Around the World in 80 Books discussion

Random Travel Challenge > Jay-me Random Travel 2018

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jay-me (Janet) (last edited Oct 12, 2017 04:34AM) (new)

Jay-me (Janet)  | 14 comments ~~~~~

My Five Countries

England

Benin

Uganda

Monaco

Angola

I can find plenty for England (I'm doing a read every county of the UK challnge at the moment, so if I continue to fill in the gaps in Scotland, Wales & Ireland over the next few months and finish my final counties of England next year then that will tick off two boxes at once)

I'm not sure of finding a good variety of books with three African countries though :( but plenty of time to look for something.

Incidentally - on my UK challenge I have also included the Channel Islands (to make the number of books in the challenge 100) Has anyone any suggestions for books set on Alderney, Herm and Sark please? There are several books set in the Channel Islands but although they may briefly mention the other islands seem to be mainly set on Jersey and Guernsey.
I remember years ago reading a book about the family who set up the hotel on Herm but haven't been able to locate that one. I'm not keen on horror, poetry or biographies so would prefer not to read those.
The majority of my reading is on Kindle - I don't use the local library, as I got out of the habit of going a few years before getting my first kindle due to the fact that I wasn't finding many books that I wanted to read and the opening hours were not convenient.

message 2: by Jay-me (Janet) (last edited May 03, 2018 11:58PM) (new)

Jay-me (Janet)  | 14 comments Possible books

England

Fires of London Fires of London (Francis Bacon, #1) by Janice Law I have ticked London/Middlesex on my UK challenge but may still read this one anyway as it is the first in a series with the second book set in Monaco

Counties not yet completed - but I do have books in hand for some of them. My book for this challenge could be any of these.
Berkshire
Buckinghamshire
Cheshire
Dorset
Herefordshire
Huntingdonshire
Lancashire
Northamptonshire
Staffordshire
Worcestershire

message 3: by Jay-me (Janet) (last edited Oct 12, 2017 04:38AM) (new)

Benin

Thread of Gold Beads Thread of Gold Beads by Nike Campbell-Fatoki

message 4: by Jay-me (Janet) (last edited Oct 12, 2017 04:37AM) (new)

Uganda

My Driver My Driver by Maggie Gee

Angola

message 6: by Jay-me (Janet) (last edited Oct 12, 2017 06:04AM) (new)

Monaco

The Prisoner of the Riviera The Prisoner of the Riviera (Francis Bacon, #2) by Janice Law