Roger Zelazny discussion

About Zelany & his works > Zelazny by Carl B. Yoke

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jim, Keeper of the Pattern (new)

Jim (jimmaclachlan) | 975 comments Roger Zelazny by Carl B. Yoke purports to be a guide to Zelazny's work from his debut in 1962 until the late 1970's when this work was published. I've never read it & hadn't realized it existed until I stumbled across it while adding books to the group shelves.

Have you read it? What did you think of it?

message 2: by Erich (new)

Erich Franz Linner-Guzmann (erichfranzlinnerguzmann) | 22 comments This book does look interesting... anything that has to do with Zelazny sounds interesting to me however. The question I have is for someone who has read this book. Is this a book that you have to be very familiar and have read a lot of Zelazny's books in order to appreciate it? Sometimes I enjoy knowing a lot about an author before I read his books, it just makes me like the books more because I am understanding where the author is coming from and sometimes I like just the opposite. It all depends on the author it seems.

message 3: by Jim, Keeper of the Pattern (new)

Jim (jimmaclachlan) | 975 comments I just started Threshold 1 The Collected Stories of Roger Zelazny & it has an intro by Carl B. Yoke. Apparently the two were friends since they sat together at the same desk in second grade. They wrote a lot together. I have to say that his intro didn't thrill me, while I found the one by Robert Silverberg was interesting, even though Yoke had a lot more personal stuff to say.