Devon Book Club discussion

17 views
Archive > Descent: My debut novel

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tom (last edited Oct 09, 2017 06:08AM) (new)

Tom Dawn | 18 comments Hi folks. Just letting you know about my debut novel "Descent" which came out this week.

I'm based in Devon, in the agri-business hinterland around the M5. As a self-published author I'm finding there are barriers to being rated! Your honest/positive feedback is welcome.

Keeping all the social media going is exhausting, and I'd really rather be writing book 2 (plus earn a living), so I have just the one blog, at WordPress and just Facebook, not Twitter.


message 2: by Ruth (new)

Ruth Downie | 77 comments Hi Tom,
Congratulations and good luck with the book! And I agree totally about the challenge of keeping up with social media.
Just one thought - when I looked at your blog it was hard to find a picture of the book cover. Might be worth putting one up at the top somewhere?
Ruth


message 3: by Tom (new)

Tom Dawn | 18 comments Thanks for the suggestion, and your encouragement, Ruth. I'll do that! BTW I have set up a GoodReads Giveaway to start next week. I'll try to remember to post here.

Ruth wrote: "Hi Tom,
Congratulations and good luck with the book! And I agree totally about the challenge of keeping up with social media.
Just one thought - when I looked at your blog it was hard to find a p..."



message 4: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Shuker (kathyshuker) | 524 comments Hi Tom. Congratulations on the book! Yes, I think most of us would agree about the challenge of all the 'collateral' demands of publishing when all you want to do is write. But you can't do it all and the writing is the most important bit. I don't do Twitter either - not enough hours in the day! ;-)
Good luck with it.
Kathy


message 5: by Ian (new)

Ian | 2998 comments Mod
Tom wrote: "Hi folks. Just letting you know about my debut novel "Descent" which came out this week.

I'm based in Devon, in the agri-business hinterland around the M5. As a self-published author I'm finding t..."


Kathy wrote: "Hi Tom. Congratulations on the book! Yes, I think most of us would agree about the challenge of all the 'collateral' demands of publishing when all you want to do is write. But you can't do it all ..."

hi Tom - welcome and congratulations on the book. Great to hear from you. I shall add you to my A-Z of Devon writers.


message 6: by Tom (new)

Tom Dawn | 18 comments Thanks Ian! I'm just back from a week in sunny Malta under the heading of "research" for next book :-)
Tom

Ian wrote: "Tom wrote: "Hi folks. Just letting you know about my debut novel "Descent" which came out this week.

I'm based in Devon, in the agri-business hinterland around the M5. As a self-published author I..."



message 7: by Tom (new)

Tom Dawn | 18 comments Thanks Kathy!

Kathy wrote: "Hi Tom. Congratulations on the book! Yes, I think most of us would agree about the challenge of all the 'collateral' demands of publishing when all you want to do is write. But you can't do it all ..."


message 8: by Tom (new)

Tom Dawn | 18 comments D'Oh! I promised to list the giveaway details, here they are...

Goodreads Book Giveaway
Descent by Tom Dawn
Descent
by Tom Dawn

Giveaway ends October 26, 2017.

See the giveaway details at Goodreads.




Enter Giveaway





message 9: by Ian (new)

Ian | 2998 comments Mod
Tom wrote: "D'Oh! I promised to list the giveaway details, here they are...



Ooops sorry - missed it - was away. Hope the giveaway went well?



message 10: by Tom (new)

Tom Dawn | 18 comments Yes, it went really well. I would recommend it as part of a marketing strategy - in fact I am starting another Giveaway on 4 November. See the new giveaway details here.

At the end of the day, I have sent the book to four reviewers all of whom seem really genuine, and another 489 people have added Descent to their 'To Read' list, which is great!!

Ian wrote: "Tom wrote: "D'Oh! I promised to list the giveaway details, here they are...



Ooops sorry - missed it - was away. Hope the giveaway went well?"



message 11: by Tom (new)

Tom Dawn | 18 comments ALSO, today, unexpectedly early, my interview with Apple FM went out. You can 'catch up' with Listen Again Monday Drivetime - Hour 2 - 30 October.

Personally I was in agonies waiting for all my embarrassing ums and errs to dominate, but it came over much better than I had expected :-)


message 12: by Tom (new)

Tom Dawn | 18 comments Hi again - as promised, Giveaway number 2 is now under way!



Goodreads Book Giveaway
Descent by Tom Dawn

Descent
by Tom Dawn

Giveaway ends November 11, 2017.

See the giveaway details at Goodreads.

Enter Giveaway




message 13: by Ian (new)

Ian | 2998 comments Mod
Tom wrote: "Hi again - as promised, Giveaway number 2 is now under way!

Thanks. Duly entered

Hope it goes well

Ian
.goodreadsGiveawayWidget { color: #555; font-family: georgia, serif; font-weight: normal; text-align: left; font-size: 14px..."



message 14: by Tom (new)

Tom Dawn | 18 comments Ian wrote: "Tom wrote: "Hi again - as promised, Giveaway number 2 is now under way!

Thanks. Duly entered

Hope it goes well

Ian
"


:-)


back to top