Just One More Page! discussion

Let's Join! > Introduce Yourself!

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by sally (last edited Aug 26, 2018 04:18AM) (new)

sally (carswellthornegf) Hey, everyone! I'm Sally, and I'm an avid reader with a love for The Lunar Chronicles, Red Queen, Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda, and any other YA novel you throw at me. I love book recommendations, so feel free to send some my way! :D

message 2: by Bailey (new)

Bailey Eilers I'm Bailey. I just joined Goodreads a few months ago. I love fantasy/dystopian YA series

message 3: by sally (new)

sally (carswellthornegf) Hi! Welcome to Goodreads and this group. We love your input and I'm so glad you've joined!

message 4: by Mari ;) (new)

Mari ;) | 1 comments Hi I’m Mariana I love YA and fantasy I joined Goodreads about a week ago :) fave series is the lunar chronicles

message 5: by Celia (new)

Celia  (celiaisreading) | 60 comments Mod
Hii, I´m Celia. I mostly read YA, my favourite series are Harry Potter, Percy Jackson and The Lunar Chronicles but I also love books like Eleanor & Park, Everything Everything, Papertowns...

message 6: by Shelby (new)

Shelby (shelbykay0616) | 3 comments Hello! My name is Shelby and I just joined Goodreads. I wish I would have joined a loooong time ago so I could remember all the books I have read since becoming a librarian. I've always loved to read, and now that I have access to so many books I thought I should share my opinion about them with others as I go along! I know I'm not a young adult anymore...but I just never grew out of YA books. I prefer them over adult fiction any day!

message 7: by sally (new)

sally (carswellthornegf) Yay! Thanks for joining, everyone! :)

message 8: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 7 comments Hi! I'm Tracy and I love to read--and write--YA fiction, particularly dystopia and thrillers.

I have a four-book dystopian series that just wrapped up this summer. You may not have heard of the Resistance Series yet, because honestly, it's hard to get the word out about indie YA books.

I've started a project, and I hope you'll be able to help.

Do you have a favorite book or series by an indie or up-and-coming author? Show them a little extra love before the holidays. Reply and let me know about YA books you've read and enjoyed that others might not have heard of. I'll share the list to my email subscribers, on my blog, and here before Black Friday.

I look forward to getting to know you all!

Tracy

http://counteractbook.com

message 9: by sally (new)

sally (carswellthornegf) Hi, Tracy! Welcome to Just One More Page!

This sounds so exciting, I would LOVE to get on this little project! I bet we can all help out. Thank you for bringing us this awesome idea! And oooh, another YA book series... :D Thank you!

message 10: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 7 comments Hey Shortcake! I’m so glad you want to help get the word out about books you love that could use some exposure. One I’ve put on the list is Missing Pieces by Meredith Tate. It’s a dystopian stand-alone.

Tracy

message 11: by sally (new)

sally (carswellthornegf) I personally don't know very many- or any :(- indie/aspiring authors. If you have some you'd like us/me to add to the list, I would be more than happy! Thanks!

message 12: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 7 comments I'm friends--personally or virtually--with lots of indie authors, and I'd be happy to make some recommendations.

For today, if you like time travel, Amalie Jahn's Clay Lion series is very well done: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi everyone. I’m Ariadne (quite obviously from my profile). I’m currently a tween who LOVE LOVE LOVES YA books and some tween’s and children’s. My favourites are The Lunar Chronicles (or anything by Marissa Meyer, she’s amazing), Harry Potter, and Shatter Me. Shatter Me isn’t common, but it’s amazing! Please give it a try! It’s about a girl (Juliette) who’s 17 (I think) and has been locked up in an asylum. She has a ‘power’ that she was supposedly born with. The book starts with her in the asylum and they announce she will be getting a cellmate. That cellmate turns out to be Adam. I bet it doesn’t sound too interesting the way I’ve described it but it’s great! It’s a young adult dystopian series with three books and another three book arc coming soon. That’s all I’ll say to avoid spoilers!

message 14: by sally (new)

sally (carswellthornegf) OMG HI! Welcome!!! So glad you joined, and I have a feeling we're gonna be virtual reading buddies :)))

message 15: by Grace (new)

Grace Bailey Hey y'all! I'm GRB. I'm new. Obviously. I love the way y'all have organized things. Like: fantasy then a list of books to talk about. Other groups seem to be all over the place.
I'm super pumped to start discussing my favs with my new fam!

message 16: by sally (new)

sally (carswellthornegf) Hi, Lula & GRB! Thanks for joining!

(and aww, thanks, I try to organize it in a semi-functional way xD)

message 17: by sally (new)

sally (carswellthornegf) Hi there, Linda! Thank you for joining our group :) Enjoy all of the nerdiness!

message 18: by Aspen (new)

Aspen (kenpo_girl) | 1 comments Hiiii! I'm Aspen. I'm a part-time writer, reader, and fangirl, and I'm a full-time karate chic. I've just now starting to enjoy and use Goodreads, and I'm so glad I found it! And, for future reference... I am NOT a bookworm... I'm a bookDRAGON. I'm a member of the Scarlet Guard, I'm an Ever, and I'm an elf from Mirkwood. Byeee!

message 19: by sally (new)

sally (carswellthornegf) Hiya, Aspen! Thank you for joining this group <3 YAS BOOKDRAGON 🙌 :P

message 20: by Paula (new)

Paula (withlovepaulaa) Heyy!! I feel bad for seeing this chat here after being in this group for a lil while - sorry!!

Well, I'm Paula, a german-argentinian avid reader and fellow bookstagrammer from Belgium :) I love reading a bit in every genre, and some of my all time favorite books are Anna and the French Kiss and Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins; The Legend Series by Marie Lu, The Hunger Games Series by Suzanne Collins and also Warcross by Marie Lu.

I also have a lil blog where I write some reviews and other things on from now and then, the site is www.quietbreezesandbooks.wordpress.com if you feel like checking it out :)

happy to be here and a good day to you all

message 21: by sally (new)

sally (carswellthornegf) Hi, Paula! No worries :) I love all of those series too!! Welcome and thanks for joining <3

(Also your blog is gorgeous! I lovveeee)