What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Fairy Tale Bride (Once Upon a Wedding, #1)
This topic is about The Fairy Tale Bride
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Historical or regency romance says a fairy tale romance on cover [s]

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vivian (new)

Vivian Murdoch | 12 comments What I remember is they get married and for some reason he doesn’t want to sleep with her. Her fakes an illness. One night he’s swimming in a pond or lake, she goes out to meet him and gets in the water. Fish keep bumping her thigh. She reaches down and turns them away. It happens again and she goes to grab it and it’s her husband’s penis. He says something like unhand me, but instead she’s fascinated by the velvet texture and runs her fingers over him. He carries her out of the water and has sex with her on the bank. I have searched every conceivable way to find this. The cover has a man and woman on some stairs embracing.

message 3: by Vivian (new)

Vivian Murdoch | 12 comments That’s not it. But thanks!

message 4: by SBC (new)

SBC (essbeecee) | 879 comments Can you remember if it was retelling a particular fairy tale? There are some generic lists of fairy tale retellings in romances but some good lists of specific fairy tale retellings (in all genres) as well.

Here are the romance ones in case you haven't seen them:
https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/4...
https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/9...

message 5: by Vivian (new)

Vivian Murdoch | 12 comments SBC wrote: "Can you remember if it was retelling a particular fairy tale? There are some generic lists of fairy tale retellings in romances but some good lists of specific fairy tale retellings (in all genres)..."

That’s the thing, it wasn’t actually a fairy tale. That’s what was so weird. I bought it used thinking it was a fairy tale retelling. Nope. Lol

message 6: by SBC (new)

SBC (essbeecee) | 879 comments Oh dear, that does make it hard to find! I guess they must have just meant 'fairy tale romance' as in 'romantic'. Good luck! Hopefully someone will recognise the scene you remember.

message 7: by Elley (new)

Elley Murray (elleyotter) Do you remember how long ago you read it? I know you said you bought it used, was it newish looking or older? (Not that that is always a good indicator!)

message 8: by Elley (new)

Elley Murray (elleyotter) Do you remember why they got married? Was it arranged? Was she compromised? Was she still a virgin before the "fish" scene? Does he swim a lot? Why - is it some sort of physical therapy?

message 9: by Elley (new)

Elley Murray (elleyotter) Hey Vivian, did you ever find this? I just read When a Scot Ties the Knot and was hopeful for a while maybe this was it - they even suggest he go swimming naked in the loch! - but no such luck. (Still an awesome book though!)

message 10: by Vivian (new)

Vivian Murdoch | 12 comments solved! The Fairy Tale Bride by Kelly McClymer

message 12: by SBC (new)

SBC (essbeecee) | 879 comments Yay, I'm glad you found it Vivian!