Just One More Page! discussion

Sci-Fi/Distopian > The Hunger Games Trilogy

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by sally (new)

sally  (carswellthornegf) *ahem*

GALE, YOU INCONSIDERATE, EVIL, PATHETIC PEICE OF BEEF JERKY, I REALLY DON'T LIKE YOU

Wow that felt good

message 2: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra | 10 comments I wanted to rewrite your message and add something, but when I got to "Gale, you inconsiderate, evi..." I realized I couldn't.
He is so difficult, contradictory, but I can't resist, I'm fond of him still (🙊). Nevertheless I'm glad things ended up the way they did between the three.

message 3: by sally (new)

sally  (carswellthornegf) Alexandra wrote: ...I'm fond of him still (🙊).

Hahaha, opinions! I'm glad how things turned out as well. :D

message 4: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 7 comments One thing the Hunger Games trilogy did really well was explore PTSD. All the Tributes suffered from it in some form, and Gale, as a soldier, was affected, too.

Have you read the short story "The Lottery" by Shirley Jackson? I found some interesting parallels between the two, and posted this a while back: http://counteractbook.com/that-could-...

message 5: by sally (new)

sally  (carswellthornegf) I have read The Lottery. *shivers* It was so well-written and very creepy/startling. I can totally see some similarities! That's very smart of you.

message 6: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 7 comments Thanks! Have you ever seen the short film of The Lottery? We watched it in elementary school, and when I found it on YouTube and watched it, I couldn’t believe how much of it was familiar. Those images were seared on my brain.

message 7: by sally (new)

sally  (carswellthornegf) Tracy wrote: "Thanks! Have you ever seen the short film of The Lottery? We watched it in elementary school, and when I found it on YouTube and watched it, I couldn’t believe how much of it was familiar. Those im..."

I have! I remember parts of it from fourth grade, and now that I think about it, you are totally right. Of course, I hadn't read THG at that time 🤣

message 8: by sally (new)

sally  (carswellthornegf) The Hunger Games w/ accurate book titles

“EVERYONE DESERVES TO DIE IN A HOLE”

“Finnick Odair: ‘Would You Like a Sugar Cube?’”

“GALE BROODS.”

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay I totally agree with your Gale thing. Ugh. HE’S JUST SO ANNOYING AND I’M JUST OVER HERE LIKE #EVERLARK4THEWIN!!!! I kind of have conflicting feelings about him though. I don’t like him but I’m kind of annoyed that he never even tries to talk to Katniss again, that doesn’t seem like him. Anyways was anyone else really depressed when Finnick and/or Prim died? Also who cried more when Katniss yelled it at Buttercup than when Prim actually died? I definitely did. AAAAAHHH THE TEARS... *sobs uncontrollably*