Awakening: A Novel of Aliens and Consciousness Awakening discussion

Review

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Rick Ingrasci Stephan Schwartz's first novel is both a page turner and an eye/mind opener. The story takes us on a wild ride, reflecting an emerging scientific worldview that displaces the primacy of the material world with an invisible order rooted in consciousness. Readers will enjoy this alien redemption story and also receive an introduction to the farther reaches of human consciousness. Highly recommended.

Hugh Lovel My wife gave me AWAKENING for Christmas. Most books I read and file away on the shelf, but this one I must pass on. I don't recall ever getting a better Christmas gift, or one I so rapidly devoured.

With engaging insight and intimacy, Stephen A. Schwartz explores his thesis that consciousness gives rise to matter, and its corollary, consciousness is ubiquitous, interconnected and (in the language of quantum physics) non-local or senior to spacetime. Writen from the viewpoint of a clear-seeing and unbiased Washington insider this is a fictional account of an encounter with an extraterrestrial anthropologist who is captured after a crash and imprisoned in strictest secrecy by a group within the US government. The alien is studying the coming crisis of global warming, brought on by our cultural norms of selfish, mindless human activity preying on and laying waste to nature with thorough disregard of the consequences, but his imperative is not to meddle or introduce any new factors that might spin humanity out of control. But after 12 years of capitivity in intimate contact with humans, and after discovering a human pair prepared to embrace a mutual agenda of affirming life, things get really interesting.

Schwartz's tale is well-supported by a river of insights into consciousness, intention and integrity, all superbly grounded in physics, psychology and quantum physiology. For example, when the alien, "Mike", explains how he remotely controls sensitive electronic devices he says, "Reality is much more a dance or a song than a machine."

The ending invites a sequel. Elsewhere futurist Schwartz has identified the quest for food quality as one of the most significant coming trends. My own professional career is based on the insight that when agriculture learns to work with nature our crops will be far cheaper and more nutritious as farming shifts from chief cause of global warming to its mainmost remedy. I'm curious what insights Schwartz will chronicle if he choses this theme for a sequel. --Hugh Lovel, Blairsville Georgia 12-26-2017