Stephen King Fans discussion

Movies & TV shows > Castle Rock (2018)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 163 (163 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Summer (new)

Summer (paradisecity) | 360 comments I haven't seen any posts about this yet, but I noticed the trailer for the new Hulu series is live and I thought folks might want to check it out. Looks interesting, and I'm glad to see Bill Skarsgard back and out of a clown suit this time!

message 2: by Kandice (new)

Kandice | 3968 comments I'm super excited for this show too. I loved Skarsgard in Hemlock Grove, so have no doubt he will be great in this. It was him in the voice over too. I was excited to see Spacey too. How cool would it be for lots of actors from King adaptations to pop up in the series?

Read me two times | 56 comments Wow!! I think it will be great!! hope they don't screw up, coz there's plenty of raw material!! Can't wait to see it!!!

message 4: by Erin (new)

Erin (ems84) | 2099 comments It looks awesome! I'm really impressed with the cast.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I. Am. Shooketh.

message 6: by Angie, Constant Reader (new)

Angie | 2547 comments Mod
I can't wait!

message 7: by Kerry (new)

Kerry Christian (kwcreads) | 64 comments Here's an interesting article that breaks down the imagery in the trailer.

Can I just say...Sissy Spacek!!

message 8: by Nick (new)

Nick Lanzetta | 7 comments So this looks really interesting. I think its a great idea to do a show about one of King's fictional towns because so many of his stories take place in Castle Rock. Usually, I try to read a book before the adaptation comes out. But with this, there are so many references it seems this show will draw from. What are your thoughts? Should I read all his novels and short stories that take place in Castle Rock before seeing this? I have not even seen the trailer yet in case of spoilers.

message 9: by Erin (new)

Erin (ems84) | 2099 comments Kerry wrote: "Here's an interesting article that breaks down the imagery in the trailer.

Can I just say...Sissy Spacek!!"

Looking up the casting credits, she is suppose to be in four episodes. It also lists Terry O'Quinn being in the cast too but I don't recall seeing him in the trailer unless I missed him.

message 10: by Mario (new)

Mario Stöffler I am really suprised that Ace Merrill is not being casted.

message 11: by Summer (new)

Summer (paradisecity) | 360 comments Nick wrote: "What are your thoughts? Should I read all his novels and short stories that take place in Castle Rock before seeing this?"

I don't think it's necessary, but if you're going to read one I'd recommend Needful Things. Sheriff Pangborn is a major character in that one and it looks like he'll be playing a significant role here, too. Plus, I think that book gives you a good feel for Castle Rock. It's hefty, though, so be forewarned.

message 12: by Angie, Constant Reader (new)

https://youtu.be/fwmhiqUPa28

Here is the new trailer !

message 13: by Erin (new)

Erin (ems84) | 2099 comments Saw one during the Super Bowl, it looks really good.

message 14: by Summer (new)

Summer (paradisecity) | 360 comments Ooh, that looks exciting!

message 15: by Marcus Peterson (new)

Marcus Peterson | 142 comments Erin wrote: "Kerry wrote: "Here's an interesting article that breaks down the imagery in the trailer.

Can I just say...Sissy Spacek!!"

Looking up the casting credits, she is suppose to be in four episodes. It also lists Terry O'Quinn being in the cast too but I don't recall seeing him in the trailer unless I missed him. ."

Yeah, I saw him in the trailer and I was so excited! I loved him on Lost so much, so I am really interested to see him on this show!

message 16: by Jen_Ken (new)

Jen_Ken a.k.a....Jenny from the block | 725 comments I like Scott Glen as Alan Pangborn

message 17: by Erin (new)

Erin (ems84) | 2099 comments Kenneth wrote: "I like Scott Glen as Alan Pangborn"

I was wondering where I knew him from (Netflix's Daredevil).

message 18: by Jen_Ken (new)

Jen_Ken a.k.a....Jenny from the block | 725 comments Hi Erin... he was a Secretariat and hunt for red October
Two of my favs

message 19: by Erin (new)

Erin (ems84) | 2099 comments Hi Ken. No kidding? I have seen both but don't recall him in either but now that I know him better, I'd probably recognize him more if I re watched both.

message 20: by Jen_Ken (new)

Jen_Ken a.k.a....Jenny from the block | 725 comments If you are going to watch those then another two are Urban Cowboy although he was a jerk in that one but he played that part well. He was also in Silence of the Lambs which is another good one...

message 21: by Kandice (new)

Kandice | 3968 comments He's also the "bad guy" in Urban Cowboy!

message 22: by Erin (new)

Erin (ems84) | 2099 comments Kenneth wrote: "If you are going to watch those then another two are Urban Cowboy although he was a jerk in that one but he played that part well. He was also in Silence of the Lambs which is another good one..."

What was his role in Silence of the Lambs?

message 23: by Jen_Ken (new)

Jen_Ken a.k.a....Jenny from the block | 725 comments He was the agent in charge; character name was Jack Crawford... if you are into Thomas Jane there is this SYFY move called into the grizzly maze which is kind of campy but Scott Glen was pretty cool in it. Plus Piper Perabo is in it and although she very attractive... I’m still hooked on Emily Rose... hopefully they do a reboot of HaVen....

message 24: by Erin (new)

Erin (ems84) | 2099 comments Oh I remember him from Silence of the Lambs! I love that movie. I'll have to check out the Syfy movie. I never watch their original movies much since I have never found one I liked but the cast sounds good enough in that one to try.

message 25: by Kandice (new)

Kandice | 3968 comments Kenneth wrote: "He was the agent in charge; character name was Jack Crawford... if you are into Thomas Jane there is this SYFY move called into the grizzly maze which is kind of campy but Scott Glen was pretty coo..."

I also have a bit of a crush on Emily Rose! And Lucas Bryant. And Eric Balfour!!!!

I've always felt that Lucas and Eric could be a perfect Roland and Eddie Dean.

message 26: by Jen_Ken (new)

Jen_Ken a.k.a....Jenny from the block | 725 comments I would like to see Emily Eric and Lucas in any movie together since the chemistry between them is so deep that any movie they would do can simply be awesome.

message 27: by Summer (new)

Summer (paradisecity) | 360 comments I really hadn’t paid attention to the cast, and it looks like it’ll be fantastic! There are a lot of people I’m excited to see.

message 28: by Justin (new)

Justin (rockstarintraining) Anyone see the new trailer that dropped today? It’s full of early SK references. Two more weeks!

message 29: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (paper_addict) | 914 comments Do you have a link?

message 30: by Justin (new)

Justin (rockstarintraining) You got it. Should have included that earlier.

https://youtu.be/gXsKCQenpt0

message 31: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (paper_addict) | 914 comments Thanks! I was just too lazy to google it. 😁

message 32: by Erin (new)

Erin (ems84) | 2099 comments Justin wrote: "You got it. Should have included that earlier.

https://youtu.be/gXsKCQenpt0"

Looks really good.

message 33: by Jen_Ken (new)

Jen_Ken a.k.a....Jenny from the block | 725 comments Ok maybe IT’s me but I not sure I remember a King story where a kid was at Shawshank in the castle rock story books

message 34: by Justin (new)

Justin (rockstarintraining) Yeah, I don’t think it’s based on one of his stories but takes place in the same town with references to his books.

message 35: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (paper_addict) | 914 comments I don’t think it’s individual episodes of his stories. It’s based on his stories and set in Castle Rock.

“based on the stories of Stephen King, intertwining characters and themes from the fictional town of Castle Rock.”

“Based on” could mean anything. For all we know the town and the prison are and maybe a few people are the only connections to his work.

message 36: by Latasha (new)

Latasha (latasha513) | 372 comments I forgot about this but I've been seeing it on FB, guess i'll have to renew my Hulu lol.

message 37: by Jen_Ken (new)

Jen_Ken a.k.a....Jenny from the block | 725 comments What I’m trying to figure out was that Shawshank was not a castle rock book and the only reference was Red (narrater) from Shawshank lived in castle rock before his incarceration but other than that there was no connection. So I’ll be interested to see how this is played out.

message 38: by Angie, Constant Reader (new)

message 39: by Kandice (new)

Kandice | 3968 comments I watched the first two episodes last night. They begin very slowly, and some of my friends have said they don't like that, but I loved it. King often has a slow build and then all hell breaks loose at once, so I'm fine with it.

Not giving anything away, but I love Skarsgard's character and the way he plays him is so incredibly creepy! First Hemlock Grove, then It and now this. He has definitely found his niche, but I wonder if he will regret the pigeonhole later.

message 40: by Angie, Constant Reader (new)

Watching the first two episodes now and enjoying the show a lot. I too don't mind that it is starting slowly. Getting into the background of the area (Castle Rock) and the characters just like a King book!

message 41: by Latasha (new)

Latasha (latasha513) | 372 comments I got an email from Apple saying I can stream the first episode for free. I hope it was really from them. Don’t worry, I’m not clicking links but I’ll go to the iTunes Store & check.

message 42: by Latasha (new)

Latasha (latasha513) | 372 comments I checked the iTunes Store & yes, you can watch the premier episode for free.

message 43: by Erin (new)

Erin (ems84) | 2099 comments I have read a lot of great reviews about the season. I'll have to get the season once it's available through Xfinity.

message 44: by Kandice (new)

Kandice | 3968 comments I've watched the first three episodes now and really, really like it. It' spooky, creepy, atmospheric and while a bit slow, that almost makes it better in this format. Netflix releases seasons all at once, but Hulu is forcing us to wait as they dole out the rest. King works better when playing on dread and Hulu is doing that here.

message 45: by Mike (new)

Mike (mikedv3) | 2 comments Nick wrote: "So this looks really interesting. I think its a great idea to do a show about one of King's fictional towns because so many of his stories take place in Castle Rock. Usually, I try to read a book b..."
I would say, that there will be references to books from this teaser trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60nF0...

message 46: by Angie, Constant Reader (new)

I didn't realize that King didn't write any of the episodes? So is he just a producer?

message 47: by Latasha (new)

Latasha (latasha513) | 372 comments Watched the first episode and omg! I like it but guess what? The pill popping MILF was also in Rose Red! She was Rachel Wheaton or sister! From what I saw I thought everyone’s acting was excellent! I’ll have to sign up for Hulu to watch the rest.

message 48: by Erin (new)

Erin (ems84) | 2099 comments Angie wrote: "I didn't realize that King didn't write any of the episodes? So is he just a producer?"

I thought he was a creator with JJ Abrams?

message 49: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (paper_addict) | 914 comments It says he is executive producer. Which there are many.

message 50: by Angie, Constant Reader (new)

Nancy wrote: "It says he is executive producer. Which there are many."

I'm curious how much input King had in the episodes.

« previous 1 3 4