Shut Up & Read discussion

Archived Pick It For Me > November Pick-It-For-Me Challenge

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Leigh | 15215 comments Mod
What's a TBR Pick-It-For-Me Challenge?

Like the name implies, those who participate in this monthly challenge will have a book selected for them by a partner. Partners will be randomly paired up. You will choose a book for your partner from their to read list (TBR), and they will choose one for you from your TBR list.

Once you have picked the book, come back to this thread and post what book you have chose for your partner. Also send a message to the person with the name of the book you have selected for them. Then when you're done with your book, come back to this thread and post your opinion so we know you have completed the challenge.

For this challenge, you need to either HAVE YOUR PROFILE SET TO PUBLIC (preferable) or make the person you're paired with your friend. I strongly advise keeping your bookshelves updated, otherwise you might end up with a recommendation for something that you've already read.

Sign up period will remain open until October 28 and you'll have until November 1 to make a selection for your partner.

Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~ (03tammy-lynn) | 1350 comments I'm always in!
Please use my pick it for me shelf thank you.
https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 5: by Elsa (new)

Elsa Carrion (ecarrion) | 372 comments I'm in
please select from my "sa-150-200‎" shelf
https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 6: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

I have added everyone.

message 7: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Erina wrote: "I'm in"

I have added you.

message 8: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 82 comments Hey! I'm in too :-) Please use my PIFM shelf to choose from. Thank you! https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 10: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

I have added everyone.

message 11: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

PAIRS ARE UP

message 12: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (last edited Oct 29, 2017 05:51AM) (new)

Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~

Here are your choices: The Witches of New York by Ami McKay Queen of Someday (Stolen Empire, #1) by Sherry D. Ficklin Another Jekyll, Another Hyde (Another, #3) by Daniel Nayeri . I hope you like one of these choices.

message 13: by Taya (new)

Taya (bibliotaya) | 134 comments is it too late to join?

message 14: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) | 291 comments Sarah for you:

The Last Necromancer (The Ministry of Curiosities, #1) by C.J. Archer Princess Academy (Princess Academy, #1) by Shannon Hale A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1) by George R.R. Martin

message 15: by Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~ (last edited Oct 29, 2017 09:52AM) (new)

Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~ (03tammy-lynn) | 1350 comments Taya wrote: "is it too late to join?"

I'll pick for you Taya.
I pick The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater , After You (Me Before You, #2) by Jojo Moyes or The Privilege of Youth A Teenager's Story (Dave Pelzer #2.5) by Dave Pelzer because I've read it.

I hope you enjoy one or all of them.

Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~ (03tammy-lynn) | 1350 comments Leigh wrote: "Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~

Here are your choices: The Witches of New York by Ami McKayQueen of Someday (Stolen Empire, #1) by Sherry D. FicklinAnother Jekyll, Another Hyde (Another, #3) by Daniel Nayeri. I hope you li..."

Thank you for the great picks Leigh.

Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~ (03tammy-lynn) | 1350 comments For you Leigh I've picked One Tiny Lie (Ten Tiny Breaths, #2) by K.A. Tucker , Mind of the Phoenix (The Memory Collector #1) by Jamie McLachlan or Starcrossed (Starcrossed, #1) by Josephine Angelini .
I hope you enjoy one or all of these reads.

message 18: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Thanks Tammy. I think I will read One Tiny Lie (Ten Tiny Breaths, #2) by K.A. Tucker .

message 19: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~ wrote: "Taya wrote: "is it too late to join?"

I'll pick for you Taya.
I pick The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater, After You (Me Before You, #2) by Jojo Moyes or [bookcover:The Privilege of Youth: A Teenager's Story|7..."

Thanks Tammy. You did it before I could and great picks by the way.

message 20: by Taya (new)

Taya (bibliotaya) | 134 comments thanks guys!

Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~ (03tammy-lynn) | 1350 comments My Pleasure Leigh.

You're welcome Taya.

message 22: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 82 comments Hi Carrie,

Thanks for the picks! For you, I have selected: Generation Dead, Room, and/or Winterling. I hope you enjoy!

-Sarah

message 23: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) | 291 comments Thank you Sarah for the picks.

message 24: by Elsa (new)

Elsa Carrion (ecarrion) | 372 comments Erina, tried to select some reads in regards to Thanksgiving/November

So I came up with these

Love in the Making by Roisin Meaney , A Proper Family Holiday by Chrissie Manby , and Black Friday by James Patterson

message 25: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Tammy, I finished One Tiny Lie (Ten Tiny Breaths, #2) by K.A. Tucker and loved it. Thank you for the pick.

message 26: by Elsa (new)

Elsa Carrion (ecarrion) | 372 comments Erina, I finished The Boy Next Door by Jo Ho 11/13 - 4 stars

I've started When the Black Roses Grow by Angela Christina Archer so far I'm enjoying it.

message 27: by Elsa (new)

message 28: by Elsa (new)

Elsa Carrion (ecarrion) | 372 comments Erina, I finished my last book Hearts Unchained by Maureen Shigeno finished 11/19 - 2 stars

The damsel in this story just got on my nerves. Don't get me wrong, the writing was good it just the way she portrayed the female in this story that was a no go for me oh and some of the situations, WTFudge was she thinking!