Chicks On Lit discussion

Non Book Talk > Asian Dramas

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Usako (new)

Usako (bbmeltdown) | 654 comments Anyone a fan of Asian Dramas? I'm currently hooked on a series called Couple or Trouple.

You?

message 2: by Rose (new)

Rose (roseo) What is an Asian Drama? Sounds intriguing!

message 3: by Usako (new)

Usako (bbmeltdown) | 654 comments Oh my goodness! Let me find the wiki definition. Asian dramas are addicting!!

Here's the definition for a Korean Drama: Korean drama (Korean: 한국드라마) refers to televised dramas, similar to Western miniseries, produced in the Korean language for Korean audiences. Many of these dramas have become popular throughout Asia and have contributed to the general phenomenon of the Korean wave or drama fever. Most popular Korean dramas have also become popular throughout East and Southeast Asia. Some of the most internationally popular Korean dramas are Full House, Stairway to Heaven, My Girl, Dae Jang Geum, My Lovely Sam Soon, Autumn in My Heart, Princess Hours, 1st Shop of Coffee Prince, and Boys Over Flowers.

So sorta like the Telenovas but not entirely!

Couple or Trouble is based on the 80s Film, Overboard. VERY hysterical!!

I finished CoT and am now on the Korean Drama (k-drama) called Shining Inheritance!

Cool part about asian dramas is you can watch them online for free with subtitles!

message 4: by Rose (new)

Rose (roseo) Pffft, that's all I need is another addiction on my computer! LOL

message 5: by Usako (new)

Usako (bbmeltdown) | 654 comments *giggles a lot!!!*

Usually I'll drag my laptop into the living room and watch it while spending time with some family members. Don't ask me how I am able to do that and keep up with the subtitles :P

message 6: by Rose (new)

Rose (roseo) My big fat cat sits on my mouse and my hand so that I'll pay attention to him! Thankfully the other cat (his brother) is more aloof! ;)

message 7: by Usako (new)

Usako (bbmeltdown) | 654 comments *snickers* Indeed, they do that ^.^

Google around. You'll see how many fanatics are out there. I love the format which reminds me of the plot-twists I see in some novels.

message 8: by Silvia (new)

Silvia (silverware) | 24 comments Oh man I love Asian dramas. My first one was 1 Litre of Tears which is a true story and was it ever 1 litre of tears to watch it!!! Then I got hooked on Why Why Love and Devil Beside you.

I am currently watching a Korean drama called You Are My Destiny and I love it!

I know super cheese but what can I do? Im hooked!

message 9: by Rose (new)

Rose (roseo) Tanja wrote: "Google around.

You little devil you :D, oh sure, just trying to add to my addiction to the computer!

Oh! Silvia! Phew! Thank goodness you are here!
You and Tanja talk amongst yourselves. LOL

message 10: by Usako (new)

Usako (bbmeltdown) | 654 comments *giggles at Silvia* I thought about starting You Are My Destiny but came across Shining Inheritance. I'll probably watch YAMD next!! Or Litre of Tears since you love it.

Wanna know another tear jerker? Starlit.

message 11: by Silvia (new)

Silvia (silverware) | 24 comments Haha ohh no I have to add it to the list. I would watch 1 litre of Tears first. Its 10 episodes. YAMD is 178 LMAO haha!

message 12: by Usako (new)

Usako (bbmeltdown) | 654 comments 178 episodes?!? o.O!! K. I'll see the world in a year ;)