Great Reads Book Club discussion

Mini Fandoms > Divergent

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Megan (new)

Megan This is the thread for Divergent— If you comment first, you will be placed as moderator so you can control THIS THREAD ONLY.

message 2: by Jessie (new)

Jessie (where_will_the_chapter_take_us) I plan on starting this series next week - Looking forward to it :)

message 3: by Erin (new)

Erin Bembridge  (erinbelizabeth1) I haven’t read Divergent

message 4: by Erin (new)

Erin Bembridge  (erinbelizabeth1) But I have seen one or two of the movies

message 5: by Kit (new)

Kit (bookqueenkjlg) I've seen all the movies, but haven't read any of the books.

message 6: by Jessie (new)

Jessie (where_will_the_chapter_take_us) I'm currently on the second book and i stupidly went on the Divergent fan page and i've completely spoiled the third book for myself and now i dont want to read it cause i dont think i can go through whats going to happen hahaha

Please some that's read the book tell me its not going to be as bad as i imagine it will be

message 7: by Curtis (new)

Curtis | 2 comments @ Jessie,
For me personally, people can say what ever they want about a book in reviews. ( in fact I'm currently reading through a series that alot of people have poo pooed on, but it's still in my mind, and I'm still reading it, I'm still into all the characters.) but until I read it for myself and feel all the sensations that the author is trying to project...I'm not going to give up on it. I personally liked book three. It explains so much. And the choices the character's make, Made sense to me when I was reading it. After I read it, I went and watched the movie to compare the differences and refeel all the feelings again.

message 8: by Erin (new)

Erin Bembridge  (erinbelizabeth1) I should really read it! I read Carve the Mark by her and wasn’t as impressed... I guess that’s why I have stayed away from it for so long

message 9: by Curtis (new)

Curtis | 2 comments @ Erin,
Don't judge her by that book carve the mark, I'm slowly pushing myself through that book, like walking through deep mud. But the Divergent series, made me start looking at tattoos from a whole different point of view. I really really like them and the movies too.

message 10: by Jessie (new)

Jessie (where_will_the_chapter_take_us) I don't think the book is going to be bad I'm loving this series, I just mean't i don't want to read the last couple of chapters cause I have a feeling its going to be sad