The NoSleep Podcast Book Club discussion

Colors of Death: Fifteen Tales of Horror
This topic is about Colors of Death
Closing out Colors of Death, plus some housekeeping

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jessica McEvoy | 105 comments Mod
We've done it! We've read our first group book! I've officially added Colors of Death to the "read" portion of the bookshelf. If you're still reading the book or planning on starting it, no worries! Take all the time you need. You can still discuss the book here. I've created a folder for the book and moved all posts relating to it there for organization's sake.

To everyone who has already read and enjoyed this book, I'd like to point out a few things we can do to support Rona, the author. We've already made a great start by checking out the book - take a look at its stats: https://www.goodreads.com/book/stats?... See that spike in September? We did that! Big thanks to anyone who took the time to rate and review the book on Goodreads. If you'd like to take it a step further, you can leave a review on Amazon as well. For self-published or small press authors, which most of our NoSleep authors are, those ratings are really helpful. You can also request copies to be available at your local library, allowing more people to discover Rona and her work, or reach out to her on social media and let her know what you thought of the book (Facebook author page: https://www.facebook.com/ronavaselaar/). Getting that support and encouragement can really make someone's day.

And now, how are you doing? Do you still feel like one book a month is something you can realistically make happen? I've noticed that after a book is announced, it takes some time for everyone to either get the book shipped from online or have it available at the library. Should I start announcing the next month's book earlier? If so, how much earlier.

Thank you all for joining in this book club. I'm really happy to have a place in my life where I can talk about books and stories. If there's anything I can do to make it better in anyway, just let me know.

Happy reading!

Lucas Hibbard (lhsquared) | 15 comments Jessica, thank you so much for starting this group! I've been wanting to start reading more horror books, and have always loved the stories on NoSleep, so reading more stories by the great authors of the podcast just makes sense. So, thanks again, Jessica.
you = large pebble ;)

Rona's book was a great way to kickoff this horror-filled adventure. It's awesome to see that we actually made her stats spike on the site. I know that personally I will be reviewing the book on amazon and try to support Rona in anyway possible, to continue this positive trend on other sites as well.

To answer you question, I think 1 a month is good. I liked how you added IT as an optional read, and for a longer period of time. As for when we should decide what book we're reading next, maybe the last week of the month? Like open a poll on the Monday of that week, and announce the winner on Wednesday? Just thoughts.

Lucas wrote: "As for when we should decide what book we're reading next, maybe the last week of the month? Like open a poll on the Monday of that week, and announce the winner on Wednesday?"

That's what I was thinking. Then we get about a half week head start to get the next book.

And you're welcome! Thanks for being a part of this adventure!

Raina Singh | 15 comments Yes, Jessica, I love that you have started this group and I am loving being a part of it!

I think a month to read a book is good, and I agree with the last week of the month being a good amount of time to start polling for the next book. I'll admit, I saw the way the poll was heading for October's book and put in a request at the library, and it was all kinds of luck that on the first day of the month, the book was ready for me to collect *phew*

Raina wrote: "I'll admit, I saw the way the poll was heading for October's book and put in a request at the library, and it was all kinds of luck that on the first day of the month, the book was ready for me to collect *phew*"

Lucky duck! Thank you for being a part of this group!

Marcus Damanda | 36 comments Mod
Oh, yeah. A book a month is do-able. I'm still just getting started on THIS month's book, but I had another to finish first. ;)