Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Cover Help > Please change the cover

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Adelaide (new)

Adelaide Walsh | 8 comments Hello!

Could you please delete the cover that is now shown on https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...
to the one here: https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.c... (I have also added it as an alternate cover in GoodReads gallery).

The one that is shown now, is for another book that has not been released yet (Burn), and I don't want it associated with Drown in your system.

Thank you for understanding.

Regards
Adelaide

message 2: by Empress (new)

Empress (the_empress) Working on this

message 3: by Empress (new)

Empress (the_empress) Can you confirm for me that Burn was supposed to be published with ASIN B073WX8X12? Will that book have a different ASIN?

I have added the book you are asking for here: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

I have fixed the title and descriptions of your other books. Please be aware that descriptions are not allowed in the titles and reviews are not allowed in the description field.

Please let me know about the ASIN so that I can see if the books need anything else done on them.

Thank you.

message 4: by Adelaide (new)

Adelaide Walsh | 8 comments Hello, Ellie.
Frankly speaking, on Amazon I put Burn on preorder, but then I understood I won't be quick enough to meet the preorder deadline, and changed the preorder to be the short story Drown instead.
So the ASIN and preorder link was created for Burn, but then was changed on Amazon to Drown.
So if you can't change the page that used to be Burn page to Drown page, then it'd be better to delete it from the system, if is possible as it doesn't have ASIN or buy/preorder link (it leads to Drown now, which may puzzle Goodreads users).
Also, I have put in the Goodrerads system that Drown is book 1.3 in the series, because I have a book on InstaFreebie (Christmas Eve Frenzy) that is numbered book 1.5 in the same series.

message 5: by Empress (last edited Oct 08, 2017 11:11AM) (new)

Empress (the_empress) Hi Adelaide,

Thanks for confirming the ASIN/Title change.

I was not able to change Burn on the system but have moved the ASIN to Drown, therefor Burn is no longer associated with Drown in the way you refer to in your first message.
The way I see it the issue has been resolved as both entries are separate and ASIN is now associated with the correct book.

Unfortunately when it comes to deleting editions, that is not allowed and Librarians cannot assist. If you have legal concerns you can contact Goodreads, however I don't see in what way is your series confusing to the readers and why would anyone confuse burn for drown. Those are two separate entries.

I would advise you to update the description and publishing date for Burn if those are wrong.

I have changed the numbering back to 1.3 for Drown.

Please let me know if you have any questions and thank you for answering mine.

message 6: by Adelaide (new)

Adelaide Walsh | 8 comments Thank you, Ellie.
Probably you can add the link on Burn's page so that when a person presses "Get a copy>Amazon" it leads them not to the search of keyword Burn, but my Amazon author page, or Great Keeper series page (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07...)?..
Or do you need ASIN to link with retailer?..

message 7: by Empress (new)

Empress (the_empress) You do need an ASIN for the links to work, retailer links are not allowed in the url field.

Once you have the ASIN assigned just add it to the edition and the links will work. It will also prevent the automated scripts from creating a duplicate entry of the book into the system.

You can ask us to do that, just start a new topic when you have the ASIN for Burn.

message 8: by Adelaide (new)

Adelaide Walsh | 8 comments Ok, thank you.

Have a nice day!

message 9: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42494 comments Mod
Adelaide wrote: "(I have also added it as an alternate cover in GoodReads gallery)."

Cover photos should not be added to the more images section, as is explicitly stated when you upload images there.

Removed.