Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

39 views
Book Cover Help > Please add / update by book cover :)

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by M.G. (new)

M.G. Mason (mgmason) | 4 comments Hello wonderful Library people. Would somebody be kind enough to update (or add a new edition) to my ebook Dead Heat.

Here is the original listing: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

It's already updated at Amazon: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...

And here is a larger version of the new cover from my personal blog: https://sweattearsanddigitalink.files...

If you need anything else from me, please let me know.

Thank you!


message 2: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra (cassanj) | 4919 comments M.G. wrote: "Hello wonderful Library people. Would somebody be kind enough to update (or add a new edition) to my ebook Dead Heat.

Here is the original listing: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2......"


Alternate cover edition added here- https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3....

As the author, you can set the default edition, which will appear in title searches and on your author page, by following these steps- https://www.goodreads.com/help/show/3....


message 3: by Frank (new)

Frank Kelso (frank_kelso) | 9 comments My book has NOT been released. (Release date Oct 18)
I want to update the cover.
NONE of the content of back-cover blurb has changed.
Is submitting a new edition the only choice?
The Apprenticeship of Nigel Blackthorn by Frank Kelso


message 4: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra (cassanj) | 4919 comments Frank wrote: "My book has NOT been released. (Release date Oct 18)
I want to update the cover.
NONE of the content of back-cover blurb has changed.
Is submitting a new edition the only choice?
The Apprenticeshi..."


Were any advance copies distributed with the current cover, either in print or electronically?


message 5: by Frank (new)

Frank Kelso (frank_kelso) | 9 comments Yes the ARC e-book copies were sent from my WEB page.


message 6: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra (cassanj) | 4919 comments Frank wrote: "Yes the ARC e-book copies were sent from my WEB page."

Thank you! I've moved the ASIN to the new cover/edition that will be published, and designated the first edition as an advance readers copy.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...


message 7: by Frank (new)

Frank Kelso (frank_kelso) | 9 comments I followed the "help topic" on ARC cover.
I re-entered the New edition and it rejected new saying the ISBN already in use but it still shows the ARC cover.
Now what??


message 8: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra (cassanj) | 4919 comments Frank wrote: "I followed the "help topic" on ARC cover.
I re-entered the New edition and it rejected new saying the ISBN already in use but it still shows the ARC cover.
Now what??"


There was nothing that you needed to do with adding new editions. All that was left for you was to set the default edition, which I outlined in message #2.

The ARC cover is here- https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3.... This must remain, but is designated as an ARC.

Kindle edition is here with the new cover- https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3....

ebook edition is here- https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3.... I wasn't able to find an acceptable cover source for that edition.

I'm not sure what else it is you want to do?


message 9: by Frank (new)

Frank Kelso (frank_kelso) | 9 comments The book cover on the "Kindle edition" is the one to keep.
I know you don't delete, but is there any way to show the "ebook edition" as inactive?
Is this where I go in author dashboard to set the Kindle version as the "default option"?


message 10: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra (cassanj) | 4919 comments Frank wrote: "The book cover on the "Kindle edition" is the one to keep.
I know you don't delete, but is there any way to show the "ebook edition" as inactive?
Is this where I go in author dashboard to set the K..."


There is nothing else that I can do to the editions.

Follow these steps to set the default edition- As the author, you can set the default edition, which will appear in title searches and on your author page, by following these steps- https://www.goodreads.com/help/show/3....

If you're having any trouble following those instructions, contacting support is your next step- https://www.goodreads.com/about/conta....


message 11: by Frank (new)

Frank Kelso (frank_kelso) | 9 comments Thanks Cassandra
Set the correct cover edition as the default.
Thanks for your help.


message 12: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra (cassanj) | 4919 comments Frank wrote: "Thanks Cassandra
Set the correct cover edition as the default.
Thanks for your help."


You're welcome- I'm glad you got it figured out!


back to top