What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Ride Baby Ride (Thompson & Sons #1; Rocky Mountain House #7)
This topic is about Ride Baby Ride
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. (Spoilers) Contemporary Romance (1980-90s) - heroine pregnant w/ amnesia, hero out of touch on short term job, ex-boyfriend wants her back. [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jaye (last edited Oct 09, 2017 04:37AM) (new)

Jaye (anairhp) | 41 comments Okay, so I have googled my heart out and can not find this one. I remember reading it a while back, so it was published at least 5 years ago. (edit: I think it was actually set in present time, but written in the 80s or 90s)

Definite:
Heroine breaks up with her boyfriend and hooks up with hero, who then leaves for a job in the far wilderness. They are supposed to keep in contact but he finds out he'll be completely out of touch so he sends her an email telling her and that he'll contact her when he gets back (the job is short term). She never got his emails because she forgot all her passwords (amnesia), which makes work a bother too.

Shortly after he leaves and before she can announce their relationship, she is in an accident and loses her memory.

Just before he returns, she finds out she's pregnant. Her ex-boyfriend and the hero both show up saying they are the father and she doesn't know who to believe.

Maybe:
I think she works with her brothers at a family business, or maybe just a really small town where her business place and theirs intersect a lot.

I feel like the whole book has a 'country' or 'cowboy' vibe, with boots, hats, cattle, horses, and trucks. I also think it was part of a series, but not the first one.

Thank you for any help!!!

message 3: by Ann aka Iftcan (last edited Oct 09, 2017 07:27PM) (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6972 comments Mod
Well, looks like this is going to be one of those threads where I find my tbr mountain range getting bigger--and bigger--and BIGGER. Sigh, gotta love those cowboys. (What can I say--my Dad's baby brother raises horses and the bulls used in rodeos, so whenever we were visiting the Grandparents we'd go to rodeos, rodeos and yet more rodeos.)

message 4: by Jaye (new)

Jaye (anairhp) | 41 comments Kris, OMG, I think it is! I'll grab a copy and report back after I read it, but this totally sounds right!

message 5: by Jaye (new)

Jaye (anairhp) | 41 comments That was it! Thank you again!!!

message 6: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33543 comments Mod
Great! Glad we could help, Jaye.

I got lucky with a Google search:

site:www.goodreads.com "contemporary romance" pregnant amnesia ex-boyfriend short-term

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Ride Baby Ride (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Vivian Arend (other topics)