What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Young girl kidnapped & held hostage by a crazy man....

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mina (new)

Mina (eminalika) | 24 comments Read a book in the fifth grade or so about a young girl who was kidnapped by a man who was not right in the head and mistaken her for another girl. I don’t remember much else besides that he held her hostage in some cabin far away from anyone and i believe she even played along that she was the girl who he thought he kidnapped just so maybe he would free her. That’s about it, hopefully some can find this book. Thanks!!!

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38146 comments Mod
Did you mean to put this in Solved? I'm going to assume no and move it to Unsolved.

What year were you in fifth grade or so?

message 3: by Mina (new)

Mina (eminalika) | 24 comments Thank you for correcting it! My mistake, I didn’t notice that I posted it under the Solve. Around 2000 was when I was in the 5th grade....

message 4: by bookel (last edited Oct 12, 2017 02:36PM) (new)

bookel | 2106 comments Any from this list? http://www.librarything.com/list/1019...#
Young girl, what age?
Do you recall anything of the book cover?

message 5: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4967 comments A few more to checkout:

Missing by James Duffy
The Kidnapping of Suzie Q. The Kidnapping of Suzie Q. by Martin Waddell

Time period/location story takes place?

message 6: by Mina (new)

Mina (eminalika) | 24 comments "The Night She Disappeared
Girl, Stolen
If it's Girl Stolen there is a sequel
Count All Her Bones
The Girl Who Was Supposed to Die"

I don't believe it was any of these....

"Missing
The Kidnapping of Suzie Q"

I also don't believe it was any of these either....

From what I remember there was only 1 person who kidnapped the girl and mistaken her for someone else, the story was told from her side I believe.

I will check out that list Bookel listed, but I don't remember the age or the book cover :(

message 7: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Mina, in the thread https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/... There suggests a book that I think was actually meant for your thread. The Cellar was the book.

message 8: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16838 comments Still looking, Mina?

message 9: by Jesse (new)

message 10: by Mina (new)

Mina (eminalika) | 24 comments I’m still looking! I don’t think it’s deadly stranger but I need to check it out to see

message 13: by Mina (new)

Mina (eminalika) | 24 comments I just got my hands on deadly stranger, then boom description seemed like the closest to what I remember, will update soon