Nightstand Hoarders discussion

Book Discussions > Bonus Read: Bird Box

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Meghan (new)

Meghan Our bonus read for Halloween will be Bird Box by Josh Malerman.

Bird Box by Josh Malerman

As you read, please feel welcome to update us on your progress, thoughts and questions.

*Please remember to hide spoilers - directions for this can be found in the yellow box that pops up next to your text box.

Wishing you a spookedly good time-

message 2: by Rebekah (new)

Rebekah (bekahmaria92) | 70 comments I don't know if anyone has had a chance to read this yet. I listened to the audio book on my drive to and from Chicago. I was worried about falling asleep (driving between 1 and 4am) but there was no way I could while listening to this book. Even when I got home at 5 am EST I didn't want to get out of my car. I do, however, wish I could have read this as a paper book, my only regret.

I'm not a fan of jumping timelines because I feel like I get too invested in one side and don't want it to flip back. However, this one flowed nicely and I found myself wanting both sides so the flip wasn't really noticed.

(view spoiler)

message 3: by Katherine (new)

Katherine Pederson | 19 comments This book wasn't for me...I quit before page 20. I was hoping for a thriller/scary book that could have actually taken place on this planet. Blindfolded and still able to navigate a boat? No credibility. I admit that this genre does not interest or captivate me.

message 4: by Meghan (new)

Meghan Woah I am ~halfway done and I had to take a break because I got scared listening to this staying home alone LOL.

I am a sucker for 'apocalyptic' type-books - books where the unimaginable has happened and we have to learn to survive or (in this case) teach your children to survive.

Questions I have:
- Do we find out what is causing this or why this 'problem' happened?
- Does it get fixed?? Do they have to live like this forever??
- How does Malorie not know she is having twins? Is this because she doesn't have medical care because she is stuck inside? But wouldn't you have some idea based on size or movement or something?
- What happened that Malorie is alone the entire time (4 years) without anyone who was in the house with her?
- Will she ever reunite with anyone lost to her? (We know her sister is dead, but what about anyone else/what about her parents).
- Will she find anyone? Will the boat make it to land?

message 5: by Rebekah (new)

Rebekah (bekahmaria92) | 70 comments Good news! Most of your questions do get resolved by the end of the book. The twins thing got me too! I’m glad you’re liking it though :)

message 6: by Meghan (new)

Meghan AHHHHH!

That's all I have to say about this book. I actually had to turn it off at one point b/c I was staying home alone and I got spooked LOL

message 7: by Rebekah (new)

Rebekah (bekahmaria92) | 70 comments Lol! Did it all start to make sense in the last few chapters? (Especially the twin thing?) I felt like an idiot when I finally pieced it together!