Rod wrote: ""God boasts himself of the things I have written..."

Do you not see how Freakin Weird comments like that are Chris???? Your Not the Apostle Paul. How and why do you claim your Authority?

On Good..."


Freakin Weird, Rod? You must be young. Hope so, because it would be a spectacle for any older theologian to exhibit the paltry amount of wisdom you have thus far revealed and use of that sort of language in the context of theology is an insult to the dignity of the Lord and his people.


message 26: by Chris (new)

Chris Queen | 75 comments Rod wrote: ""God boasts himself of the things I have written..."

Do you not see how Freakin Weird comments like that are Chris???? Your Not the Apostle Paul. How and why do you claim your Authority?

On Good..."


By the way Rod your English could use a primer You're is what you were looking for in your ridiculing me. Now as to the apostle Paul observation you are correct, however, the same Spirit that dwelt in Paul dwells in me by virtue of Jesus' promises most notably in John chapters 14-17.


message 27: by Chris (new)

Chris Queen | 75 comments Robert wrote: "Joel wrote: "If they preach doctrines which contradict the Bible, they are false prophets. If they deny the divinity of Jesus, they are false prophets."


AMEN!!!!
"


Robert, I find Rod's abusive comments and demeanor to be troubling and divisive. I don't appreciate being ridiculed when he has not even read my book.


message 28: by Chris (new)

Chris Queen | 75 comments Rod wrote: ""God boasts himself of the things I have written..."

Do you not see how Freakin Weird comments like that are Chris???? Your Not the Apostle Paul. How and why do you claim your Authority?

On Good..."


I've been on goodreads for about month maybe. Still don't know my way around. If one person comes to the Lord as result of my having written this book comes to saving faith in Christ it is a smashing success. One more observation, you are the one who started this attack on me when I posted my first comments here, speaking to Robert. I know I'm a stranger and I am presenting things from a new angle you are unfamiliar with but the Word is very clear about strangers: Deuteronomy 10: 19 You shall love the stranger, for you were once strangers in the land of Egypt.

Leviticus 19:34 The alien who resides with you shall be to you as the citizen among you; you shall love the alien as yourself, for you were aliens in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God.

Luke 10:27 You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind; and your neighbour as yourself.

Matt. 5:43-44 You have heard that it was said, ‘you shall love your neighbour and hate your enemy’. But I say to you, love your enemy and pray for those who persecute you.

Romans 13:8 Owe no one anything, except to love one another; for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law.

Romans 13:10 Love does no wrong to a neighbour, therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

Romans 12:13 Contribute to the needs of the saints; extend hospitality to strangers.

Acts 10:34 Then Peter began to speak to them: “I truly understand that God shows no partiality, but in every nation anyone who fears him and does what is right is acceptable to him.

Revelation 21:3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “See the home of God is among mortals. He will dwell with them as their God; they will be his peoples, and God himself will be with them.”

3 John 1:5 Beloved, you do faithfully whatever you do for the friends, even though they are strangers to you; they have testified to your love before the church. You do well to send them on in a manner worthy of God; for they began their journey for the sake of Christ, accepting no support from non-believers. Therefore we ought to support such people, so that they may become co-workers with the truth.

Hebrews 13: 1 Let mutual love continue. Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers for by doing that some have entertained angels without knowing it.

Collossians 3:11 In that renewal there is no longer Greek and Jew, circumcised and uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave and free; but Christ is all and in all.

Matthew 25: 35 I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me.

Matt. 25:40 Truly I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of my brethren you did it to me.


message 29: by Chris (new)

Chris Queen | 75 comments Rod wrote: "Comically: how do we choose between 10 charismatics stating 10 contradictory teachings?
(Hint: assume they are ALL wrong.)"


Rod, no such thing as a relationship in Jesus without the Spirit of truth revealing the things of Jesus and sanctifying the individual. So explain to us how you believe there is any other sort of relationship with the Father that is not result of Chairsma. (That's a Greek word, means grace or gift) Divisive and you've been warned many times I'd wager.


message 30: by Rod (new)

Rod Horncastle Just quoting Bible verses and mentioning Isaac Newton doesn't convince me that you have the Spirit of truth. The Pope could do that. Or Benny Hinn.

Sadly, you're a typical charismatic with self bloated pride. Be very careful.


message 31: by Chris (new)

Chris Queen | 75 comments My testimony, including telling 1000, people in advance, "The Lord says he will deliver me" and winning in federal court twice thereafter with no lawyer is in my book. In Romans 10: 9, 10 explains in entirety how to have the genuine Spirit of truth. I'm certainly not following the pope or Benny Hinn. I'm not following anyone other than Jesus and that by the Spirit of truth who speaks not on his own but taking from the things of Jesus, reveals the truth and sanctifies everyone believes Jesus came from the Father and abides in the vine. John 16: 27.


message 32: by Rod (new)

Rod Horncastle You aren't following Benny Hinn -/// you Sound like Benny Hinn.
You are claiming Your efforts as anointed and approved by God are you not? Yet who's to say you are qualified or authorized to boast of that?

Or do you claim all the basic boring miracles that every charismatic and cult leader claims?
Do speak of Jesus --- but please stop boasting of Your efforts.


message 33: by Chris (new)

Chris Queen | 75 comments Chris wrote: "Rod wrote: "You're boasting that your book is one of the most powerful ever written???
Hmmm, where have I heard that a thousand times? Every charismatic on every corner. Yawwwn."

God boasts himsel..."


One of the most popular book reviewers, a friend, has been contacted about your mocking and abuse Rob. Here's his reply:

Yeah I've had my share of troll issues as well over the years. I have some good friends at GR. I sent your complaint to Emily Fortner. She may handle it herself or she might have someone else contact you. Please let me know that they have talked to you and that the issue has been resolved. They probably won't get my message for a couple of hours since they are on the West Coast.

Sorry this happened to you. In my experience the good interactions far outweigh the bad. Thank you for contacting me with this. Goodreads is important to me and I want all Trolls to learn manners or they need to go back to Twitter where they belong. Let me know if you have any other issues.

Thanks for the support. I'm so glad you are enjoying my reviews!!

Jeffrey 5 hours, 56 min ago


message 34: by Rod (new)

Rod Horncastle Nobody gets the FULL Spirit of truth. Of course, if you read some commentaries you might know that.


message 35: by Chris (new)

Chris Queen | 75 comments Robert wrote: "Mark 13:22 - "for
false Christs
and false prophets will arise, and will show signs and wonders, in order
to lead astray, if possible, the elect
."

Jesus Himself
WARNS of false Christs
a..."


I've read the Bible and zero commentaries for 38 years. I agree with everything you write Joel. Sir Isaac Newton tried to solve what is revealed in the Book, but was unable from his seat in history. I am the author! I wrote this book because Ehrman has been successful in leading 20,000,000 (books sold) of those without much Bible knowledge, including a young impressionable and important member of our own family, into an abyss making exaggerated claims while omitting facts that would tend to blunt his own argument, which he subjectively makes as though it were objective. It is not!
In Scripture within Daniel 12: 3, 4 the angel of the Lord said: "Those who are wise will shine like the brightness of the heavens, and those who lead many to righteousness, like the stars for ever and ever. 4 But you, Daniel, roll up and seal the words of the scroll until the time of the end. Many will go here and there to increase knowledge.”
Daniel 12: 9,10: "He replied, 'Go your way, Daniel, because the words are rolled up and sealed until the time of the end. 10 Many will be purified, made spotless and refined, but the wicked will continue to be wicked. None of the wicked will understand, but those who are wise will understand.'"
Daniel 12: 13: “As for you, go your way till the end. You will rest, and then at the end of the days you will rise to receive your allotted inheritance.”
Realizing also (having personally studied the scriptures for 38 years since my own born again experience on June 14, 1979) that God in Isaiah boasts himself; Isaiah. 46: 9, 10:
“Remember this, keep it in mind, take it to heart, you rebels. 9 Remember the former things, those of long ago; I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me. 10 I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. I say, ‘My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please.’"
As a mechanical engineer (BSME) this author immediately realized there are word problems, with time pins here in the Scriptures of the Old Testament and Revelation and Jesus (Matthew 24) makes reference and gives clues to them. Investigating the Scriptures and the math and building on the work of others and crediting their work to them I have solved many very interesting word problems of God from scripture, laying them out with the Scriptures, which very specifically state them. Realizing also the solutions fitting precisely on the timeline in history as specifically stated the claims of Ehrman the scriptures are not inspired are UTTER POPPYCOCK.
Therefore, also hearing from David and Joyce, their daughter had come home from college saying "The Bible is just a book" as the ignorant (Ignorance: The modern science of ignoring the facts) (New academic authored Dark Ages) professors spewing nonsense in the face of Objective Evidence which will stand in any reasonable court of law (I dare you) will have to come to an end.
Recently voters declared "we want our country back." This author comes hard and bold, with Objective evidence the Lord of Israel has written a single source prophetic encyclopedia in 66 books written by 40 authors, over 3500 years as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit as Peter said in II Peter 1: 19-21 telling those in Christ we "will do well to pay attention to the prophetic record as a light shining in a dark place until the morning star rises in our hearts."
To professors committed to the common ignorance, and mental laziness, and the seminarilly confused who want RESPECTABILITY rather than truth (Respectability, not a gift of the Spirit) the author boldly says "We want our young family members back." Lord glorify your name in your own words. You want your glory and I want you to have it! I have put the arithmetic with your word, to your glory. Ehrman is a modern Balaam cursing the people of the Lord, and the Lord himself for pay and that makes me the talking donkey. (Numbers 22). Chris Queen. I am taking the fight to the foundation where their argument cannot survive the illumination. Please read and review my book here and on Amazon where the book appears with Ehrman's books. Objective evidence that will stand in a court of law.

NOW I HAVE BEEN SUBJECTED TO TWO DAYS OF ABUSE. SUGGEST YOU HAVE A RESPONSIBILITY TO READ AND REVIEW OR GET SOMEONE YOU TRUST TO READ AND REVIEW MY BOOK TO CORRECT ROD'S ABUSE. ChrisQueen.

reply | edit | delete | flag *


message 36: by Chris (new)

Chris Queen | 75 comments Book Title: Misquoting Logic What Bart Ehrman Forgot To Tell You About The Coming Apocalypse And Your Place In It by Chris Queen.

Abuse is not Christians Discussion.


message 37: by Chris (new)

Chris Queen | 75 comments Rod wrote: "Nobody gets the FULL Spirit of truth. Of course, if you read some commentaries you might know that."

Won't be reading any commentaries.


message 38: by Rod (new)

Rod Horncastle Why can you not handle some basic skepticism? Wait till you get out in the real world.


message 39: by Chris (new)

Chris Hunnicutt | 13 comments I’m not taking any sides here but I feel that Rod has been a tad tough in his skepticism. I feel the dialogue could have been better. However, I would be very skeptical myself if someone wants us to read his writings but not willing to read the writings of others. I believe those writers before us could be filled with the spirit as well. Commentaries are to compliment scripture, not rewrite it. If it does contradict plain scripture, I believe we have the spirit of discernment there. Anyway let’s have a heart of Christian love in truth. God bless.


message 40: by Chris (new)

Chris Queen | 75 comments Rod wrote: "Why can you not handle some basic skepticism? Wait till you get out in the real world."

Not a matter of skepticism, you are an abuser resisting one who makes assault on one of the most successful false teachers ever in the history of the world. You as divider are the primary problem with fractured and impotent church we see in the west in our day.


message 41: by Chris (new)

Chris Queen | 75 comments Chris wrote: "I’m not taking any sides here but I feel that Rod has been a tad tough in his skepticism. I feel the dialogue could have been better. However, I would be very skeptical myself if someone wants us t..."

I am uninterested in what preachers have to say about the Bible in commentary to other preachers in books expaining simple English Translated from simple Greek. My son is an Ehrman disciple and millions are being led astray while commentaries proliferate. we are called to share the gospel "Jesus died, paid for sin, rose again was taken up in glory" not arguing about doctrine everywhere we go, including an app that is supposed to be about books and promoting them. I could care less about your perception and I will not read any commentaries.


message 42: by Chris (new)

Chris Queen | 75 comments Chris wrote: "I’m not taking any sides here but I feel that Rod has been a tad tough in his skepticism. I feel the dialogue could have been better. However, I would be very skeptical myself if someone wants us t..."

The Spirit is right here, right now. Don't need to read what they thought.


message 43: by Chris (new)

Chris Queen | 75 comments I did not write the commentary here "I'm not taking sides ... ."


message 44: by Rod (new)

Rod Horncastle You're kinda weird buddy. You might want to look into that.

Your book might be fine. But you're boasting and making claims that maybe you shouldn't.

Let me get this straight: so it's okay for you to write an entire book attacking and probably mocking Bart Ehman's life work and published scholarship...
But I'm supposed to blindly applaud your unschooled efforts or you'll cry like a baby???

This stuff is new to you isn't it? You claim no need for historical Christian thought - yet you insist we blindly accept your anointed boasting?
I'm no fan of ehrman - but you're going about this all wrong.


message 45: by Chris (new)

Chris Queen | 75 comments ROD YOU ARE ONE OF THE BIGGEST JERKS I"VE YET MET IN THE APOSTATE CHURCH CREATED BY YOU SEMINARY JERKS. LOVE MY ASS ROD.


message 46: by Chris (new)

Chris Queen | 75 comments TO GOODREAD SHUT THIS ABUSER UP NOW!


message 47: by Rod (new)

Rod Horncastle Wow Chris. That slightest bit of criticism has you flopping like a fish on a sushi skillet. (Is there such a thing?)

How did you possibly imagine you could take on 20,000,000 Bart Ehrman fanatics and their university institutions???

Maybe you should have read those commentaries. You're a charismatic mess buddy. But don't worry- even if you toss your book in the garbage: we'll still have God's Word through Holy Scripture. All is well.


message 48: by Rod (new)

Rod Horncastle Ummmh, apparently my discernment amongst charismatics has once again proven itself 100% correct in its skepticism.

I'm glad you showed your true vulgar "rather crude" insecure heart here amongst Christian Saints. We forgive you and understand that your charismatic fleshly nature is Weak.
Better here than in front of a few thousand rowdy obnoxious Crude and Vulgar Atheists or Muslims or Pagans... you might have embarrassed Christianity for years to come. Whew!!! Close one.


message 49: by Rod (new)

Rod Horncastle Just so people are clear about Chris and why i'm poking at him:

"God boasts himself of the things I have written under the leading of the Holy Spirit." Chris Queen.

Strange, God and I were chatting and he never mentioned you Chris, or your book.


message 50: by Rod (new)

Rod Horncastle Chris, if you don't get your Doctrine straight and truthful --- you may be promoting the wrong Jesus. Even though you claim:

"I am uninterested in what preachers have to say about the Bible in commentary to other preachers in books expaining simple English Translated from simple Greek... not arguing about doctrine everywhere we go"

In this day and age - we simply must discuss and argue over doctrine. The church no longer knows what it believes. Some even think Jesus is just a NICE idea. Charismatics think Jesus came to give them magic powers.
False prophets and teachers get really upset when their views are questioned. Which makes me wonder about you Chris. You should be happy I am here to discuss these things with you. Or do you assume you have nothing to learn anymore?

Do notice - that nobody else is talking to you. Hmmm?


« previous 1
back to top