YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

BUDDY READ: Adult Fiction > Little Darling by Urcelia Tiexeira Starting October 8th 2017!

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by noor (new)

noor (smendes) | 285 comments What if one day, having led a fairly fulfilling life, you receive a mysterious letter that could lead you to finding your birth parents?
Would you embark on an unknown journey to a remote fishermen’s village somewhere on the Italian coast having never travelled before or even knowing where you’re going?

This is exactly what the brave Carina, an orphan who was raised in an Italian convent did.

“Turning her key she rushes through the door and runs up the narrow steep stairs to her apartment. Her body now surging with curiosity, fear and unrest, her heart pounding in her chest, she opens her apartment door and slams it behind her. She’s never gotten a letter before!”

What, or more importantly, who does she encounter when she finally arrives? Can she unlock the truth and mysteries to her past or does she discover much more than she had bargained for?

“Carina’s stomach is in knots. Partly because she can’t get the handsome stranger out of her mind, but more-so due to not quite knowing what she’s gotten herself into. It’s too late to turn around now, she thinks. She’ll just have to muster up the courage, push on and see where it leads.”

Pack your bags, travel with her, and help her unravel the mysteries of her past!

message 2: by Amanda (new)

Amanda  (manka23) | 2385 comments Goodreads was down when i started reading, so I have a bunch of updates written down to post lol

message 3: by Amanda (new)

Amanda  (manka23) | 2385 comments 19% end of chapter 3 (view spoiler)

message 4: by Amanda (new)

Amanda  (manka23) | 2385 comments 29% (view spoiler)

message 5: by Amanda (new)

Amanda  (manka23) | 2385 comments 34%(view spoiler)

message 6: by noor (new)

noor (smendes) | 285 comments 25% (view spoiler)

message 7: by Amanda (new)

Amanda  (manka23) | 2385 comments 37%(view spoiler)

message 8: by Amanda (new)

Amanda  (manka23) | 2385 comments 49% (view spoiler)

message 9: by Amanda (new)

Amanda  (manka23) | 2385 comments Noor wrote: "25% [spoilers removed]"

It's because it's all written in present tense rather than past tense. Then I noticed a few times when she messed up and wrote a verb in past tense. I prefer past tense in books. I don't care if it's first or second person, but I don't really like present tense.

message 10: by noor (new)

noor (smendes) | 285 comments Amanda wrote: "Noor wrote: "25% [spoilers removed]"

It's because it's all written in present tense rather than past tense. Then I noticed a few times when she messed up and wrote a verb in past tense. I prefer p..."

I don't mind the tenses to be honest but past tense is better. It's also the language and the flow of the lines and everything...Its like there's something nagging me about it but I can't put my finger on it

message 11: by noor (new)

noor (smendes) | 285 comments 53% (view spoiler)

message 12: by noor (new)

noor (smendes) | 285 comments 86% (view spoiler)