Catholic Readers discussion

The Contemplative Rosary with St. John Paul II and St. Teresa of Avila
Promotions, own books, etc. > The Contemplative Rosary

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Connie Rossini | 12 comments I'm celebrating the 100th anniversary of Fatima & the 15th anniversary of Pope John Paul II's encyclical On the Most Holy Rosary by answering your questions on The Contemplative Rosary through Oct. 26. Please join me on my author page. Look for a chance to win a copy beginning Friday, Oct. 13.

message 2: by Donna (new)

Donna | 44 comments Thank you for the information. My sister and I have a spiritual retreat we are building and offer a place to pray the rosary. Although we are not finished, we are building a small chapel in honor of Our Lady of Fatima. (We also have a prayer cell associated with World Apostolate of Fatima--Blue Army).

I look forward to visiting your author page.

Connie Rossini | 12 comments Wow, that sounds fabulous, Donna.

message 4: by Donna (new)

Donna | 44 comments I signed up for your contact and look forward to visiting the website. I know some Catholic moms who homeschool, so I will pass the info along to them.

message 5: by Sternej (new)

Sternej | 8 comments Donna I haven't the slightest clue about how to say the rosary and every little guide that I find online is completely confusing. Do you have any recommendations on a book that would help me?

message 6: by Frances (new)

Frances Richardson | 37 comments Sternej, type in You Tube Saying The Rosary. Deacon Keith Fournier has a lovely interpretation that I think you may find helpful.

Connie Rossini | 12 comments The Contemplative Rosary does contain all the Rosary prayers and the instructions on praying the Rosary. Plus it has meditations to use for all 20 mysteries, sacred artwork for each, and the teaching of St. John Paul II and St. Teresa of Avila to help you pray the Rosary well. The most important thing is to engage your mind and heart in the prayer, so that you are not just saying it by rote while thinking about something else. The goal of the Rosary is getting to know and love Jesus better.

message 8: by Donna (new)

Donna | 44 comments I'm sure Connie's You Tube info would be very helpful. It has been some time but I did read Dr. Edward Sri's book about The New Scripture Rosary and it was very good. In addition, there is a section on praying the rosary in Fr. Donald Calloway's Champions of the Rosary. Both of those books would be helpful. I'm sure there are CD's that are available, also. The main thing is to pray the rosary daily and you'll eventually become comfortable enough to pick up ideas from various sources. Fr. Calloway says if you can listen to Mother Teresa's group, you'll do well.

message 9: by Donna (new)

Donna | 44 comments I just realized EWTN has great info on praying the rosary. I think you will find the guide very helpful.

http://www.ewtn.com/Devotionals/praye...

message 10: by Emily (new)

Emily Giuffre (emilygiuffre) | 2 comments Sternej wrote: "Donna I haven't the slightest clue about how to say the rosary and every little guide that I find online is completely confusing. Do you have any recommendations on a book that would help me?"

Have you gotten just a simple booklet on the rosary at religious stores? Those are usually the best.

message 11: by Sternej (new)

Sternej | 8 comments I actualy got one from the church bookstore the other day. It's great.

message 12: by Donna (new)

Donna | 44 comments Good. The more you pray the rosary, the easier it becomes. I started praying it daily maybe 8-9 years ago and I used my mother's old Missal. It was so old, it didn't even include the Luminous Mysteries. Never-the-less, I loved the prayers that went along with each mystery--prayers asking for deep humility, purity of body and soul, detachment for the things of this world, perseverance in grace, and discernment, etc. Since I now belong to the "Blue Army" and participate in a prayer cell with a devotion to Our Lady of Fatima, I often use the World Apostolate of Fatima rosary prayer book that includes a meditation on Scripture plus a Fatima meditation. The rosary is never monotonous or dull to me because I use all these various tools to bring the rosary alive.