Gore and More discussion

Horror Movies > October Group Movie Watch - Friday the 13th (1980)

Comments Showing 1-48 of 48 (48 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kenneth (new)

Kenneth McKinley | 677 comments Mod
This thread is for the Group Movie Watch for the original Friday the 13th (1980) to take place on Friday, October 13th 2017.

***CAUTION***

There will be spoilers here. So, if you haven't watched the movie yet, I would recommend that you do that before proceeding.

message 2: by Latasha (new)

Latasha (latasha513) marking this spot so I can see when ppl comment.

message 3: by Lena (new)

Lena Starting 7pm Central?

message 4: by Kenneth (new)

Lena wrote: "Starting 7pm Central?"

Yes.

message 5: by Lena (new)

Lena Just started! Already had two shots of Chivas and it’s on!

message 6: by Lena (new)

Lena Che Che Che ha ha ha....

message 7: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Jones | 12 comments Lena wrote: "Che Che Che ha ha ha...."
Haha I've been doing that all day

message 8: by Lena (new)

Lena I remember nothing so this is a lot of fun!

message 9: by Lena (new)

Lena Kevin Bacon!!!

message 10: by Marie (new)

Marie I don't remember Kevin Bacon being in this movie! I haven't seen this movie in almost 20 years.

message 11: by Lena (new)

Lena Loving the short shorts on guys - I miss that.

message 12: by Lena (new)

Lena Girls Hitchhiking could be the title of Horror short story collection.

message 13: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Jones | 12 comments Lena wrote: "Girls Hitchhiking could be the title of Horror short story collection." lol agreed!!

message 14: by Lena (new)

Lena Strip monopoly?

message 15: by Lena (new)

Lena Oh shit...

message 16: by Lena (new)

Lena That arrow was a shock.

message 17: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Jones | 12 comments Bum..Bum..Bum..Bum another one bites the dust

message 18: by Marie (new)

Marie Kevin didn't last long....I guess he wasn't considered a main character. :(

message 19: by Lena (new)

Lena Remember the rules? You have sex YOU DIE!

message 20: by Lena (new)

Lena help me... help me...
Why didn’t she put on her raincoat? No, white nightgown in the rain - better.
*takes another shot Chivas because it’s Friday*

message 21: by Lena (new)

Lena Ahhhh! Bill!!!

message 22: by Lena (last edited Oct 13, 2017 06:27PM) (new)

Lena Lol, I thought she was about to hang herself!

message 23: by Lena (new)

Lena No one in a cable knit sweater is ever suspect.

message 24: by Lena (new)

Lena Don’t let her live Mommy!

message 25: by Lena (new)

Lena Some of the music reminds me of Jaws.

message 26: by Marie (new)

Marie Do you think a frying pan is going to kill her?!

message 27: by Lena (new)

Lena No, the ball of twine she threw.

message 28: by Marie (new)

Marie Swinging weapons doesn't work - stabbing weapons would work better.

message 29: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Jones | 12 comments Aw. Over already.. love that movie though!!! And yeah lol a ball of twine is amongst many deadly weapons 😂 as are old women in creepy sweaters. *sneaks to bed with the ch-ch noise*

message 30: by Lena (new)

Lena “Then he’s still there...”
Those last few second are very Twin Peaks.

Thanks for this guys it was fun!

message 31: by Marie (new)

Marie I forgot that there was a survivor. That is a great horror movie! I had forgotten most of it, so that was really cool re-watching it after so many years!

message 32: by Billy "D" (new)

Billy "D" I'm just about to start. Glad everyone had fun! I know I will.

message 33: by Marie (new)

Marie This was a very cool idea! Thanks for setting all this up Ken! It was fun watching with everyone and sharing the movie scenes!

message 34: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Jones | 12 comments Had fun with yall tonight!!! Cant wait til we do it again!!!

message 35: by Marc (new)

Marc (scrappyxii) | 2 comments Having watched the theatrical (R) version so many times, I decided to give the uncut, unrated (NR) version a try tonight. Basically the same except with some scenes going a little longer on the gore and kill scenes as well as what seemed like a slight recut near the end if memory serves me right.
It really was great watching this movie again. It’s one of my favorite franchises. And this was the now classic movie that spawned so many sequels (and yes I’ve seen every single one of them) and myriad similar movies.
Not a big fan of the more recent remake (or reimagining or whatever they like to call it). It had some workable elements but overall lacked what this low budget flick from decades ago was able to capture.

message 36: by Kenneth (new)

I not only watched this one, but followed it up with Part 2. I can't tell you how many times I've seen the original, but it never gets old. These pretty much set the standard for rules in slasher flicks - sex=death, falling down while running away from the killer, knocking the killer unconscious and not finishing them off, and creative ways to off your victims with sharp objects. A little known fact about Friday the 13th, If you watch the scene where Mrs Vorhees gets decapitated, you can see that after her head goes flying that the body isn't reallly hers. The hands that come up in frame "looking" for her missing head is actually a guy. Check out the hairy knuckles. Lol.

message 37: by Latasha (new)

Latasha (latasha513) I'm so sorry! I fell asleep but don't worry, I paid for it. woke up with a terrible stomach ache. glad everyone had fun!

message 38: by Marie (new)

Marie Latasha wrote: "I'm so sorry! I fell asleep but don't worry, I paid for it. woke up with a terrible stomach ache. glad everyone had fun!"

Missed you joining in, Latasha! Sorry you didn't feel well! Hope you can join us next week watching Trick R' Treat! :)

message 39: by Latasha (new)

Latasha (latasha513) Marie wrote: "Latasha wrote: "I'm so sorry! I fell asleep but don't worry, I paid for it. woke up with a terrible stomach ache. glad everyone had fun!"

Missed you joining in, Latasha! Sorry you didn't feel well..."

I plan on it. I have it on dvd so I'm ready to go. thanks for the well wishes.

message 40: by Kieron (new)

Kieron Best part is the ending if you dont know whats coming.

message 41: by Kenneth (new)

That definitely made the kids jump!

message 42: by Kieron (new)

Kieron Ha Ha Ha I bet it did. Broad daylight, soothing music, the police show up and then BAM!!

message 43: by Marie (new)

Marie Latasha wrote: "Marie wrote: "Latasha wrote: "I'm so sorry! I fell asleep but don't worry, I paid for it. woke up with a terrible stomach ache. glad everyone had fun!"

Missed you joining in, Latasha! Sorry you di..."

Awesome! I recorded it on my dvr, so I will be ready! :)

message 44: by David (new)

David Brian (davidbrian) | 116 comments It's been an age since I watched Friday the Thirteenth, and so thoroughly enjoyed re-watching both this and Halloween, although I was surprised by just how hokey the whole thing was.:)

Also, and it's obviously a sign of the changed times, but did anyone else notice how, when Annie hitched a lift with the truck driver, he weinsteined her ass up into the truck. O:

message 45: by Lena (last edited Oct 18, 2017 03:34PM) (new)

Lena I applaud the proper use of weinstein. Is it Trick or Treat this Friday? I DVR’d it. Never seen it!

message 46: by Marie (new)

Marie Lena wrote: "I applaud the proper use of weinstein. Is it Trick or Treat this Friday? I DVR’d it. Never seen it!"

Yes it is this Friday! I dvr'd it too! :)

message 47: by Kenneth (new)

The thread for Trick 'r Treat is up, kiddies. Let's keep this ball rolling!

message 48: by Latasha (new)

Latasha (latasha513) Oh! I almost forgot