Jewish Historical Fiction discussion

Jewish Historical Fiction Giveaway

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hillary (new)

Hillary Stern | 19 comments Just wanted to let everyone know that there is a Goodreads giveaway going on now for my novel, The Garment Maker's Daughter. It was recently selected as an Editor's Choice by the Historical Novel Society. A tale of workers' rights, women's rights, and immigrant struggles with (according to Amazon and Goodreads reader reviews) vivid characters and a compelling story.

message 2: by Amy (new)

Amy | 22 comments I put in for the giveaway. I hope I win! Either way look forward to reading it.

message 3: by Stacey B (new)

Stacey B | 26 comments Good am. Kudo's to you. It is a fabulous book. Loved it and the subject.

message 4: by Shira (new)

Shira Reiss | 70 comments How do I sign up for the giveaway?

message 5: by Hillary (new)

Hillary Stern | 19 comments Good luck Amy! And thanks for entering the giveaway. :)

Amy wrote: "I put in for the giveaway. I hope I win! Either way look forward to reading it."

Hillary wrote: "Just wanted to let everyone know that there is a Goodreads giveaway going on now for my novel, The Garment Maker's Daughter. It was recently selected as an Editor's Choice by the Historical Novel S..."

message 6: by Hillary (new)

Hillary Stern | 19 comments Stacey wrote: "Good am. Kudo's to you. It is a fabulous book. Loved it and the subject."

Thanks so much Stacey! I'm so glad you enjoyed it. Nothing makes me feel better than hearing that!!

message 7: by Hillary (new)

Hillary Stern | 19 comments Shira wrote: "How do I sign up for the giveaway?"

Hi Shira,
If you use the desktop version of Goodreads rather than a phone-app version, I can tell you how to find the giveaway for my book. From the homepage of Goodreads, use the search box to look for my book by typing in the title. Once it comes up, click on the title. Go half way down the page that comes up and you'll see a smaller picture of my book's jacket. Just to the right of that is a little tab to enter the giveaway. Click on that and you'll be able to enter. I hope this helps! Good luck!!!

message 8: by Shira (new)

Shira Reiss | 70 comments Hillary wrote: "Shira wrote: "How do I sign up for the giveaway?"

Hi Shira,
If you use the desktop version of Goodreads rather than a phone-app version, I can tell you how to find the giveaway for my book. From ..."

Thanks! I entered it!

message 9: by Joanne (new)

Joanne Levy | 7 comments I also entered & am hoping to win! Either way, I look forward to reading the book. Thanks for offering a giveaway!

message 10: by Hillary (new)

Hillary Stern | 19 comments Joanne wrote: "I also entered & am hoping to win! Either way, I look forward to reading the book. Thanks for offering a giveaway!"

Hi Joanne, I can't speak for other authors, but I write for love not money and nothing gives me more pleasure than knowing that someone is reading my book. Good luck!

message 11: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 1 comments Just finished your book. It was wonderful!!!

message 12: by Hillary (new)

Hillary Stern | 19 comments Lauren, I'm so happy you enjoyed my book! Nothing makes me happier than hearing that. And thanks for letting me know. You just made my day!! Best,
Hillary

message 13: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Lockledge (aggieland_deb) | 8 comments If its not too late, I'd love to sign up for this giveaway. how do I do so from my android phone app?

message 14: by Hillary (new)

Hillary Stern | 19 comments Debbie wrote: "If its not too late, I'd love to sign up for this giveaway. how do I do so from my android phone app?"

Hi Debbie, I'm so sorry, but the giveaway has ended. If you're a subscriber to Kindel Unlimited and like to read ebooks, you can read the ebook version of my novel through that program. Otherwise, the ebook and paperback are both available for sale through Amazon. Giveaways are great and I'd happily explain to you how to enter them for whatever books are currently available. But I actually don't know how to do it from the android phone app. I only know how to do it from a pc. I wish I could be more helpful. Best, Hillary

message 15: by Harry (new)

Harry (harrycarie) | 1 comments I am pleased to offer my giveaway in historical fiction - one of 10 signed copies of my novel "Gravitational Fields: A Novel of Peacetime and War", spanning over 40 years of Jewish life. Available in giveaway for almost 2 more weeks.
Duvid sees his family carried off by the Nazis, and can do nothing. His life takes many turns–he survives the death camps, becomes a partisan, settles in Israel, and finally Canada, silent about the past. On his death, his sons follow the clues their father has left secreted away in a suitcase for close to 40 years and find the impossible.
Gravitational Fields is a lyrical story, an epic tale of family, adventure, survival, and especially, love.

Gravitational Fields: A Novel of Peacetime & War

message 16: by Mirta (new)

Mirta Trupp | 61 comments Hillary wrote: "Just wanted to let everyone know that there is a Goodreads giveaway going on now for my novel, The Garment Maker's Daughter. It was recently selected as an Editor's Choice by the Historical Novel S..."

Just wanted to "stop by" and say that I loved your book, Hillary.