The Fairy Book Club discussion

Welcome to the Fairy Book Club! > The Fairy Book Club Drop: 15th of each month!

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cordelia (last edited Oct 10, 2017 01:33AM) (new)

Cordelia (cordeliareads) | 324 comments Mod
In true book fairy fashion, we would love to encourage our book club members to share their books in the wild! We want to give everyone a chance to finish their book club read, so we have chosen to mark the 15th of each month to hide the book from the previous month.

Please use #fairybookclubdrop on social media and share photographs of where you leave the book! Make sure to tag us too (twitter: @the_bookfairies, instagram: @bookfairiesworldwide and facebook: /bookfairiesworldwide) so that we can share your book drops!

Also remember that we have special 'chosen by the Fairy Book Club' stickers for you to put on the books, these are free so just put a note to ask for them on your next book fairies order through www.ibelieveinbookfairies.com :) (this is also the place to go if you need book fairy stickers)

This should be fun! Looking forward to The Tenant of Wildfell Hall on Sunday!

message 2: by Anne (new)

Anne Recine | 21 comments Wonderful! And i love the concept that it will always be the 15th of the following month - genius!! I'm looking forward to seeing all the posts next weekend.

message 3: by ManmeRB (new)

ManmeRB mnm.books | 8 comments I'll hide my book next Sunday!!

message 4: by Susan (new)

Susan | 9 comments oh I thought we had said the 6th! must have got muddled! Anyway I dropped my copy of tenant of Wildfell Hall off in my local cinema last weekend. It was the copy I won from the Books of Yore giveaway which, amazingly, has twice crossed the Atlantic. It had a sticker on the front to show it was originally purchased it the Bronte museum in Haworth UK. Somehow it had made it's way to Books of Yore in Miami, only to be sent to me in Walsall, UK. The mind boggles to think where else it has travelled in the years since it was printed!

message 5: by Annemette (new)

Annemette | 28 comments Susan wrote: "oh I thought we had said the 6th! must have got muddled! Anyway I dropped my copy of tenant of Wildfell Hall off in my local cinema last weekend. It was the copy I won from the Books of Yore giveaw..."

That is so cool! Hope the next reader will truly appreciate this book!

message 6: by Sylvie (new)

Sylvie (ploufofaveyron) | 23 comments Wonderful !! Not sure I can participate each month but I love this idea !

message 7: by Cordelia (last edited Nov 15, 2017 03:20AM) (new)

It is TODAY!!! Ray Bradbury's classic should be hidden today if possible - however I realise I've given you ZERO warning because... I forgot, sorry x

You can see mine here! https://www.instagram.com/p/BbgdPjglD...

message 8: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (yumonigiri) | 15 comments I'm actually just about to go hide it. Had to put a lot of clear foil around it though, because it is raining all day. I hope, I can find a somewhat dry spot for it.

message 9: by Cordelia (new)

Hannah wrote: "I'm actually just about to go hide it. Had to put a lot of clear foil around it though, because it is raining all day. I hope, I can find a somewhat dry spot for it."

Hope you found somewhere! Yes it's tricky when it's raining :( but hopefully you found a lovely dry spot x

message 10: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (yumonigiri) | 15 comments Cordelia wrote: "Hannah wrote: "I'm actually just about to go hide it. Had to put a lot of clear foil around it though, because it is raining all day. I hope, I can find a somewhat dry spot for it."

Hope you found..."

Yes, I did. Luckily, I live in an old town so the buildings have a lot of alcoves and ledges to put books on. But the best part: after running some errands I went to check on it again, and just before I reached the hiding spot, I overheard a pair of tourists. One of them was putting something in her purse that looked suspiciously familiar, while the other gestured toward one of the buildings saying: "Oh, look! That's great!" The other replied: "Yes, but that thing just now... (gesturing toward her purse) Nothing can top that!" I walked around the corner - already with a huge smile on my face - and yes, indeed. The book was gone. I'm a really happy fairy right now. :)

message 11: by artsycolt (new)

artsycolt (colt74) | 1 comments Good morning! I recently joined the group so I was wondering what the book is for this month. I'd like to start participating in this lovely idea! Thanks!

message 12: by Eldarwen (new)

Eldarwen | 61 comments Mod
Hannah wrote: "Cordelia wrote: "Hannah wrote: "I'm actually just about to go hide it. Had to put a lot of clear foil around it though, because it is raining all day. I hope, I can find a somewhat dry spot for it...."

That's awesome! :-D

message 13: by Cordelia (new)

Hannah wrote: "Cordelia wrote: "Hannah wrote: "I'm actually just about to go hide it. Had to put a lot of clear foil around it though, because it is raining all day. I hope, I can find a somewhat dry spot for it...."
Oh wow how blooming fantastic - Hannah that's amazing!

message 14: by Cordelia (new)

Tracy wrote: "Good morning! I recently joined the group so I was wondering what the book is for this month. I'd like to start participating in this lovely idea! Thanks!"

Hi Tracy! It's The Room on the Roof by Ruskin Bond xx

message 15: by Ester (new)

Ester Litago Rabasco (estercristinanoelia) | 85 comments I just saw this, so I do not have special stickers or anything! December 15 would hide the Ruskin Bond?

message 16: by Cordelia (new)

Ester wrote: "I just saw this, so I do not have special stickers or anything! December 15 would hide the Ruskin Bond?"

Hello! If you make an order on the website, just add a note saying 'book club stickers' and i'll pop them in there for free! Yes December 15th and maybe the challenge will be HIDE ON A ROOF somewhere! Or somewhere high at least ;) xx

message 17: by Ester (new)

Ester Litago Rabasco (estercristinanoelia) | 85 comments Cordelia wrote: "Ester wrote: "I just saw this, so I do not have special stickers or anything! December 15 would hide the Ruskin Bond?"

Hello! If you make an order on the website, just add a note saying 'book club..."
Ok ;)

message 18: by Bex (new)

Bex (bexbooksandstuff) | 8 comments I wont be hiding my copy this month as a friend asked me to find her a book i enjoyed reading and give it to her for christmas. She didnt want me spending money on a christmas gift this year. So i decided i shall gift her room on the roof. I hope she enjoys it too!

message 19: by Cortney (new)

Cortney | 71 comments I just wrapped all of my books in the book fairy paper! I will be dropping them over the next few days! <3

message 20: by Ester (new)

Ester Litago Rabasco (estercristinanoelia) | 85 comments Ester wrote: "Cordelia wrote: "Ester wrote: "I just saw this, so I do not have special stickers or anything! December 15 would hide the Ruskin Bond?"

Hello! If you make an order on the website, just add a note ..."

Today I can not go to a high place to hide the book, tomorrow I will go to a hospital that is very high and I will leave it on the top floor.

message 21: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl | 9 comments Dropped mine off this evening.

message 22: by Cordelia (new)

Cortney wrote: "I just wrapped all of my books in the book fairy paper! I will be dropping them over the next few days! <3"

How did it all go, Cortney? :)

message 23: by Cortney (last edited Dec 22, 2017 08:16AM) (new)

Cortney | 71 comments Well... I still have 2 more to go... wait no... 3 more to go!

• On Tuesday I dropped Escape from Mr. Lemoncello's Library (Mr. Lemoncello's Library #1) by Chris Grabenstein Escape from Mr. Lemoncello's Library in my local LFL box in the kids section at the bottom.
• I also left A Court of Thorns and Roses in the adult's section.

• I have The Stars Are Fire by Anita Shreve The Stars Are Fire that I will be dropping tonight.

• This weekend I will be in Bethlehem, PA for Christmas in Bethlehem and to visit America's Oldest Bookseller (Moravian Book Shop) and there I will be leaving [boocover:The Pilot's Wife|22177] The Pilot's Wife and also...
• My last drop will be a Kindle, just the base edition, however, inside the box is also a $25.00 amazon gift card to purchase books!

Soooooo, I am super excited to make these drops this weekend! ♥ I can not wait! ♥ I really need to find a bag to put these books in when I make these drops. ♥ :( I am soooooo excited! ♥ I can't stop thinking about it. ♥ I have even googled the front of stores and shops along our path (since it is supposed to rain) for placement! ♥ ♥ ♥

message 24: by Eldarwen (last edited Dec 22, 2017 11:56PM) (new)

Eldarwen | 61 comments Mod
Wow, that's very nice, Cortney! I'm sure a few someones will be very happy!

Also, good choice on dropping ACoTaR ;-)

*cough*FairyTotebag*cough*

message 25: by Cortney (new)

Cortney | 71 comments Lol, I will work on the fairy tote bag. I overspent on Christmas this year.

message 26: by J.L. (new)

J.L. Slipak | 4 comments For our community, we are doing book fairies' distribution on February 15th, August 15th, and December 15th. My community would love it if we did it every 15th, however, we'd run out of books lol.

Anyone have any ideas how to create a book drop off? I'm in Canada, in Ontario.

message 27: by Cortney (new)

Cortney | 71 comments What are you thinking in regards to a book drop off? Are you looking for a place to drop and possible exchange. Little Free Libraries are good for that.

Are you intending for everyone to drop books in one place or random places and hope that they are found?

message 28: by Ester (new)

Ester Litago Rabasco (estercristinanoelia) | 85 comments I can not share The Alchemist was from the library :)

message 29: by Stella (new)

Stella This month's drop occurs on (at least in the USA) Martin Luther King Jr. Day. Any special book recommendations? For kids, I like Stella by Starlight https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2... and The Hate U Give https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3... -- I might also recommend Public School Superhero https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2... for boys, though I'm looking for a book by a Black author to replace that.

message 30: by Cordelia (new)

Janet wrote: "For our community, we are doing book fairies' distribution on February 15th, August 15th, and December 15th. My community would love it if we did it every 15th, however, we'd run out of books lol. ..."

Hey! Please message me if you want to chat about how to arrange a drop off. Sorry I didn't see this before!

message 31: by Glynn (new)

Glynn C | 2 comments Cordelia wrote: "Janet wrote: "For our community, we are doing book fairies' distribution on February 15th, August 15th, and December 15th. My community would love it if we did it every 15th, however, we'd run out ..."

Ik zou het boek boy van roald dahl ontzettend grrag winnen omdat ik nog stteds ontzettend dol ben op oudere jeudboeken.

Zijn boeken nemen mij meteen terug med naar mijn jeugd( herinneringen) en blijven gewoon fantastisch voor jong &oud om te ontdekken of te herontdekken..
Boeken zijn al aanwezig in mijn leven nog voor ik geboren werd( mijn moeder las me voor toen ik nog in de buik zat ) uitstapjes naar de bibliotheek, boekenwinkel,... Waren een feest voor mij. Naar het 1ste leerjaar gaan was top, zo kon ik zelf boeken leren lezen ,..

Nu wil ik ontzettend graag roald dahl zijn jeugd eens 'beleven'

message 32: by Jas (new)

Jas (jaskaur037) | 7 comments I tend to get mine from the library, but I'll try and get a picture to blog and post along with the book fairy drop =]

message 33: by Cordelia (new)

Thanks to our friends at World of Books... I have 40 copies of Brick Lane to hide next Saturday!!!

message 34: by Cordelia (new)

Oops!!!! This is today!!! Need to be way more organised :)