Support for Indie Authors discussion

Archived Author Help > Flagging spoilers!

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lee (new)

Lee Sherred (leesherredauthor) | 13 comments I'm relatively new to Goodreads so still working it out. I searched but couldn't find the answer anywhere else. If someone has left your book a very detailed review, listing the vast majority of surprises, shocks and plot twist in great detail...is there any way of getting it flagged as containing spoilers on here? All I can see is a button to report it as inappropriate... which I don't consider it to be. I'm not entirely sure if I understand the thought process or benefit behind doing that? Surely they know that all they're doing is spoiling it for others?

Thanks

Lee

message 2: by Martin (new)

Martin Wilsey | 447 comments Good question.

message 3: by Angela (new)

Angela Bennett | 6 comments Martin wrote: "Good question."

I second that. And thanks, Lee, for addressing this.

message 4: by G.G. (last edited Oct 11, 2017 04:44PM) (new)

G.G. (ggatcheson) | 2491 comments If you go to that review and flag it, you have four options to chose from. Last one is ‘This review contains spoilers’.

message 5: by Angela (new)

Angela Bennett | 6 comments Thanks G.G! And again, Lee, for addressing the question.

message 6: by Lee (new)

Lee Sherred (leesherredauthor) | 13 comments Thanks GG, all it came up with for me was an option to report it as inappropriate? I'll re visit it.

Thanks guys 🖒

message 7: by Lee (new)

Lee Sherred (leesherredauthor) | 13 comments Angela wrote: "Martin wrote: "Good question."

I second that. And thanks, Lee, for addressing this."

Martin, Angela, if you tick the 'flag' box in the bottom right corner of the review (not available on the phone app, which is why I couldn't see it at first) it initially comes up as 'flag review as inappropriate,' or words to that effect. If you click on that you then have four other tickbox options. One of which is 'contains spoilers.' Just tick it and provide a brief explanation and it disappears off, into the ether, for consideration.
Hope this helps.

Thanks GG.

Lee

message 8: by Rori (new)

Rori (roriiv) | 13 comments You can mark some parts of your text as spoilers using formatting, like this:

< spoiler > TEXT HERE < /spoiler >

(In order for it to work there should be no spaces after < and before > but I had to leave it so the text would show.

(view spoiler)

message 9: by Lee (new)

Lee Sherred (leesherredauthor) | 13 comments Rori wrote: "You can mark some parts of your text as spoilers using formatting, like this:

TEXT HERE

(In order for it to work there should be no spaces after but I had to leave it so the text would show.
..."

Ah, ok. Thanks Rori...It's like black magic!! ha ha

message 10: by Rori (new)

Rori (roriiv) | 13 comments Lee wrote: "It's like black magic!! ha ha "

Yes it is. When I used to do all the formatting by hand when I was a kid, I'd imagine I'm a badass programmer. xd It was fun.