Indie Authors Monthly Magazine For Authors and Readers discussion

Opportunities! > IndePENdence Press Holiday Romance Themed Anthology Collection

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Scerina (new)

Scerina Elizabeth (lisascerina79) | 60 comments IndePENdence Press (an independent self-publisher) will be doing an anthology collection of Holiday Romance Themed Short Stories and is looking for authors who would like to submit their own holiday romance themed stories to their anthology collection that is due to be released on December 18, 2017.  

Here are the rules and guidelines:
Must Be A Short Story
Word Count Limit: 5K
Genre: Romance
Rating Level: Must Be Open To Audiences Of ALL AGES
Deadline For Submissions: November 30, 2017

There is also a Holiday Romance Themed Short Story Writing Contest going on where all submissions for this contest will automatically be in the IndePENence Press Holiday Romance Themed Anthology Collection with the 1st place, 2nd place, and 3rd place winners stories FEATURED as the first three stories of the collection.  Here is more information on the short story writing contest:

Rules and Guidelines are the same as the above since it is the same collection.  Prizes are as follows:

1st Place Prize:
HP Pavilion 11" 2-in-1 Laptop
Amazon Kindle Fire 
$100 Amazon eGift Certificate
Book Formatting Software "Vellum"
Critiquing, Editing, & Proofreading for next book release from Liz Liddell
Book Cover Design & Promo Graphics for next book release by K Kreative Designs
Promotion for next book release (including book tours as well as book reviews, release blitz, and much more - more information on this prize coming soon.)

2nd Place Prize:
$50 Amazon eGift Certificate
Amazon Kindle Fire
Book Cover Design & Promo Graphics for next book release by K Creative Designs
Promotion for next book release (including book tours as well as book reviews, release blitz, and much more - more information on this prize coming soon.)

3rd Place Prize:
Amazon Kindle Fire
$25 Amazon eGift Certificate

For more information on IndePENdence Press Holiday Romance Themed Anthology Collection - Contact me and I will be more than happy to assist you to the best of my abilities.  Information on where and how to submit yours stories coming soon. For more information on IndePENdence Press or about their Holiday Romance Themed Anthology Collection - please contact me and I will be more than happy to assist you or go further in detail on the entire thing with you!

message 2: by R.L. (new)

R.L. Jackson (authorrljackson) | 67 comments Mod
Thanks for sharing!!

message 3: by Scerina (new)

Scerina Elizabeth (lisascerina79) | 60 comments Your welcome :)

message 4: by Francheska (new)

Francheska Fifield | 7 comments omg thats amazing!

message 5: by Simi (new)

Simi Sunny | 173 comments This is interesting. Where do we submit the short stories?

message 6: by Scerina (new)

Scerina Elizabeth (lisascerina79) | 60 comments Submission information will be coming soon as the official site for this anthology is still under constructions - it will be open at the start of November, this is the location for all submissions. More information coming soon once it is open.

message 7: by Simi (new)

Simi Sunny | 173 comments Ok, thanks ^^

message 8: by Scerina (new)

Scerina Elizabeth (lisascerina79) | 60 comments No problem :-)

message 9: by Francheska (new)

Francheska Fifield | 7 comments :)

message 10: by Scerina (new)

Scerina Elizabeth (lisascerina79) | 60 comments Coming Soon...

The official site for IndePENdence Press where you can learn all about the upcoming holiday romance anthology collection called Mistletoe Kisses featuring various authors short holiday romance themed stories.

Information on how to submit your short stories for the Holiday Romance Themed Anthology Collection called Mistletoe Kisses will also be located on their official site as well as where to find a really good editor who would be more than happy to edit your short story as well as your other books - should you need a good editor and proofreader who is also a critique partner who can work with you on your stories and/or books. You will also find a really good graphic artist/designer who will be more than happy to design your book covers for you as well. Their services are individual services in which they have separate billing and invoicing.

IndePENdence Press is dedicated to the Independent Self-Publishing Author and is also a resource and support site to help out Independent Self-Publishing Authors bring the best of the best to all their stories and/or books.

They also host from time to time anthology collections of themed short stories where various authors of various genres can submit their own short stories to be featured in their anthology collections.

More information coming coon once their site is officially open to the public.

message 11: by Simi (new)

Simi Sunny | 173 comments Oh ok. :) Thanks for the update.

message 12: by Scerina (new)

Scerina Elizabeth (lisascerina79) | 60 comments Anytime :)

message 13: by Scerina (new)

Scerina Elizabeth (lisascerina79) | 60 comments You can submit your short story to the Holiday Romance Themed "Mistletoe Kisses" Anthology Collection  @
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FA...

message 14: by Simi (new)

Simi Sunny | 173 comments Scerina wrote: "You can submit your short story to the Holiday Romance Themed "Mistletoe Kisses" Anthology Collection  @
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FA......"

Awesome! ^^ I cannot wait to submit it! I'm close to finishing up writing. It's going to take time, though.

message 15: by Scerina (new)

Scerina Elizabeth (lisascerina79) | 60 comments I can't wait to see what you come up with! :)

message 16: by Lola (new)

Lola Kyle (lavidalola) | 4 comments I can't wait to submit my short. <3

message 17: by Alyson (new)

Alyson Stone (alysonserenastone) | 194 comments I have a holiday story, but it's 12,000 words. Time to look through my files.

message 18: by Scerina (new)

Scerina Elizabeth (lisascerina79) | 60 comments That is okay you can submit it

message 19: by Simi (new)

Simi Sunny | 173 comments Just asking, how many pages can we have in a short story? I have a tendency to write upto 14 pages. ^^;

message 20: by Scerina (new)

Scerina Elizabeth (lisascerina79) | 60 comments am not sure bout pages but you can do between 5k to 15k word count

message 21: by Scerina (new)

Scerina Elizabeth (lisascerina79) | 60 comments 14 pages might be around 5k but am not sure - MS Word usually tracks your wordcount

message 22: by Simi (new)

Simi Sunny | 173 comments Alright. Thank you so much. I'll see qhat I can do. ^^

message 23: by Scerina (new)

Scerina Elizabeth (lisascerina79) | 60 comments Your very welcome hun :) and anytime :)

message 24: by Alyson (new)

Alyson Stone (alysonserenastone) | 194 comments So, 12000 words are okay?

message 25: by Scerina (new)

Scerina Elizabeth (lisascerina79) | 60 comments yes it is okay

message 26: by Simi (new)

Simi Sunny | 173 comments Quick question, do you want to make the font size 12? I just want to make sure, because I know that every book has to be size 12.

message 27: by Scerina (new)

Scerina Elizabeth (lisascerina79) | 60 comments Yes please thank you :)

message 28: by Scerina (new)

Scerina Elizabeth (lisascerina79) | 60 comments : : UPDATED INFORMATION : :

: : ATTENTION ALL AUTHORS : :
If you would like to participate in IndePENdence Press Holiday Romance themed short story anthology collection called Mistletoe Kisses - please continue reading:

IndePENdence Press (an independent self-publisher) will be doing an anthology collection of Holiday Romance Themed Short Stories and is looking for authors who would like to submit their own holiday romance themed stories to their anthology collection that is due to be released on December 18, 2017.

Here are the rules and guidelines:
Must Be A Short Story
Word Count Limit: 5K
Genre: Romance
Rating Level: Must Be Open To Audiences Of ALL AGES
Deadline For Submissions: November 30, 2017

There is also a Holiday Romance Themed Short Story Writing Contest going on where all submissions for this contest will automatically be in the IndePENence Press Holiday Romance Themed Anthology Collection with the 1st place, 2nd place, and 3rd place winners stories FEATURED as the first three stories of the collection. Here is more information on the short story writing contest:

Rules and Guidelines are the same as the above since it is the same collection. Prizes are as follows:

1st Place Prize:
HP Pavilion 11" 2-in-1 Laptop
Amazon Kindle Fire
$100 Amazon eGift Certificate
Book Formatting Software "Vellum"
Book Cover Design & Promo Graphics for next book release by K Kreative Designs

2nd Place Prize:
$50 Amazon eGift Certificate
Amazon Kindle Fire
Book Cover Design & Promo Graphics for next book release by K Creative Designs

3rd Place Prize:
Amazon Kindle Fire
$25 Amazon eGift Certificate

For more information on IndePENdence Press Holiday Romance Themed Anthology Collection - Contact me and I will be more than happy to assist you to the best of my abilities. Information on where and how to submit yours stories coming soon. For more information on IndePENdence Press or about their Holiday Romance Themed Anthology Collection - please contact me and I will be more than happy to assist you or go further in detail on the entire thing with you!

: : IMPORTANT NOTE : :
Upon receiving your submission and it is approved to be added to the anthology. We will be in touch with a legal contract which will give you detail information about how royalties will work as well as copyright and story rights information. Once you read, understand, agree, and sign the legal contract and any other important documents that we send to you, we will officially add your story to our anthology collection. You will have (7) days to complete any legal and important documents sent to you. For more information on the legal details of Mistletoe Kisses Anthology Collection, contact an admin.

: : HOW TO SUBMIT : :
You must have a Google Account to submit your short story and you can submit your short stories at the following link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FA...

message 29: by Simi (new)

Simi Sunny | 173 comments Thank you for the update :)

Oh, tow more questions (I'm sorry for so many), do we have to pay for our entries? Do we also get copies of the collection, once we get approved?

message 30: by Scerina (new)

Scerina Elizabeth (lisascerina79) | 60 comments No need to pay and you will receive free copies when it is released

message 31: by Simi (new)

Simi Sunny | 173 comments Scerina wrote: "No need to pay and you will receive free copies when it is released"

AHHHH! Thank you, again ^-^

message 32: by Scerina (new)

Scerina Elizabeth (lisascerina79) | 60 comments Anytime :)

message 33: by Simi (new)

Simi Sunny | 173 comments Just one more question (sorry again). I just finished typing up my story, and I have 5336 (I believe). Is it ok? Just double checking.

message 34: by Scerina (new)

Scerina Elizabeth (lisascerina79) | 60 comments Mistletoe Kisses Anthology Collection:
I want to mention a little something in regards to the Mistletoe Kisses Anthology Collection in regards to having your short stories edited and proofread before submitting them to Mistletoe Kisses Anthology Collection - this is more like a warning.  If your work is not edited nor proofread and does not read right or look good grammatically - it will not be entered into the Mistletoe Kisses Anthology Collection. My editor is very busy with editing others as well as my own books and she does not have the time to thoroughly go through each short story submitted to make sure all is well with it, one of the rules of the anthology collection was to have your story edited and proofread prior to submission.  If you fail to do so and in the end even after you signed the contact and I approve it myself, if my editor goes through it and find significant errors and it does not read nor look good - I will immediately reject it and not have it apart of the Mistletoe Kisses Anthology Collection.  I will contact you about it and give you till the 30th of November to have it properly edited and proofread before you can re-submit it.  

Another thing I want to touch on in regards to the Mistletoe Kisses Anthology Collection is the legal contract for Mistletoe Kisses Anthology Collection. Once your story has been approved and entered into the collection, you will have (7) days to read and look over the contract completely either by yourself or with your own personal lawyer, make sure you fully understand it, sign it and return back to me.  You can either mail it back via postal mail or scan a copy of your signature on it and email me the scan copy. You will also need to fill out any highlighted areas on the contract with your own personal information and I will need a copy of that as well for my own records.  If you need further assistance or clarification, you more than welcome to talk with my lawyer Umar Farooq, I can have him call you should you need to talk to him.  For any other questions or assistance in regards to Mistletoe Kisses Anthology Collection itself, feel free to ask me and I will be more than happy to assist you to the best of my abilities. 

message 35: by R.M. (new)

R.M. Gauthier | 9 comments Hey Scerina,
Quick questions, how long are we signing over our rights to our stories for the Anthology? And, who are you publishing it with exclusive to Amazon or wide? When will the winner of the short story contest be announced?

message 36: by Scerina (new)

Scerina Elizabeth (lisascerina79) | 60 comments I have just messaged you about this.

Indie Authors Monthly Magazine For Authors and...

unread topics | mark unread