What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA, mystery, lost romance, twist, dead brother, island (or isolated place). Spoiler ahead.

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elisa (new)

Elisa Orrico | 2 comments Hi everyone!
Literally going crazy with this book, I can only remember bits and pieces no matter how hard I try. I've searched the forum extensively before posting this, I really hope I didn't overlook anything.

This is what I remember, but everything is vague in my mind. It was a teenage girl POV, she had possibly moved with her family to an island or some sort of isolated place, I'm positive there was a beach or at least a lake or something near her house. I remember scenes about the moonlight and the sea.

Something traumatic happened in her past that has caused her to block out the event or events. There's something wrong with her family and she's depressed about something that happened to her brother (maybe he was her twin?). I think he died in some violent way and she doesn't remember about it, she still sees him and she thinks he's alive.

She meets a boy and falls in love with him but there's a twist at the end: he was her boyfriend all along she simply didn't remember about it cause of her brother's death. Maybe it was somehow her fault.

The atmosphere was very eerie and had a paranormal feeling to it.

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 5006 comments How many years ago did you read this?
Anything about the cover?
Part of a series?

message 3: by Kris (last edited Oct 13, 2017 07:28AM) (new)

Kris | 35167 comments Mod
Added a spoiler alert to the topic header. Removed "amnesia" from the header. Added "(or isolated place)" after "island".

message 4: by Rowan (last edited Oct 13, 2017 09:17AM) (new)

Rowan | 85 comments The Island by Sarah Singleton?

message 5: by Elisa (new)

Elisa Orrico | 2 comments No, it's not The Island.
I think it's pretty recent book, like 2012-2015.
I believe it is part of a trilogy, I don't remember the cover.

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39296 comments Mod
Elisa, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Island (other topics)