What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Sci-Fi YA dystopia, highly rigid caste system based on greek mythology

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by 0bvion (last edited Apr 13, 2020 01:34AM) (new)

0bvion | 3 comments I think the name of the book is the actual name of the city itself (which is believed by the inhabitants to be the last bastion of humanity). In this walled city the people faces constant external threat almost daily. They are defended by genetically superior warriors, who were trained and culled throughout their childhood. Training is brutal, and livelihood is based on points/merit system.

There are two protagonists:
One is a boy who lives at the apex of his society because of his scores and his famous father. Don't remember the father's name, but his title is Ares and is considered to be the #1 or #2 military commander of the entire city.
The other is a normal girl who was born on the outside and somehow made her way to this highly advance city when her entire tribe was killed off.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37809 comments Mod
Obvion, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 3: by 0bvion (new)

0bvion | 3 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "Obvion, are you still looking for this or did you find it?"

Hi Lobstergirl,

Yes. Still looking.

message 4: by Nora (new)

Nora | 112 comments It doesn’t sound like an exact fit, but could it be Red Rising?

message 5: by 0bvion (new)

0bvion | 3 comments Nope. I read Red Rising. And I can see where you made the assumption, Ares was a name used in the story :-) Thanks though.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Red Rising (other topics)