The Gothic Novel Book Club <Hiatus> discussion

Apologies

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Trinity (new)

Trinity | 803 comments Mod
Sorry for my abrubt absence lately. I have been writing like a mad woman and haven't had much time for reading or updates, but when the muse hits, you can't fight it.

message 2: by Shainlock (new)

Shainlock (shainlockholmes) | 686 comments Mod
Glad the muse has visited.

message 3: by Skye (new)

Skye | 364 comments Write, dear Trinity, write!

message 4: by Trinity (new)

Okay, so here's the deal. I got an invitation to write fanfiction for a site called Archive of Our Own. It is a place for writers to garner a following. It is all fanfiction though, no current WIP's. But if any of you are Dragon Age fans, I have two stories I am working on for the site.

https://archiveofourown.org/users/Vid...

If you want to stop by and just give me Kudos, that's cool too. No pressure, but I figured I would share why I have been so absent from the group.

message 5: by Skye (new)

Skye | 364 comments Thanks, Trinity!

message 6: by Skye (new)

Skye | 364 comments Are You Vidals Queen?

message 7: by Shainlock (new)

Looks like that's her. Oh I DO love mages. I love playing mages too.

message 8: by Trinity (new)

Yep, that's me.

message 9: by Skye (new)

Skye | 364 comments :)

message 10: by Trinity (new)

Alright, my friends. I am so sorry this group has not been a priority for me. I am so sorry, My life has literally spiraled out of control over here, I have not been able to read, or keep up with much. It is heartbreaking. I feel like I am letting all of you down. I don't think I can mod until I get life figured out. I am glad some of the discussions are still going. I have been checking back but not interacting. I have lost my job and been on the hunt for another. I lost my dog... And the world isn't letting up. I just keep getting hit after hit, I don't want any sympathy, just want to let you know I am not avoiding this group for no reason. I want to say life happens, but to abandon this group wasn't fair to any of you. I hope to be back soon, but if anyone wants to pick up my slack while I am gone I won't be offended,

Just know I have much love for this group and I am sorry for letting it fall by the wayside.

message 11: by Skye (new)

Skye | 364 comments Trinity, I am so sorry to hear this; and yes, life does happen, doesn't it? PM me if you need to talk. I lost my dog three years ago, and it simply broke my heart, and believe it or not, a kind friend I met on GR's was a most spectacular source of comfort.
I love you, too, and I am forever searching for Shaina; she seems to be able to find me, but I don't know where she is.

Skye!

message 12: by Shainlock (new)

You bet I do Skye. ;)

I have communicated with her in my own way and I wish her healing and the best of New beginnings during this time. I’m trying to be positive.

You guys still have me. I have some thinking to do.

She needs time which we will, of course, give her. We all have problems, so we all get it. We’ll be here waiting for her.
And yeah, we all love her. Those of us that know her even a little.

message 13: by Skye (new)

Skye | 364 comments Shaina, I agree with you! How very kind you are, too.

message 14: by Shainlock (new)

I think the same of you, Skye. I’m glad you came along.

message 15: by Skye (new)

Skye | 364 comments I feel the same, and I am very happy we have met.

message 16: by Trinity (new)

Thanks, Skye and Shaina! I did pick up a book today. I tried to read, but didn't get very far. Baby steps. Progress is progress. You are both so sweet. Keep sending good vibes my way. I'm slowly picking myself up over here.

message 17: by Skye (new)

Skye | 364 comments You have my good vibes!!!!!

message 18: by Shainlock (new)

Yes and mine. I woke up this morning, you’re gonna laugh but it’s okay, heh; so I woke up and said “ Today, I am not human. No. Today I am gonna be a blindingly awesome unicorn. “
I laugh at myself all the time. It helps.

message 19: by Skye (new)

Skye | 364 comments What a wonderful way to look at things. Sometimes, it does help.

message 20: by Trinity (new)

Ha! Maybe I need to do the same. It's coming in waves now, instead of a constant thing. That is better. A positive outlook to start the day. But maybe I will tell myself I am Aloy (fave vg character).

message 21: by Skye (new)

Skye | 364 comments Sometimes it helps, Trinity. The Self-Fulfilling Prophecy is at work, here. You become your thoughts. BTW, I am having a hard time concentrating on my reading, so things happen like that.

message 22: by Shainlock (new)

Yes! Something you love.

message 23: by Skye (new)

Skye | 364 comments Yes, yes.