CPL's Book Quest: The Challenge discussion

2017 Weekly Threads > Week 41- What Are You Reading?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joanna (new)

Joanna | 697 comments Mod
Co-authoring is becoming more popular with best-selling authors. It went from 2% in 1994 to 10% percent in 2014. You may insert a James Patterson joke here.

Do you know which book was banned for 26 years in the People's Republic of China for portraying "early Marxism?" Take a guess here.

October is under way, despite the weather feeling like summer. What are you all reading this week? I've managed to make a tiny dent in my pile! Finished the first and second volumes of Ouran plus Last Descendants and A Crown of Wishes.

But I must tell you all about Dear Fahrenheit 451. This book was great. The book is a series of short letters to various books the author has either read or encountered in the library. The author is also a librarian. The book was hilarious. I've never laughed so hard over a book. She was snarky and witty but also sincere. The back part of the book is a list of recommendations. It's a fairy short book, easy to read and digest. I highly recommend it, just for the laughs. Chesapeake owns a few copies so check it out!

Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 (Ouran High School Host Club, #1) by Bisco Hatori Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 2 (Ouran High School Host Club, #2) by Bisco Hatori Last Descendants (Assassin's Creed Last Descendants #1) by Matthew J. Kirby A Crown of Wishes (The Star-Touched Queen, #2) by Roshani Chokshi Dear Fahrenheit 451 A Librarian's Love Letters and Break-Up Notes to the Books in Her Life by Annie Spence

message 2: by Ingrid (new)

Ingrid Hurst (bookrdr) | 279 comments I just finished Big Little Lies. Good book. Ink & Bone was before that along with some quick romances that were bland. I just started The Woman in Cabin 10 and have the CD When in my van.
Thanks for the recommendation on Dear....just put a hold on it.
Now please send in some cooler weather so I can cuddle with the fire going! Ha ha

message 3: by Ann (new)

Ann (ann-fracturedfiction) | 446 comments I finished reading My Name is Mary Sutter (the sequel- Winter Sisters comes out in late February), and Secrets in Death by J.D. Robb. I am currently reading Looking for Alaska by John Green. Not sure what to read next, maybe Dear Fahrenheit 451.

Marialyce (absltmom, yaya) I am reading Little Fires Everywhere which I have ambivalent feelings about (but it is well written) and Sing, Unburied, Sing which I am pretty much disliking although it has rave reviews. I am also trying to start A Column of Fire this weekend if I finish the other two. A Column of Fire (Kingsbridge, #3) by Ken Follett . Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng . Sing, Unburied, Sing by Jesmyn Ward .

Also a friend from goodreads has written a book which I am reading and reviewing eventually. Watching Glass Shatter by James J. Cudney is the book.