YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Confessions of a Queen B* (The Queen B*, #1)
This topic is about Confessions of a Queen B*
BUDDY READ: Contemporary/Romance > Confessions of a Queen B* by Cynthia McHughs --starting 10/8

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Amanda  (manka23) | 2385 comments Alexis Wyndham is the other type of Queen B—the Queen Bitch.

After years of being the subject of ridicule, she revels in her ability to make the in-crowd cower via the exposés on her blog, The Eastline Spy. Now that she's carved out her place in the high school hierarchy, she uses her position to help the unpopular kids walking the hallways.

Saving a freshman from bullies? Check.
Swapping insults with the head cheerleader? Check.
Falling for the star quarterback? So not a part of her plan.

But when Brett offers to help her solve the mystery of who’s posting X-rated videos from the girls’ locker room, she’ll have to swallow her pride and learn to see past the high school stereotypes she’s never questioned—until now

Noor and I are starting this today if you want to join.

noor (smendes) | 285 comments 4% Yes very early but... (view spoiler)

Amanda  (manka23) | 2385 comments 11% (view spoiler)

Amanda  (manka23) | 2385 comments 21%(view spoiler)

Amanda  (manka23) | 2385 comments 37%(view spoiler)

Christine | 860 comments would this be counted for October challenge?

noor (smendes) | 285 comments Christine wrote: "would this be counted for October challenge?"

Yep! for having letters SEA in the title and its a good/funny book

Christine | 860 comments Noor wrote: "Christine wrote: "would this be counted for October challenge?"

Yep! for having letters SEA in the title and its a good/funny book"

Nice! I'll be joining you guys!

Amanda  (manka23) | 2385 comments 49%(view spoiler)

message 10: by noor (new) - rated it 4 stars

noor (smendes) | 285 comments Amanda wrote: "49%[spoilers removed]"
wow ur quickkk
im on 15% lol

Christine | 860 comments I can't move the file to my kindle cloud reader. :'(

message 12: by noor (new) - rated it 4 stars

noor (smendes) | 285 comments Guyssss! There is a second and third book...and ofc I had to read their descriptions so now I ruined *that* for myself ugh 🤦🤦 but still, if they're on instafreebie, may we can set up BRs for them too...?

message 13: by noor (new) - rated it 4 stars

noor (smendes) | 285 comments 71% (view spoiler)

message 14: by noor (new) - rated it 4 stars

noor (smendes) | 285 comments Amanda wrote: "49%[spoilers removed]"

😂😂😂😂 like girl (view spoiler)

Amanda  (manka23) | 2385 comments 70% (view spoiler) and i always just forward the emails from instafreebie to my kindle docs email and then the file downloads onto my kindle. .mobi is kindle format

Amanda  (manka23) | 2385 comments Noor are you still in the hell that is high school?

Amanda  (manka23) | 2385 comments 75%(view spoiler)

message 18: by noor (new) - rated it 4 stars

noor (smendes) | 285 comments Amanda wrote: "Noor are you still in the hell that is high school?"

Yes😭😭😭 my last year and then im outta that hellhole😬 (as my friends call it). Honestly, this past week has been like the worse week in my highschool experience...i stopped reading for a few days last week because of it

Christine | 860 comments I really don't get it lol, I just searched it on Amazon. It's free there too.

Christine | 860 comments 29% (view spoiler)

message 21: by noor (new) - rated it 4 stars

noor (smendes) | 285 comments Christine wrote: "29% [spoilers removed]"

Me too!!

Christine | 860 comments 39% (view spoiler)

message 23: by noor (last edited Oct 09, 2017 04:03PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Christine | 860 comments 48% (view spoiler)

message 25: by noor (new) - rated it 4 stars

noor (smendes) | 285 comments Christine wrote: "48% "Don't be afraid to let people in."
Easy for him to say. I can really relate with Alexis this time. "

Literally me too!!!! But what he is saying is also right

message 26: by noor (new) - rated it 4 stars

noor (smendes) | 285 comments "Falling for the star quarterback?"
Why is it ALWAYS the quarterback that is the most "popular" kid in school? Like honestly, I don't get it. What about the receiver or just someone who is not a football player? whats wrong w that?

Christine | 860 comments Noor wrote: "Christine wrote: "48% "Don't be afraid to let people in."

Literally me too!!!! But what he is saying is also right"

Ikr but well you know, it's not easy

Christine | 860 comments Noor wrote: ""Falling for the star quarterback?"
Why is it ALWAYS the quarterback that is the most "popular" kid in school? Like honestly, I don't get it. What about the receiver or just someone who is not a ..."

I know. It's stereotyping. They're all players. Same thing.
How's school by the way? Is it like this in your high school?

message 29: by noor (new) - rated it 4 stars

noor (smendes) | 285 comments Christine wrote: "Noor wrote: "Christine wrote: "48% "Don't be afraid to let people in."

Literally me too!!!! But what he is saying is also right"
..."

Yeahhh...His advice is good is what I meant but ofc its not easy. Sometimes the best things to do are the hardest😕

message 30: by noor (new) - rated it 4 stars

noor (smendes) | 285 comments Christine wrote: "Noor wrote: ""Falling for the star quarterback?"
Why is it ALWAYS the quarterback that is the most "popular" kid in school? Like honestly, I don't get it. What about the receiver or just someone wh..."

I wish i was like Alexis. Its DEFINITELY not like my hs. my hs is very sheltered since its private. its also one of these schools w/ JK-12 and its a very small school population wise. My highschool borders like maybe 30 kids...possible less. Yes it is extremely small but it exists lol. The disadvantage here is that if u get into a fight w someone, everyone knows and its easy to gain allies and they could be like 50% of the whole HS. So it sucks. I hard the worst week yet last week and I'm dreading tmw because of it. No matter what the school, girls can be b*tches everywhere😬😬

Christine | 860 comments Noor wrote: "Christine wrote: "Noor wrote: ""Falling for the star quarterback?"
Why is it ALWAYS the quarterback that is the most "popular" kid in school? Like honestly, I don't get it. What about the receiver ..."

oh, I'm sorry to hear that. Good thing we have books to get onto when we need an escape. Just be careful!

message 32: by noor (new) - rated it 4 stars

noor (smendes) | 285 comments Christine wrote: "Noor wrote: "Christine wrote: "Noor wrote: ""Falling for the star quarterback?"
Why is it ALWAYS the quarterback that is the most "popular" kid in school? Like honestly, I don't get it. What about ..."

That is exactly why i love books! You seem older than me lol so please enlighten me as to how can I be careful. I act want to know. But do it on PM lol

Christine | 860 comments Noor wrote: "Christine wrote: "Noor wrote: "Christine wrote: "Noor wrote: ""Falling for the star quarterback?"
Why is it ALWAYS the quarterback that is the most "popular" kid in school? Like honestly, I don't g..."

I gotta go. I'll PM you when I'll get online.

Christine | 860 comments 67% (view spoiler)

message 35: by noor (new) - rated it 4 stars

noor (smendes) | 285 comments Christine wrote: "67% [spoilers removed]"

You think you would want 2 read the second book?

message 36: by noor (new) - rated it 4 stars

noor (smendes) | 285 comments Christine wrote: "67% [spoilers removed]"

I started but can take a break lol

Christine | 860 comments Noor wrote: "Christine wrote: "67% [spoilers removed]"

You think you would want 2 read the second book?"

Naw, it's fine. I like how it ends in book1. It's a different light. I would like to keep it that way. Have fun with the book 2 though. :)