YA/NA Books about Angels, Fallen, Demons, Nephilim, etc discussion

Author's Corner > Author Book Blurbs

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carly (new)

Carly Marino | 28 comments Mod
This Portion is for Authors to share their book blurbs and add links to their novels. All posts outside of this section will be deleted. Can't wait to hear about all the good books out there!

message 2: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Crunden | 4 comments Hello! I'm Rebecca Crunden. My angels/demons book is called A Game of Wings and Marks. The main pairings are human/angel and human/demon, with a central secondary pairing of an angel and human that's m/m. It's a standalone romance. :)

Blurb:
When Octavia Coal goes to the mountains to clear her head, she doesn’t expect to find an angel in trouble.

He tells her his name is Tamiel and he’s one of the Irin – the army of angels tasked with keeping demons from overwhelming humanity. But Tamiel broke a sacred law – he fell in love with a human – and now he’s being hunted by the same angels he once served.

With nowhere else to go, Octavia and Tamiel – along with Jack, the human in question, and her brother Caleb – appeal directly to Zev, the Demon of Games. A trickster of unparalleled power, Zev gives nothing for free, and the gift he offers Octavia to keep Tamiel alive comes with a confusing catch: He makes her the Healer of Raphael, archangel and Commander of the Irin.

Suddenly a target for both angels and demons, Octavia quickly learns that the only way to survive is to play the game better than they do.

The only problem is, she doesn’t know whose game she’s playing …

message 3: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Marks | 10 comments Those looks look very cool, Rebecca! Adding to my reading list. :)

Hello all! I'm an author as well as an avid reader of all things weird and speculative. My series THE DARK CYCLE could be described as "Dickens' Oliver Twist meets TV's Supernatural" and was super fun to write.

Darkness Brutal (The Dark Cycle #1) by Rachel A. Marks Darkness Fair (The Dark Cycle, #2) by Rachel A. Marks Darkness Savage (The Dark Cycle, #3) by Rachel A. Marks

And I have a new book coming out in Feb...

Fire and Bone (Otherborn #1) by Rachel A. Marks

But that's about faeries and demigods. :)

message 4: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Crunden | 4 comments Oh awesome! I'll add your books too! They look really interesting! ^_^

message 5: by Darcy (new)

Darcy Town | 6 comments Thanks for the opportunity! I have a demons/angels trilogy that starts with Morningstar:
Morningstar (Morningstar, #1) by Darcy Town

My blurb! :)

When she meets Belial, Dahlia can't wish for a better distraction from life. But a fun night of drinking turns bizarre when Belial introduces Dahlia to Lucien and the rest of her friends, men who are exceedingly rich, in short supply of morals, overflowing with violent tendencies, and interested in everything about her.

Dahlia is charmed by her new friends, but something about them seems strangely familiar and it should. Lucien is Lucifer Morningstar, his friends are fallen angels, and Dahlia is no ordinary woman; she is the very reason they were tossed out of Heaven. She is the reincarnated spirit of Lucifer's equal and former lover, the imprisoned Primangel Ladriam. Within her, lies the power to restart and win the war against Heaven, but first she needs to survive dating the devil.

I should note that the book is romance-y, but not full of hardcore sexy fun-times. I've been working on writing better and better sex scenes since then ( trying not to turn red while I write was a step in the right direction).

message 6: by Carly (new)

Rebecca wrote: "Hello! I'm Rebecca Crunden. My angels/demons book is called A Game of Wings and Marks. The main pairings are human/angel and human/demon, with a central secondary pairing of an ange..."

Great blurb! I love the closing line!!!

message 7: by Carly (new)

Rachel wrote: "Those looks look very cool, Rebecca! Adding to my reading list. :)

Hello all! I'm an author as well as an avid reader of all things weird and speculative. My series THE DARK CYCLE could be describ..."

Rachel!! I have Fire and Bone on my kindle literally burning to be read! I’m almost done with this other YA novel and dying to read yours!!!! Yay!

message 8: by Carly (new)

Darcy wrote: "Thanks for the opportunity! I have a demons/angels trilogy that starts with Morningstar:
Morningstar (Morningstar, #1) by Darcy Town

My blurb! :)

When she meets Belial, Dahlia can't wish for a better distr..."

Love the twist you put on that Darcy! All of these books are going to be on my TBR for sure!

Also, I have this ebook by Stacia Kane called be a sex-writing strumpet. I found it very helpful!!!!

message 9: by Darcy (new)

Darcy Town | 6 comments Thanks and I am buying that ebook ASAP! I feel a calling to become a sex-writing strumpet. :)

message 10: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Marks | 10 comments Carly wrote: "Rachel wrote: "Those looks look very cool, Rebecca! Adding to my reading list. :)

Hello all! I'm an author as well as an avid reader of all things weird and speculative. My series THE DARK CYCLE c..."

Awesome!! Hope you enjoy it, Carly!!! :D

message 11: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Stambaugh (ashleystambaugh) | 7 comments Hello! My name is Ashley Stambaugh, and my Collide trilogy is about a young woman who collides with a man, who's actually an angel, and absorbs his powers, putting her in the middle of a battle with ruthless demons. Here are the blurbs for them, and thank you for the opportunity to share! :)

Collide (Collide #1) by Ashley Stambaugh

Melina Rowe never thought her quiet, simple life could change to one full of fear and confusion just by accidentally bumping into someone. But after she collides with an elderly man named Walter, she starts to hear people’s thoughts and have unsettling visions.

Walter reveals himself as a guiding angel and explains to Melina that she’s a rare type of human who can absorb angel powers. But her special ability is more of a problem for her than a gift.

The powers are too strong for humans and will eventually kill Melina unless she can successfully use them to help a select individual who’s in need of guidance. Her chances are slim, though, seeing that the handful of other humans this has happened to before didn't survive.

Scared for her life, Melina desperately tries to help a young man named Lee, but his continual resistance and her struggle with the powers make it almost impossible. Her situation only grows worse when a trio of soul-snatching demons is sent by an unknown entity to take her soul and kill her.

As a determined Walter sets out to discover who sent the demons and why, Melina must defend herself from their relentless attacks all while trying to use powers she doesn’t fully understand to help someone who doesn’t want to be helped. If she can’t figure out how to break through to Lee, the powers will ultimately destroy her. But if the powers don’t kill her first, the demons will.

Torn (Collide Trilogy, #2) by Ashley Stambaugh

Three months have passed and Melina thought she was safe. Safe from the effects of the angel powers and safe from the Noxin demons. But she thought too soon.

Just as she’s starting to enjoy her new powers and her new relationship with Lee, the slight pain she still experiences after using the powers starts to grow worse. As the pain becomes more and more unbearable, she finds herself lashing out at innocent people with unexplained anger and hatred. Then to make matters worse, she sees a Noxin demon again.

No one, not even the elders, seems to know what’s happening to Melina, or how a Noxin demon found her. And when she’s introduced to Dean, another unique human like herself, she learns that his pain is completely gone, which only makes her situation even more confusing.

Grasping for any type of answer, Melina throws out one possible explanation after another. But as her angry feelings intensify, and her angel powers grow weaker, she begins to think there might be something malevolent inside her that’s trying to take over. It’s not long before her internal struggle spirals out of control, and her body is turned into a battlefield that’s torn between good and evil.

Melina fears that if no solution is found, then she might lose all the people she loves, especially Lee. But what scares her even more is that she might lose herself to evil.

Empower (Collide Book 3) by Ashley Stambaugh

Over a month has gone by since Melina won her internal battle between good and evil. She and the elders have been vigilantly waiting for Maura and Adelia to enact their plan, but there have been no signs of them anywhere. Then one day, Melina sees a Noxin demon lurking behind an old building. As more and more demons start to appear around town, she begins to worry that their plan may have already been put into play.

While Melina tries to figure out what the demons are up to, she starts to notice a sudden increase in her negative emotions, which in turn seem to be amplifying her pow-ers. At first, she likes how strong it makes her feel. But when she realizes that her newly acquired demon powers are the cause of her sense of empowerment, she wants nothing to do with it. Even though she has reversed her demon powers to do good, she still sees them as coming from an evil source and fears that by using them the evil she fought so hard to overcome will rise up in her again.

But as the demon activity increases, and the people in her town, including all the people she cares about the most, start to display strange and violent behavior, Melina finally understands that if she wants to stop the demons and help her friends, she must embrace not only the good in her but also the bad. Because the only way to truly empower herself is by finding a way to use them together.

message 12: by Darcy (new)

Darcy Town | 6 comments Ashley wrote: "Hello! My name is Ashley Stambaugh, and my Collide trilogy is about a young woman who collides with a man, who's actually an angel, and absorbs his powers, putting her in the middle of a battle wit..."

Interesting take on the genre! :)

message 13: by Tui (new)

Tui Allen (tuibird) | 13 comments Ashley wrote: "Hello! My name is Ashley Stambaugh, and my Collide trilogy is about a young woman who collides with a man, who's actually an angel, and absorbs his powers, putting her in the middle of a battle wit..."

Sounds very frightening. I might check it out.

message 14: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Stambaugh (ashleystambaugh) | 7 comments Darcy wrote: "Ashley wrote: "Hello! My name is Ashley Stambaugh, and my Collide trilogy is about a young woman who collides with a man, who's actually an angel, and absorbs his powers, putting her in the middle ..."

Thank you! :)

message 15: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Stambaugh (ashleystambaugh) | 7 comments Tui wrote: "Ashley wrote: "Hello! My name is Ashley Stambaugh, and my Collide trilogy is about a young woman who collides with a man, who's actually an angel, and absorbs his powers, putting her in the middle ..."

Hehe, it's really not that scary.

message 16: by Carly (new)

Ashley wrote: "Hello! My name is Ashley Stambaugh, and my Collide trilogy is about a young woman who collides with a man, who's actually an angel, and absorbs his powers, putting her in the middle of a battle wit..."

Sounds interesting!!! I’m definitely going to put them on my TBR list! I’m also doing some series giveaways so I’m going to add them to that!

message 17: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Stambaugh (ashleystambaugh) | 7 comments Carly wrote: "Ashley wrote: "Hello! My name is Ashley Stambaugh, and my Collide trilogy is about a young woman who collides with a man, who's actually an angel, and absorbs his powers, putting her in the middle ..."

Thank you, Carly! That would be great. :)

message 18: by Magdaléna (new)

Magdaléna Gavlasová | 1 comments Hey everyone,
I would like to share my new book (Fatal Game) with all of you, the e-version of this book is now free until April 17th.

Fatal game is about Dora, a 26 yo girl. On the path of becoming the best version of herself, Dora discovers she belongs to the race of Nephilim, the children of fallen angels. She stands before the choice to accept powers and immortality from her father, the fallen angel, whom she barely knows, and defy the wishes of her guardian angel and supposedly the will of God, or to stay a mere human with angels by her side.

To make this choice, she is trying to figure out, which side is truly the good one. Whether it is the fallen angels, who don't seem so bad afterall, or the angels, who blindly obey every order they have been given, and realizes that both sides are led by the effort to win a fatal game God himself set up for them, or so they believe. While making this decision, she is ignorant of the fate her father has foreseen for her.

Alongside the story of Dora getting to know the supernatural world, is the love story between Dora and Ben. Dora is trying to find out whether Ben is also a Nephilim, or whether their relationship is doomed from the beginning, as he might grow old and die one day.

Link to the book: https://www.amazon.com/Fatal-Game-Mag...