Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > Winter Warriors [Aug 2018]

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Margret, Caladan Brood Face (new) - rated it 4 stars

Margret | 3170 comments Mod
August 20th

Brian | 882 comments Started today. Looks like I’m the only one 😂😂

message 3: by Andrew (new) - added it

Andrew | 652 comments Yeah...sorry Brian. While I have thoroughly enjoyed The Drenai Saga, it's just not the sort of series that requires me to read an entry every month. I've intentionally slowed my pace so that I can come back to it whenever I'm in the mood. I can only speak for myself, but it's possible that others have similar reasons.

Brian | 882 comments No worries bro. I hear ya! I’m determined to finish a series since I start so many and move on before completing them.

message 5: by Margret, Caladan Brood Face (new) - rated it 4 stars

I’m listening to it! I’m finding it enjoyable, although can’t really see where this fits in the grand scheme of things just yet!

Brian | 882 comments Finished! While not as good as the Druss or Walander books I enjoyed Winter Warriors. Gemmell books are the ultimate brain candy to me. Very light with great characters and plenty of action.

Mayim de Vries | 2864 comments Late but faithfully continuing the series.

Brian | 882 comments Enjoy!!!

Mayim de Vries | 2864 comments Thanks Brian. One thing for sure, this series is of such a consistent quality. I mean we sometimes moan that it is same and same, but really, he keeps the level even and does not resort to shortcuts or fillers.

message 10: by Margret, Caladan Brood Face (new) - rated it 4 stars

I quite enjoyed this installment! I have to say there’s not really a ton to discuss depth wise with this series, but there are some really nice philosophical moments in there