The Ship of the Dead (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard, #3) The Ship of the Dead discussion

Favourite Relationship: who to choose?!

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Alexandra So many couples, so little time to read about them. So let's break it down:

- Magnus + Alex
- Sam + Amir
- Blitzen +Hearthstone (I think it’s safe to assume they’re a couple right? Or does anyone think they’re just really good friends)

My favourite couple is definitely Sam and Amir. I love their entire relationship and wish we got to see more of them together. They are so constant, loyal, and trusting of each other; my favourite part of the second book is actually when Sam introduces Amir to her “other” world, and Magnus had to heal him. Amir is literal proof that we will do anything for the ones we love, including let them go on harrowing adventures with gods of a different religion. I’ve always thought that Sam was a bada** and her relationship with Amir just gives me so much happiness

Side note: I’ve been assuming since the second book that Blitzen and Hearthstone are a couple, but this is totally an assumption. Does anyone else think this? Riordan was really open about the Nico/Will relationship in the Apollo series, so I’m still wondering if Blitzen and Hearth are a couple because why wouldn’t he have written about it? But they definitely seem like more than friends to me….

message 2: by julia (new) - added it

julia Honestly, I never saw Hearth and Blitz as a couple. I loved them and thought they were super cute, but I was glad they stayed friends. We don't have enough killer friendships in rick's series - they're either just eh friends or relationships imo.

Alexandra Booksbooksbooks wrote: "Honestly, I never saw Hearth and Blitz as a couple. I loved them and thought they were super cute, but I was glad they stayed friends. We don't have enough killer friendships in rick's series - the..."

Fair enough! And maybe that's why I got the "couple" vibe from them...because you're right that we don't have a lot solid friendships anymore in Riordan's series, so I feel like readers are starting to look for romantic relationships more commonly then looking for strong friendships. :)

Nixonmat My favorite relationship is Jack and Riptide, it hasn't happened yet but it has to.

Alexandra Nixonmat000 wrote: "My favorite relationship is Jack and Riptide, it hasn't happened yet but it has to."

hahaha definitely. I love that they briefly got a chance to meet...and that we found out that Riptide is female! Who knew?! lol

Rutomylovely fierrochase and bliztstone

Rutomylovely Nixonmat wrote: "My favorite relationship is Jack and Riptide, it hasn't happened yet but it has to."

i dont really agree with that because riptide didnt really seem to care

littlebug_booklover Blitzstone and Fierrochase all the way