Play Book Tag discussion

The Little Paris Bookshop
This topic is about The Little Paris Bookshop
Archive: Other Books > The Little Paris Bookshop - Nina George - 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kelly | 802 comments In The Little Paris Bookshop, Jean owns a boat that has been turned into a bookstore. He is excellent on judging what type of books will make his customers feel better and solve their problems. However, he is not good at doing this for himself. He has not moved on from when a women he loved left him 21 years earlier. He also had not looked at a letter she sent him afterwards; this note was recently rediscovered and Jean finally reads it. Afterwards he is suddenly motivated to find closure regarding this past relationship and takes off in the boat to do this. A young author, Max, comes with him and a few other unique characters join them along the way.

What I enjoyed most about The Little Paris Bookstore was how the author, Nina Rogers, relayed people's feelings. Rogers beautifully describes guilt, loneliness and loss. She understands some characters' time needed to move on; and we see their transitions and how they develops bonds. And I especially liked the importance of books and that references to them were included throughout the story.

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 5801 comments I loved the idea of the "literary apothecary" but was disappointed in the book. I gave it 3 stars, and it WAS a great discussion book for my F2F book group.

Ellen | 2136 comments I wanted to love this book but I really didn't like it. Too philosophical for me.

Diane Zwang | 485 comments Book Concierge wrote: "I loved the idea of the "literary apothecary" but was disappointed in the book. I gave it 3 stars, and it WAS a great discussion book for my F2F book group."

We had the same opinion at our bookclub.