Beta Reader Group discussion

Betas Offering FREE Services > Free Beta read - most genres, particularly historical fiction and mystery

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Jellie | 3 comments Hello!

I'm a good reader and I really enjoy reviewing and editing. English is my first language, but I speak French too (can't offer Beta for French Language Novels).

Send me your first chapter and I'll let you know if I'm in!

I'm happy to read most things, but my favourite genres are

Historical Fiction
Mystery
Crime
Romance
Politics
Chick Lit

Sorry, I won't read Sci-Fi or Horror (thrillers are okay, but not preferable)

If you're interested please email me at becky.anne@hotmail.com

message 2: by Darien (new)

Darien Welch | 11 comments Hi Rebecca,

I sent you an email.

Thanks so much!

Darien

message 3: by Chris (new)

Chris Haigh | 24 comments Hi Rebecca,
I've sent an email.
Chris

message 4: by William (new)

William Walters | 111 comments Newcastle is a 182030-word historical fiction/Family Saga about the Richards family led by the tyrannical Wilbur and his manipulative wife Aggatha. The novel follows the family from the period just after the Revolutionary War to the opening days of the Civil War. It is based on the massive plantation NewCastle in South Carolina. You can reach me at randelldenney@aol.com if you are interested in editing critique or Beta reads.

message 5: by Jenni (new)

Jenni Lynn | 63 comments Hi Rebecca, I have an 83,000 word romantic suspense. This is the blurb:
When Kennedy Rivers buys a used textbook the last thing she expects to find is a mysterious letter inside. Locating its author becomes her sole focus and leads her down a path filled with both unimaginable danger and unexpected romance.

While posing as a student to search for his missing sister, Silas Brennen finds his perfect match in Kennedy. But the timing couldn’t be worse and keeping this headstrong woman out of harm’s way proves more difficult for him with each clue they uncover.

With the lies piling up and outside forces tearing the two apart will they ever discover the truth? Or will they only find themselves saying goodbye?.

Let me know if you are interested. Thanks!!!

Jenni

message 6: by Tony (new)

Tony Manera (tonymanera) | 10 comments Hi Rebecca,
I`d be most grateful for a beta read of my 105K crime novel. If you are interested please let me know. Thank you.
Tony Manera
tony_manera@hotmail.com
The novel`s title is THE RISE AND FALL OF DON PASQUALE. A brief description is given below:
Don Pasquale and his Sicilian Mafia cronies are set to profit from the construction of a bridge across the Strait of Messina. Only a few obstacles remain before this centuries old dream is realized.
A rival Mafia boss objects to Don Pasquale`s intrusion on his Messina territory. An obscure bureaucrat holds up the funding in Brussels. And a persistent Taormina police inspector wants to put him behind bars. Undeterred, he forges ahead, driven by hubris and insatiable greed.
New complications arise when a man with amnesia shows up and Don Pasquale suspects that he poses a threat to him. The man`s wife becomes the target of an extortion attempt, while one of Don Pasquale`s closest advisers betrays him. All this happens during a period of political instability. The Italian government falls and Don Pasquale unexpectedly becomes a candidate for the position of prime minister.
With his bridge project about to get the green light, and the real prospect of becoming prime minister, the stakes could not be higher. Will Don Pasquale succeed where so many others have failed? Or will the wily police inspector bring him to justice? And will the man with amnesia get his memory back?
The novel is set in the famous Sicilian resort town of Taormina, with some scenes taking place in Palermo, Rome, London and Toronto. Real historical events, as well as Italy`s rich cultural heritage, natural scenic beauty and volatile political environment are integral elements of the story.