Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Feeling Nostalgic? The archives > Tattoos...cheerios...shaves

Comments Showing 1-50 of 240 (240 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by RandomAnthony (last edited Aug 08, 2009 04:33AM) (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I'm thinking of getting my kids' initials tattooed on my lower leg. Nothing big or scary. I don't know exactly why. Mid-life crisis? I suppose it's better than buying a fast car and dating an undergrad. Anyway, do you have any tattoos? What are your thoughts on tattoos?

I know people say tattoos can be dangerous, but what in the hell isn't dangerous, you know? There's a reputable tattoo place not far away from here. I'm just thinkin' about it.

message 2: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments I like them and I hadn't heard they're dangerous. Other than the possibility of having bad art on your body forever.
I don't feel comfortable going to an artist unless I've seen their work on someone. But I'm cautious, by nature.

message 3: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 08, 2009 05:39AM) (new)

I've thought about it, and as soon as the Cubs win the world series it will happen - it appears I'll be clean for another year.

message 4: by RandomAnthony (last edited Aug 08, 2009 06:11AM) (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I was referring to these sorts of risks, Gretchen...

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/tatt...

Jim...don't make any appointments for ink soon...heh...

message 5: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments ::covers eyes!::

I'm not reading that, I never saw it, I don't know anything about it. Tattoos are safe and nothing bad is going to happen to me or my skin!

message 6: by Donitello (new)

Donitello | 148 comments I like black, "Maori"-style tats A LOT.

I think they may be the only kind I do like, but maybe someone here can open my eyes to others.

message 7: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Are they yours, Doni? They are nice.

message 8: by Donitello (new)

Donitello | 148 comments No, I have no interest in getting tatoos m'self. Plus I can't stand like that. (Which ballet position IS that, anyhow??)

message 9: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Oh, I thought it was two people ....

So ... you just like to look at them?

message 10: by Donitello (new)

Donitello | 148 comments Yes. Like houses painted in bright colors. I don't want my house looking like that, but am glad someone else did it. Keeps things interesting.

message 11: by RandomAnthony (last edited Aug 08, 2009 08:03AM) (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I will be repeating the same mantra as Gretchen when I get the tattoos....

message 12: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments I've never had any problems and I don't know anyone who has had any problems so obviously no problems exist!

message 13: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17320 comments Mod
Sweeter wants to get his name tattooed across his back.

Our last name is 10 letters long. I'm against this plan.

message 14: by Donitello (new)

Donitello | 148 comments Stop worrying, Gretchen! Tattoos are safe enough. MUCH safer than... well, say... Cheerios?

message 15: by Sally, la reina (new)

Safer than heroin.

message 16: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments I plan to continue partaking in both so apparently I'm not all that worried. (tattoos and cheerios that is, not heroin.)

message 17: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Do you have a lot of them, Gretchen? No, not Cheerios.

My hair stylist is practically covered. Well, nothing above the neck. She's an ultra nice person -- but she is discriminated against quite often. People assume things they shouldn't.

Hers (or the ones I've seen) are very tasteful. She just had one done covering her back that is outrageously beautiful.

message 18: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments No, just a few. I like when people have a lot of them but it's not for me.

I have a shitload of Cheerios.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Gretchen wrote: "No, just a few. I like when people have a lot of them but it's not for me.

I have a shitload of Cheerios."

So can you describe them to us?

message 20: by Sally, la reina (new)

You've seen your hairstylist's back, Larry?

message 21: by Félix (last edited Aug 08, 2009 09:32AM) (new)

Félix (habitseven) They're Cheerios, Jim. What do you need described?

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Honey Nut, Multigrain, Yogurt covered? Come on so many kinds I need to here about them.

message 23: by Sally, la reina (new)

"what do need described," he says.

message 24: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) I fixed it, smart one.

message 25: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Sally wrote: "You've seen your hairstylist's back, Larry?"

I saw a picture on Facebook, and this morning she had a top on with an open back.

So ... yes.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Sally wrote: ""what do need described," he says."

Gee, I'm slipping. He's feeding me lines, and I stand by stupidly.

message 27: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Delays are deadly in this game, Jim, old friend.

message 28: by Sally, la reina (new)

ooo! Fresh haircut!

message 29: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 08, 2009 09:48AM) (new)

Sally wrote: "ooo! Fresh haircut!"

and a shave?

message 30: by Sally, la reina (new)

Multigrain cheerios are the tastiest.

message 31: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) No shave yet. It's Saturday.

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Sally wrote: "Multigrain cheerios are the tastiest."

They really are quite good, surprising since regular cheerios really don't have a lot of taste.

message 33: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Honey Nut rules.

message 34: by Lori (new)

Lori I'm all about the multigrain cheerios myself, and if you add sliced fresh fruit, just divine!

I used to be judgmental about people covered in tats, I admit. Thankfully, I have realized that is just plain wrong, tats are just a person's self-expression. But I come from an age and background where only people in jail and sailors have tats.

Now I like them, but I'm with Bun and Doni, not for me.

message 35: by RandomAnthony (last edited Aug 08, 2009 10:37AM) (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I like multigrain too, and for some reason they're cheaper, but my kids (like Larry) swear by honeynut...

message 36: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) I don't swear.

message 37: by Donitello (new)

Donitello | 148 comments Cheerios will kill you. The boxes should have warning labels, like cigarettes. Gretchen laughs, but never say I didn't tell you.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments RA, you might try having the initial hennaed on to you first, and see how you like it, before going for something permanent.
I'm of the non-tattoo persuasion, myself. I prefer less painful forms of self-expression. Like jewelry, or souvenir t-shirts.

message 39: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Doni wrote: "Cheerios will kill you. The boxes should have warning labels, like cigarettes. Gretchen laughs, but never say I didn't tell you. "

Seriously?

message 40: by Matthieu (new)

Matthieu | 1009 comments I would never get a tattoo. I don't mind them on other people (for the most part), it's just not something I'd want to do to myself.

message 41: by Sally, la reina (new)

Cheerios clog up my poo.

Just, FYI.

message 42: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Yeah but they lower your cholesterol. It's a trade off, I know.

Good for you, Matt. I've thought about it -- but could never decide on anything that I wanted to be on my skin until I died.

message 43: by Sally, la reina (new)

Why do I want my cholesterol lowered again? It's been a while since that's been the big thing.

message 44: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Supposedly, high cholesterol is a risk factor for heart disease and stroke. But I'm not convinced.

message 45: by Sally, la reina (new)

That's a comma splice.

message 46: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) a wha?

message 47: by RandomAnthony (last edited Aug 08, 2009 03:59PM) (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Jackie "the Librarian" wrote: I'm of the non-tattoo persuasion, myself. I prefer less painful forms of self-expression. Like jewelry, or souvenir t-shirts.

http://rlv.zcache.com/olympia_washing...

message 49: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Very nice.

« previous 1 3 4 5
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.