Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Pls assign 2 books to my author profile

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by L.J. (new)

L.J. Clarkson (ljclarkson) | 6 comments Hello Librarians! Can you please assign these 2 titles to my LJ Clarkson profile here https://www.goodreads.com/author/show...

title 1 B075SX9QLQ
title 2 B075Q3T3QR

Also can you please change my initials to LJ not L.J. so future books connect to my author page? It said I needed a librarian for this.

Thanks so much!

Regards

Louisa

message 2: by Emy (new)

Emy (emypt) | 5029 comments Moving the books to L.J. Clarkson now.

Please note that it is Goodreads policy to form author names WITH the dots.

message 3: by L.J. (new)

L.J. Clarkson (ljclarkson) | 6 comments How do I connect future books then? Do I have to bug you guys every time?

message 4: by [deleted user] (last edited Oct 11, 2017 04:45AM) (new)

When you enter make sure you put the periods after your initials, just like on your profile and the book will be there, on your profile. If one auto-feeds in wrong or you have a typo when you enter, you will need to make a thread in this group and ask us to fix it.

from the manual regarding names: https://www.goodreads.com/help/show/2... All authors are required to have periods in the GRs database even if it's against their preference and against how it appears on the cover.

message 5: by Emy (new)

Emy (emypt) | 5029 comments Sorted series now too. Can you confirm where The Silver Sleigh fits within the series?

message 6: by L.J. (new)

L.J. Clarkson (ljclarkson) | 6 comments It's a special Christmas edition so book 2

message 7: by L.J. (new)

L.J. Clarkson (ljclarkson) | 6 comments Corinne wrote: "When you enter make sure you put the periods after your initials, just like on your profile and the book will be there, on your profile. If one auto-feeds in wrong or you have a typo when you enter..."

I publish them on Amazon as LJ Clarkson, and the books magically appear on Goodreads, so I can't enter my initials in with periods. Not sure how to get around this....

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

"If one auto-feeds in wrong or you have a typo when you enter, you will need to make a thread in this group and ask us to fix it." Only way I'm sorry.

message 9: by Krazykiwi (new)

Krazykiwi | 1767 comments Add the books yourself as soon as you have the asin and the bots won't import them again.