Alpha Betas discussion

I need a few Betas for my novel

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by B. A. (new)

B. A. Bunner (authorbabunner) | 3 comments Hello! I have a 90,000 action-adventure (YA?) novel that I need help finding a genre for.
It's a coming-of-age story set in the 90s of a college freshman on a hero's journey. But, fair warning: there is no sex, drugs, or alcohol. Though not a religious book, it is very tame by today's standards. What you will get, however, is a bit of humor, some mystery, and some honest-to-goodness romance (think: Dobie Gillis meets Walter Mitty).
If you're interested, my timeline is fairly aggressive: I'm hoping to publish this within the next few months. I will be sending out one chapter at a time to ensure each is given the attention it deserves and I have the availability to review with you after every chapter.
This manuscript is finished and has been through a few rounds of self edits. Thank you in advance, for your interest. I look forward to hearing from you.

-b. a. bunner

message 2: by R.e. (new)

R.e. Joyce BA,

I would be interested in working with you on your novel. I feel it is important to present quality literature that is not burdened with crass exploitation. If you go here https://www.books2read.com/u/3kZp26 you will find excerpts of my epic fantasy. They are coming of age adventures with romance anyone can read.

I also write a bit darker as can be seen here - https://www.books2read.com/u/bQZRNv while darker and more adult I refrain form the cheep cursing and explicit sex.

Maybe, after you are comfortable with my Beta response, we can come to an agreement for you to Beta Read one of my Epic Fantasy novels.

Bill Joyce
bill.joyce@vismgt.com

message 3: by B. A. (new)

B. A. Bunner (authorbabunner) | 3 comments Thanks, Bill.
For some reason, I wasn't able to download your samples...

At the moment, I am looking for someone to review my work chapter by chapter. I don't quite have the bandwidth to do the same for another until later this year. I would love to review your work eventually, but that might not be enough for you to tackle my story.
Thanks again for reaching out. Let me know if you are still interested.
-b.

message 4: by R.e. (new)

R.e. Joyce Sure:

Let's see how it goes. send me the first chapter and your ideas of what you looking for in a beta reader. I would also like to know how many chapters per week you will expect me to review and comment on. Two would be a good maximum. I am assuming the chapters are 2500 to 4000 words per on average.
Email me at bill.joyce@vismgt.com. When you are ready I will send you the pdf version of my books for your reading enjoyment.

Bill