What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Fantasy genre: Family of women who raise magical cats meant for specific people; a young girl almost gives one of the cats away to the wrong person.

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erica (new)

Erica (ericaleighco) | 3 comments This must be 1990's or earlier (possibly much earlier...given to me by my book collecting dad!). All I remember is that there is a group of women and I think they were all related, who raised these magical cats. The cats were meant for specific people. A young girl in the group is riding on a wagon with them and almost gives one of the kittens away, not knowing they have special abilities.

Any ideas? I'd be most grateful!

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35128 comments Mod
Erica, is this book for children, young adults (teens) or older adults?

What's the location and time period - realistic Earth (country/region/big city/small town)?

message 3: by Erica (new)

Erica (ericaleighco) | 3 comments Kris wrote: "Erica, is this book for children, young adults (teens) or older adults?

What's the location and time period - realistic Earth (country/region/big city/small town)?"

It was more young adult or adult. Definitely not for kids. Realistic Earth, rural settings.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39281 comments Mod
Erica, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 5: by Erica (new)

Erica (ericaleighco) | 3 comments Never found it!

message 6: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35128 comments Mod
Erica, what are the magical abilities of these cats? Can they talk?Why do they have to go to specific people?

message 7: by Tabitha (new)

Tabitha | 8 comments Were the cats called gatti or ghatti? I read a series of thick books where large cats are bonded with specific people.

message 8: by Tabitha (new)

Tabitha | 8 comments Author was Gayle Greeno

message 9: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19035 comments Finders-Seekers for Tabitha's suggestion.