Play Book Tag discussion

Everything, Everything
This topic is about Everything, Everything
Archive: Other Books > Everything, Everything, by Nicola Yoon- 4 Stars

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Joi (missjoious) | 3782 comments Read in two sittings this was a beautiful, cute, quirky romance a la The Fault in Our Stars and Eleanor & Park. There were a few too many things I had to "look past" to give this five stars, but what a fun read despite the themes of sickness and death. The book format was great. Super hipster and modern, there are graphs inserted, pages of her "medical information", drawings, short one-sentence chapters, whatnot. The author's husband did the illustrations and you can tell they had fun doing them.

Madeline is sick. She's been sick her whole life and can't go outside due to a severe autoimmune deficiency. Cue cute neighbor moving in next door. Handwritten messages through the windows turn to Instant messaging over the computer, turn into a budding romance. Is Maddy willing to risk her life to see the outside? A new world opens up.

There are definitely some plot holes, but hey-this is YA, hopefully other readers don't notice them as much as I do. I didn't super like the ending either- kind of felt like a cop out (view spoiler). But this was super sweet, and the romance built was strong and readable. I'll be reading Yoon's other stuff for sure.

message 2: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 5638 comments This book is getting a lot of buzz in the YA world ...