What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

After a Fashion (A Class of Their Own, #1)
This topic is about After a Fashion
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Funny Historical Romance 1800s US about rich guy who hires dress shop girl to be his date. [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Brenda | 4 comments This is a clean book set in 1800s America. Within the first chapter or two there is a scene where the rich male hero is surprised by a women he was considering marrying who has shown up at his house with her mother (while he was away) and settled in. She expects their engagement to be eminent and wants to stake a claim on him. A dress shop girl comes to give the "not yet fiance" a bill for the dresses she has ordered and not paid for. At the same time the man arrives home and is kicking the "not yet fiance" out of his house. He sees the "fiance" to be an awful person in the process and decides to distance himself from her. He ends up hiring the dress shop girl to be his date for some business events he needs to attend.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39296 comments Mod
When did you read it? Series or standalone? Author female or male? Remember the cover? Christian fiction? LDS fiction?

message 3: by Kris (last edited Oct 13, 2017 07:49AM) (new)

Kris | 35148 comments Mod
Brenda, is this a historical western romance or is it set in a large eastern US city?

How did the hero become rich?

Brenda | 4 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "When did you read it? Series or standalone? Author female or male? Remember the cover? Christian fiction? LDS fiction?"

Hello there -- Thanks for your interest. I read it within the past 5 years and the book is probably not older than 15 years. Could be Christian fiction. I think it was stand alone. Female author. And no I don't remember the cover.

Brenda | 4 comments Kris wrote: "Brenda, is this a historical western romance or is it set in a large eastern US city?

How did the hero become rich?"

It was a smaller us town, but maybe not all the way west. He was rich from family money and/or his own business success...if I remember correctly. Thanks for your interest.

message 6: by Ayshe (new)

Brenda | 4 comments Ayshe wrote: "After a Fashion by Jen Turano maybe?"

Yes -- that's it! Thanks so much.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

After a Fashion (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Jen Turano (other topics)