UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

Kindle Tips/Tricks discussions > New waterproof kindle!

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments I knicked the link off your Facebook page, Will.
Thanks!

https://www.theguardian.com/technolog...

Anyone gonna buy one?

message 2: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 75 comments I notice Amazon say it’s waterproof not water resistant like the guardian. Is there a difference? I’m guessing Amazon are correct 😃. Great for holidaying if it can get wet in the pool although at the cost I’d be more precious about it.
Also glad to see you can get your Audible books on it too although I’m happy with my iPhone in my back pocket for audible books.
I’m currently still using the kindle paper white previous generation. Maybe when that starts faltering I will take a look at this. I still love the paper white which is a great price.

message 3: by Tim (new)

Tim | 9478 comments I'll stick with my phone, thanks, which is also waterproof, has a high resolution screen, a Kindle app, plays audible & bluetooth part to my car's audio.

I'll keep my 2nd gen paperwhite for reading in the bath (cos it's much cheaper than my iPhone or iPad!) . . .

Michael Cargill Cargill (michaelcargill) | 2998 comments I only read laminated Chinese restaurant menus, so this isn't a feature that would interest me very much.

T4bsF (Call me Flo) (time4bedsaidflorence) Michael Cargill wrote: "I only read laminated Chinese restaurant menus, so this isn't a feature that would interest me very much."

Don't you ever get fed up of the endless round of numbers and noodles Michael??

message 6: by Darren (last edited Oct 29, 2017 01:33AM) (new)

Darren Humphries (darrenhf) | 6980 comments Both 'waterproof' and 'water resistant' come with caveats. If you read the small print in this case for UP TO 60 minutes in FRESH water that is no deeper that 2 METRES.

Notice the UP TO...

Also notice that the woman who appears to be reading in the sea is, in fact, reading in one of those pools right by the sea.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments You're such a party shit.

message 8: by Tim (new)

Tim | 9478 comments Probably the salty corrosion rots the rubber, or something. Even my new phone claims to be waterproof to 1m for 30 minutes (IP67 is the standard).

message 9: by Tim (new)

Tim | 9478 comments BTW, the Oasis is rated as IPX8, where the X means it's not rated against dust ingress, and the 8 means it's been tested to 2 metres for 60 minutes (manufacturer specified)

message 10: by Tim (new)

Tim | 9478 comments Probably none of them would survive the fire hose test! (and you ain't trying it on my phone!)

message 11: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25063 comments People should just learn to look after their things - like we had to do in my day... grumble.. ;)

message 12: by Darren (new)

Darren Humphries (darrenhf) | 6980 comments Kath wrote: "People should just learn to look after their things - like we had to do in my day... grumble.. ;)"

Today is your day.

message 13: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25063 comments And I still look after my things. ;)