David Estes Fans and YA Book Lovers Unite! discussion

Book Talk > Scary or Creepy Reads--Oct TBR

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new)

Jenny (juliababyjen) | 12932 comments Mod
Is anyone else reading some scary books for Halloween this year?

I did make an Oct TBR, full of creepy reads! Hoping I can get through all of them, some of them are long!

Jackaby (Jackaby, #1) by William Ritter Beastly Bones (Jackaby, #2) by William Ritter Ghostly Echoes (Jackaby, #3) by William Ritter The Dire King (Jackaby, #4) by William Ritter Down Among the Sticks and Bones (Wayward Children, #2) by Seanan McGuire Bad Girls Don't Die (Bad Girls Don't Die, #1) by Katie Alender The Bone Witch (The Bone Witch, #1) by Rin Chupeco Lair of Dreams (The Diviners, #2) by Libba Bray It by Stephen King The Legend of Sleepy Hollow and Other Stories by Geoffrey Crayon A Discovery of Witches (All Souls Trilogy, #1) by Deborah Harkness Wicked The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West (The Wicked Years, #1) by Gregory Maguire In a Dark, Dark Wood by Ruth Ware

message 2: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Zigler (toriz) | 4469 comments I don't have an actual list of books I hope to read in October, but I'm picking books that have a connection to horror or the paranormal each time I pick a book this month, whether that be zombies, vampires, witches/wizards, ghosts, or whatever.

message 3: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new)

Nice Victoria!

message 4: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new)

I'm behind I think on my TBR, but I've finished my reread of Jackaby, also finished Down Among the Sticks and Bones. Started Bad Girls Don't Die, and I'm about halfway through It.

Karen’s Library | 11320 comments Mod
This is the first year I've actually committed to doing a Halloween scary read. Buddy reading IT. :O

message 6: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new)

Its fun, isn't it Karen?

message 7: by Alyson (new)

Alyson Stone (alysonserenastone) | 240 comments I've been waiting on It for a long time. Every single copy is checked out.😥

message 8: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new)

I've been doing really well on my TBR!

Still have left to read: It by Stephen King A Discovery of Witches (All Souls Trilogy, #1) by Deborah Harkness Wicked The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West (The Wicked Years, #1) by Gregory Maguire In a Dark, Dark Wood by Ruth Ware

I'm about 65% of the way through It. I'm hoping to finish, but its been a bit of a struggle the last week or so.

Starting In a Dark, Dark Wood next.

Doubt I'll get the entire TBR read by Nov. 1st, but I'm happy with my progress!

message 9: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Zigler (toriz) | 4469 comments Jenny wrote: "I've been doing really well on my TBR!

Still have left to read: It by Stephen KingA Discovery of Witches (All Souls Trilogy, #1) by Deborah Harkness[bookcover:Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the We..."

As long as you're happy with your progress, that's what matters.

I've not managed to read as many books as I'd hoped, but I've been sticking to the planned theme, so that's good enough for me.

message 10: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new)

Victoria wrote: "Jenny wrote: "I've been doing really well on my TBR!

Still have left to read: It by Stephen KingA Discovery of Witches (All Souls Trilogy, #1) by Deborah Harkness[bookcover:Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked W..."

Exactly Victoria! Even more, I've been having fun with my scary reads!

message 11: by Gina (new)

Gina Jenny,

Dark, Dark Wood is one of my favorite reads of this year.

message 12: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Zigler (toriz) | 4469 comments Jenny wrote: "Victoria wrote: "Jenny wrote: "I've been doing really well on my TBR!

Still have left to read: It by Stephen KingA Discovery of Witches (All Souls Trilogy, #1) by Deborah Harkness[bookcover:Wicked: The Life and Time..."

Having fun is always a good thing!

message 13: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new)

Gina wrote: "Jenny,

Dark, Dark Wood is one of my favorite reads of this year."

Awesome! I've heard its really good!

message 14: by Alyson (new)

Alyson Stone (alysonserenastone) | 240 comments I have finally gotten to read It. It's kind of creepy in certain parts, but not in others. I don't know...

message 15: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new)

I finished all by books I wanted to read in the first post EXCEPT for the reread of Wicked by Gregory Maguire and It by Stephen King. I'm on about page 900 in It, so hoping to finish by the end of the year!

message 16: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Zigler (toriz) | 4469 comments Jenny wrote: "I finished all by books I wanted to read in the first post EXCEPT for the reread of Wicked by Gregory Maguire and It by Stephen King. I'm on about page 900 in It, so hoping to finish by the end of ..."

Well done. :)

message 17: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new)

Thanks Victoria!