YA/NA Books about Angels, Fallen, Demons, Nephilim, etc discussion

Introduce Yourself > Introduce yourself

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carly (new)

Carly Marino | 28 comments Mod
Introduce yourself! Tell us a bit about who you are, what you like to read, and why you joined this group! Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

PS. PLEASE read Rules in their entirety. Thanks a bunch and Welcome!

message 2: by Carly (new)

I'll comment first! I'm Carly, an avid reader who loves books about Angels, demons, Nephilim, etc ... obviously, since I started this group! I'm excited to have some friends who share these interests!

message 3: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Russell Hello Carly!
May I say that group picture is awesome :)
I'm Barbara and I love paranormal novels. I'm looking forward to reading great books!

message 4: by Carly (new)

Hi Barbara! Nice to meet you!!!

message 5: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Brotzman | 1 comments Hey guys! I’m Kayla, I love reading anything and everything but this is my new favorite topic to read about. Read sweet evil trilogy last year and recently I picked up city of bones and am now heavily invested in their world. Can’t wait to see what else people are reading so I can build up my TBR!

message 6: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Marks | 10 comments Hey guys!!! :) Thanks for inviting me, Carly! I'm excited to chat angel/demon books. :D

message 7: by Carly (new)

Yay me too! I love These kinds of books!!!!

message 8: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Crunden | 4 comments Hello! I'm Rebecca. I have a standalone angels/demons book that I published over the summer. I love reading angels and demons stories but sadly don't know of loads that I really love. Always down for recs! :)

message 9: by Tui (new)

Tui Allen (tuibird) | 13 comments Hello all. I'm a New Zealand reader so I may be able to help us with the odd Kiwi book that deals with this topic. I live in the Bay of Islands in NZ and enjoy kayaking and being near, or on, or in, the water.

message 10: by Carly (new)

Tui wrote: "Hello all. I'm a New Zealand reader so I may be able to help us with the odd Kiwi book that deals with this topic. I live in the Bay of Islands in NZ and enjoy kayaking and being near, or on, or in..."

Yay you found it! Barbara is from New Zealander too! :) kayaking is wonderful!

message 11: by Carly (new)

Rebecca wrote: "Hello! I'm Rebecca. I have a standalone angels/demons book that I published over the summer. I love reading angels and demons stories but sadly don't know of loads that I really love. Always down f..."

Hi Rebecca!!! I’m sure you’ll find some good ones.

message 12: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Marks | 10 comments Tui wrote: "Hello all. I'm a New Zealand reader so I may be able to help us with the odd Kiwi book that deals with this topic. I live in the Bay of Islands in NZ and enjoy kayaking and being near, or on, or in..."

I love kayaking, too! :)

message 13: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Marks | 10 comments Rebecca wrote: "Hello! I'm Rebecca. I have a standalone angels/demons book that I published over the summer. I love reading angels and demons stories but sadly don't know of loads that I really love. Always down f..."

Congrats on your books, Rebecca! :)

message 14: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Crunden | 4 comments Thank you! Just self-published so far, but here's hoping! :p

message 15: by Tui (new)

Tui Allen (tuibird) | 13 comments Rachel wrote: "I love kayaking, too!..."
Where do you paddle Rachel?

message 16: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Marks | 10 comments Tui wrote: "Rachel wrote: "I love kayaking, too!..."
Where do you paddle Rachel?"

I'm in Southern California, so usually we go out in the Channel Islands Harbor, or Ventura Harbor. But I've kayaked at several lakes around here, gone down the American River, the Colorado River, and a small river in Oregon that I can't recall the name of. We also go out at San Diego Harbor every summer, Catalina, and I was even able to do a trip out to the Painted Caves once (which was stunning! And terrifying...lol)

message 17: by Tui (last edited Oct 10, 2017 12:23AM) (new)

Tui Allen (tuibird) | 13 comments Rachel wrote: "I'm in Southern California, so usually we go out ..."
WOW! That sounds amazing. It will all be in the sea for me at least until I've explored all that's around here.
What are the painted caves? They sound like something out of an angels and demons story! :) (specially if they are both stunning and terrifying. )

message 18: by Carly (new)

Rebecca wrote: "Thank you! Just self-published so far, but here's hoping! :p"

That’s great! Self-publishing is a lot of work so I respect anyone that does it! :)

message 19: by Darcy (new)

Darcy Town | 6 comments Hello there, I'm Darcy! I'm an avid reader of all kinds of fiction, though I've been diving into comics/manga pretty hard recently since Kindle has tons. I have several angelic/demonic comic recommendations, but I haven't sat down and read a demonic/angelic story in awhile.! :) I'm also a self-published author of angel/demon books. I'm looking forward to your book recommendations.

message 20: by Carly (new)

Darcy wrote: "Hello there, I'm Darcy! I'm an avid reader of all kinds of fiction, though I've been diving into comics/manga pretty hard recently since Kindle has tons. I have several angelic/demonic comic recomm..."

Awesome! Looking forward to getting to know you! Congrats about your book! :)

message 21: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Marks | 10 comments Tui wrote: "Rachel wrote: "I'm in Southern California, so usually we go out ..."
WOW! That sounds amazing. It will all be in the sea for me at least until I've explored all that's around here.
What are the pa..."

Tui: Oh, the Painted Caves are on Santa Cruz Island in the Channel Islands. :)

Here's a LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB6AK...

The Painted Caves start at the 1.20 mark. It's particularly scary when the tide is higher and the current is strong. Your head will hit the roof of the cave the deeper you go, and you have to fight waves coming back out, but it's the most amazing place to go and see the sealions during mating season, there can be thousands of them, their calls echoing through the caves (they rest in the deepest parts). My uncle is nuts, so we went all the way to the back.

message 22: by Tui (new)

Tui Allen (tuibird) | 13 comments Rachel wrote: "the Painted Caves are on Santa Cruz Island ..."

Rachel, I loved that video - watched every minute. It had dolphins! And YES! Those caves looked truly terrifying. No wonder they all wore helmets. But it was all filmed on a Gopro cameras mounted on kayaks. Would you believe I just bought one myself a day or so ago and am trying to work out how to use it on my own kayak. So this vid inspired me in three ways:
* the kayaking
* the dolphins
* the gopros
Thanks so much for showing me that.

message 23: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Marks | 10 comments Tui wrote: "Rachel wrote: "the Painted Caves are on Santa Cruz Island ..."

Rachel, I loved that video - watched every minute. It had dolphins! And YES! Those caves looked truly terrifying. No wonder they all ..."

Oh, glad you liked it! We're a huge gopro fam!! My 14 yr old son has one (got it for his 12th bday) and uses it all the time for surfing, skate boarding, and kayaking. :) It's super fun to watch all the videos when you get back from an adventure.

And, yes, I have to say, we're very blessed out here in SoCal with our oceanic wildlife. And the dolphins and sealions are my faves. I wanted to be a marine biologist growing up and save all the sea turtles and dolphins. :) I also was very sure as a child that I was adopted and descended from mermaids, though, so.... lol

message 24: by Tui (new)

Tui Allen (tuibird) | 13 comments Rachel wrote: "I also was very sure as a child that I was adopted and descended from mermaids..."
You and I have a lot in common. I sailed all over the South Pacific when I was young and the marine life changed my own life as though I become one of them.
When i say "sailed" I mean that literally. We had no working motor so we sailed. We were like the marine beings with a wing in the wind and a fin in the sea.

message 25: by Tui (new)

Tui Allen (tuibird) | 13 comments Rachel wrote: "It's super fun to watch all the videos when you get back from an adventure..."
I just discovered your books! I bought one to read in bed tonight on my kindle.

message 26: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Stambaugh (ashleystambaugh) | 7 comments Hello! My name is Ashley, and I'm an author and a reader. :) I have a trilogy published about a young woman who absorbs the powers of an angel, putting her in the middle of a battle with ruthless demons.

I've had some major life changes over the past year or so, mainly moving to a different part of the country, so I'm just now getting back into being more active on Goodreads. I'm excited to meet some more people who have the same interests in angel and demon books!

message 27: by Tui (new)

Tui Allen (tuibird) | 13 comments Hi Ashley, saw your post on the blurb page. Looks intriguing.

message 28: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Stambaugh (ashleystambaugh) | 7 comments Tui wrote: "Hi Ashley, saw your post on the blurb page. Looks intriguing."

Hi, Tui! Thank you. And nice to meet you!

message 29: by Carly (new)

Ashley wrote: "Hello! My name is Ashley, and I'm an author and a reader. :) I have a trilogy published about a young woman who absorbs the powers of an angel, putting her in the middle of a battle with ruthless d..."

So glad you joined!!!!

message 30: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Stambaugh (ashleystambaugh) | 7 comments Carly wrote: "Ashley wrote: "Hello! My name is Ashley, and I'm an author and a reader. :) I have a trilogy published about a young woman who absorbs the powers of an angel, putting her in the middle of a battle ..."

Me too!

message 31: by Oliver (new)

Oliver Harper (ooharper) | 1 comments Hi Carly: My name is Oliver, I am an avid reader and author but primarily cerebral. Your reading interests suggests a vivid imagination and a world that appears to have some contagion among people with an interest in the after world. I am curious and also spiritual and would be open to see what flows out this group. thanks for the invite

message 32: by Carly (new)

Welcome! :)

message 33: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Marks | 10 comments Welcome!!

message 34: by Jeff (new)

Jeff Severcool (jeff_severcool) | 3 comments Well hello everyone! I'm Jeff and I have too many interests for one lifetime. I don't get to read as much as I'd like to, but I usually enjoy books that are dark, odd, vicious, disruptive, etc. I also enjoy memoirs and non-fiction as well. It's nice to meet you all!

message 35: by Carly (new)

Hi Jeff!!!!

message 36: by Jeff (new)

Jeff Severcool (jeff_severcool) | 3 comments Hi Carly!!!! lol