What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Adult fiction/romance, controlling ex, rescuing heroine, protective alpha male. Spoiler ahead.

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 2 comments I am looking for a book that I've read before but can not remember the name of or the author. I don't have a whole lot of plot details but the part i do remeber is the heroine attending the wedding of a close friend or brother, she is a bridesmaid. After the ceremony she changes ber dress quickly to avoid anyone seeing her bruises. Her boyfriend is abusive and controlling and makes them leave quickly. Once they reach the hotel an altercation occurs between the heroine and her boyfriend. One of her brothers friends, who has a romantic interest in her, saves her. She later informs everyone that she was only staying in the relationship because her now ex-boyfriend had some dirt on her brother that he had saved on a flash drive, she was only staying with him until she found the flash drive. I believe she finally found the flash drive hidden in a briefcase, which resulted in the altercation at the hotel. I know its not a lot to go on but books have been found with a lot less information lol. I appreciate any help you can provide, thanks.

message 2: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
When did you read the book Brittany? Any memory of where it was set? What did the h/H and villain do for a living?

message 3: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 2 comments Ann aka Iftcan wrote: "When did you read the book Brittany? Any memory of where it was set? What did the h/H and villain do for a living?"

I read the book sometime over the past two years. Genres I would place it under include: contemporary romance, romantic suspense and suspense/thriller. I believe the H was ex special forces working for a security group, but i cant remember what the h and villian did for a living. Thats not much to go on but i am hoping more details will come to mind.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38140 comments Mod
Brittany, are you still looking for this or did you find it?