Bibliophiles & Logophiles discussion

Introduce Yourself!

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Loeka (new)

Loeka (loekareads) | 8 comments Mod
Welcome to Bibliophiles & Logophiles!

My name is Loeka, I'm 17 years old and I live in the Netherlands! I love reading books (obviously), but I mainly read YA contemporary and I would love to start reading some other genres as well! Recommendations are always welcome. :)
I also love to go to concerts and drinking coffee. ^^

So, tell me something about yourself!

message 2: by Nika (new)

Nika (malum0816) | 1 comments Hello, thanks for the invite.
My name is Nika and I'm 15 years old (16 on October 20th). I'm from Croatia. I don't have favourite book genre and I will read anything that seems interesting to me.
Beside reading I like to draw and I train Krav Maga.
My favourite authors are Cassandra Clare, Sarah J. Maas, J.R. Ward and John Green.

message 3: by Fuzaila (new)

Fuzaila (feistyhijabi) Hey there, Thanks for the invite :)
Fuzaila here, 18, from India. I read anything fiction but YA, contemporary are the most frequent. And yet my favourite is histotical fiction. But I do read fantasies and thrillers frequently and mostly go on to rate them 5 stars lol 😂

I love to draw, I am a sucker for anything creative and artistic ❤ Though I might be the worst artist ever to love art 🙊

message 4: by Fuzaila (new)

Fuzaila (feistyhijabi) This is cool! We are all like YOUNG adults here. Well, maybe not me. But still 😁

message 5: by Loeka (new)

Loeka (loekareads) | 8 comments Mod
Hi guys!
You are both pretty creative as well, I love it!
I´m studying Leisure Management at an art academy and even though I´m not very creative myself, I love seeing the art from other students. A lot of the walls are full of posters, graffiti and other things made by students! It´s very inspiring to be surrounded by so many creative things and people. :)

message 6: by Fuzaila (new)

Fuzaila (feistyhijabi) Loeka wrote: "Hi guys!
You are both pretty creative as well, I love it!
I´m studying Leisure Management at an art academy and even though I´m not very creative myself, I love seeing the art from other students. ..."

Cool! I have never heard of Leisure Management. That sounds really interesting. You guys do have a happening life. I, meanwhile am trying to dig my way through huge engineering books here. Four years of it! lol. But still college life is pretty good :)

message 7: by Faith (new)

Faith (faithjones) | 1 comments Hi, I'm 19 and love reading. My top 5 authors are the following: John Grisham, Kresley Cole, Julie Garwood, Ted Dekker, and Francine Rivers.

message 8: by Dana (last edited Apr 17, 2018 07:32AM) (new)

Dana Busby | 2 comments Hello, I just turned 36, and I'm a mom of two and a high school English teacher. My husband and I are looking for a new to us, bigger home, and he agreed that we can have a library in the new place! Right now I'm building a wish list of all the pretty books I want to collect. So far I have my eye on Puffin in Bloom and the Jane Austen Penguin cloth bounds. I checked out Juniper Books, and found I can spend A LOT of money on books. Yikes! In this group I'm hoping to share ideas on building a home library.

I love books of all kinds: literary fiction, mystery, creative nonfiction, classics, and science fiction. I used to like horror when I was younger, but it's not really my thing anymore.

Some of my favorites are Jane Austen, Barbara Kingsolver, and Liane Moriarty. I enjoy thoughtful YA; my most recent favorite is The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas. Some things I'm getting into are the Louise Penny Three Pines series and I'm really trying to read more diversely as well as catch up on classics I've been meaning to read like Wuthering Heights.

message 9: by Dana (new)

Dana Busby | 2 comments Loeka wrote: "Welcome to Bibliophiles & Logophiles!

My name is Loeka, I'm 17 years old and I live in the Netherlands! I love reading books (obviously), but I mainly read YA contemporary and I would love to sta..."

You might like Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng. -Great YA appeal, but written for adults. It was SO good; I have been recommending it constantly!