Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

In the Realm of the Wolf (The Drenai Saga, #5)
This topic is about In the Realm of the Wolf
Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > In the Realm of the Wolf [May 2018]

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Margret, Caladan Brood Face (new) - rated it 3 stars

Margret | 3170 comments Mod
May 20th

Mayim de Vries | 2891 comments in

I'm surprised that I am still enjoying the saga, but I am.

Lundos | 392 comments In.

Lundos | 392 comments Mayim wrote: "in

I'm surprised that I am still enjoying the saga, but I am."

The magic of Gemmell.

message 5: by Margret, Caladan Brood Face (new) - rated it 3 stars

Margret | 3170 comments Mod
In

Brian | 975 comments In

Brian | 975 comments Starting today.

Brian | 975 comments Pretty standard Gemmell story. I really like his writing style, especially after reading an epic like Memories of Ice.

Brian | 975 comments Finished! Solid 3.5 stars for me. Gemmell seems to stick to the same story type in his books but for some reason I enjoy them very much. They are easy and quick reads with lots of action. I’ll definitely continue the series.

Mayim de Vries | 2891 comments Late but present. I didn't like the Waylander too much so my expectations are low.

Lundos | 392 comments Brian wrote: "Finished! Solid 3.5 stars for me. Gemmell seems to stick to the same story type in his books but for some reason I enjoy them very much. They are easy and quick reads with lots of action. I’ll defi..."

I agree and feel the same way. The first 2/3(ish)) is setting up the final part (which is battle against insurmountable odds), while giving more background info on the world/the Source and discuss a major philosophical subject in a rather abrupt way - love in this one.

Mayim de Vries | 2891 comments Didn't way me this one.

Lundos | 392 comments The ending
(view spoiler)