Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Ghost in the Park (Unruly Ghost Mysteries #1)
This topic is about Ghost in the Park
Book Issues > Please help me claim my book.

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Julianne (last edited Oct 08, 2017 08:54PM) (new)

Julianne Johnson (jqjohnson) | 4 comments Hello awesome Goodreads Librarian!

Firstly, I am an idiot. In attempting to claim my book, I accidentally added it again.

Secondly, I cannot claim any of my books without help from a librarian. My Author Page is Julianne Q. Johnson and I publish under Julianne Q Johnson. That lack of a period gets me every time. It would be lovely if my author profile could be changed to not have that pesky period. Of course, my other books have already been added by librarians, so I don't know if that's possible. Is it possible to merge the two? I would settle for getting Ghost added as my book.

Ghost in the Park
ISBN-10: 1975686578
ISBN-13: 978-1975686574
ASIN: B0751GCSBB

Thank you so much for your time.
Julianne Q Johnson

message 2: by Zoey (last edited Oct 08, 2017 09:32PM) (new)

Zoey  (rozannen) | 146 comments Moved both the kindle & paperback to your profile (added the period) and added the cover (from Amazon) to the paperback.
I believe it is Goodreads policy to have your name show like that, so no you cant change it.
To stop it happening in the future, the best thing to do is to add the book yourself (including the period in your name) before the Amazon bots do it for you. If you add the books with the correct ASIN and/or ISBN the bots wont re-add them

message 3: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 3032 comments Yes, it is the policy: https://www.goodreads.com/help/show/4...

I posted the other profile for merge here: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/... as there are followers on it.

Julianne, you should also edit the "shelf display name" so that it displays correctly on user shelves.

message 4: by Julianne (new)

Julianne Johnson (jqjohnson) | 4 comments Thank you so much for the help. I will continue to try to learn to use Goodreads effectively, but I admit I get a little lost! I'll work on it!